Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Say it isn't so

Started by LaundryLady,

Previous topic - Next topic

LaundryLady

Just heard it on AOhell, The Simpsons going Islamic and Homer gonna give up Duff.  Is there anything left to believe in. (besides the Capt I have been keeping company with, that is)

PogoNutz

Heavens to Murgatroid

Homer is giving up Duff?

Is he switching to Duff lite?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

ClingFree

HollyDazed

That was an excellent suck-up, ClingFree   :P

crankycook

from what i heard on the news yesterday, it's so, Homer is going Islamic, giving up the duffs and the pork. Sorry Homer

Lady Golden Eagle

Hello All,
   Yes I heard the same thing on the news yesterday.

O0

Homer

Quote from: crankycook on October 19, 2005, 05:18:48 PM
from what i heard on the news yesterday, it's so, Homer is going Islamic, giving up the duffs and the pork. Sorry Homer

That is my other brother Omar. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PogoNutz

Quote from: Homer on October 20, 2005, 09:37:01 AM
Quote from: crankycook on October 19, 2005, 05:18:48 PM

That is my other brother Omar. ;)

Nicely done (H)omer  O0

masters angel

According to my newspaper they are going to be the 'Shampsoons' instead and Homer will become Omar and Bart will become Badr. Don't know if thats right but its what i read.

SaintHiρρo

The Simpsons have made their debut on Arab TV - but they've been re-branded Al Shamsoons. TV bosses made some changes to the legendary US cartoon to help ensure it's a hit across the Middle East.

Lazy dad Homer has become Omar - and has been banned from munching pork and drinking beer so he is acceptable to the Muslim audience.

He will now be seen snacking on Arab cookies instead of donuts and swigging a fizzy soft drink. Tearaway Bart is now called Badr, and Moe's bar has been written out of the show. 

Egyptian actors have been hired to read the characters voices but well-known catchphrases like Doh! and Aye Carumba! will stay.

Michel Costandi of MBC: "I think The Simpsons will open new horizons for us to the future. We are opening up a new genre of programming in the Middle East."

Source: <a href="http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=2955518">"Tonight"</a>

PogoNutz

huggybear

:o thats crazy!!! Can't they pick some other show????

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview