This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Books

Started by starwarsgeek,

Previous topic - Next topic

starwarsgeek

Has anybody read any good- books lately. i have to do a book report and just seeing if you know any that i should read

Snarechick

I read Stephen King's "The Stand" (Uncut version, pretty long) two books ago.  I really enjoyed that book.  Very long read, probably not something you'd have time for with everything else in college...but worth a shot if you do.

Dean Koontz "By the Light of the Moon" is a pretty good read, not too long.  I think it took me four days to read the hardcover edition.

I read a LOT (four bookcases full here in my bedroom, I need about two more for the books lying around).  Thanks to the autos, I can kill two birds with one stone. ;D

starwarsgeek

Why would you want to kill a bird? what did it do to you?

foxx

Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates by Tom Robbins...
Best Book Ever.  Even named my cat after the main character!  lol

I would highly suggest any Robbins' book...

also recently finished "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" by Michael Chabon...also an excellent read.  It's kinda long though (636 pages)....

Happy reading!

avs1roy33

The Red Magician is a good book. Its a holocaust/magic book and is very well written. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has lots of literary things to talk about if thats what you are looking for.

Motley

Within the past couple of week's I have read....

The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
Ted Bundy:  Conversations With A Killer
Gerald's Game by Stephen King

The first two are just because I am a criminal justice major and needed to read about how a killer's mind works.  The last one...I'm just twisted.  

pogohatesme

ohhhh I read A Stranger Bedisde Me a couple weeks ago.....I really like Ann Rule and other true crime stories...one of my fav people is Dr. Henry Lee....though he only has a couple of books out

cathyl1226

I have every book by Les Roberts he writes about a privet detective who lives and works in Cleveland Ohio, and since I live here it's very cool because I know every street and neighborhood the story is in.

CindyLouWho

I just finished reading 2 books by Susan Wiggs  <Table for Five & Ocean Between Us>  & they were so good I couldn't put em down once I started reading em.  Got couple more of her books on the way & I can't wait to read em.  If you haven't read any of her books, I recommend checking out "Table for Five". 

Oh, they're not very big books so don't take too long to read em either...lol

lilgreenfrog

Just finished "Jemima J" by Jane Green
I'm reading "The Next Big Thing" by Johanna Edwards.

Snarechick

QuoteTed Bundy:  Conversations With A Killer
Gerald's Game by Stephen King

My brother just finished the Ted Bundy book, said it was interesting.

I'm currently reading Gerald's Game as I read Dolores Claiborne prior to it.  Good reads.

exquisate

I read roamance books...about the only other books I have read in the past year is Steven King Novels!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview