Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Weather

Started by starwarsgeek,

Previous topic - Next topic

starwarsgeek

Today i was late to class because of the weather and the fog. It made the windows frozen. I like the cold but not when it make my feet cold, and late to school. is this happing to you?

Snarechick

When I was attending Central Michigan University, they made us walk through 14" of snow in a blizzard to classes.  What's worse is the fact that they did not let anyone off the hook who had to DRIVE to campus.  What a day that was when I had to drive in, park in the freshman lot, walk a mile to my dorm, and then walk another mile to my 8am class.   >:(

Apparently they have only closed campus for weather related issues once.

I'm going back to school again this winter (finally), but it's only ten minutes from my house the local college. O0  Gotta love school...I'm close to just being a "professional student", lol.

lilgreenfrog

When I went to school, we had to walk five miles in the snow. Uphill both ways of course.

PogoNutz

ClingFree

Quote from: Snarechick on October 27, 2005, 09:57:58 PM
When I was attending Central Michigan University, they made us walk through 14" of snow in a blizzard to classes.  What's worse is the fact that they did not let anyone off the hook who had to DRIVE to campus.  What a day that was when I had to drive in, park in the freshman lot, walk a mile to my dorm, and then walk another mile to my 8am class.   >:(

Yanno .. Grand Valley State Univ made the students attend when it was literally 10 below without factoring in the wind chill .. People were getting frost bite walking to class - But in my opinion, thats the joy of paying for classes, so you can choose not to have your nose fall off   O0

ClingFree

Quote from: Mr. Bill on October 28, 2005, 06:36:42 PM
In the snow with no shoes.

My kids would ask if they had shoes back then  :'(

Madonna

To hear my father tell it, he had to walk 5 miles to school, in the snow, with no shoes and no coat. We live in Alabama, which is doubtful, considering we rarely get snow. But it is unseasonably cool here lately...we even had frost already!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview