Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Don't forget to turn your clocks back

Started by Barbara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbara

PogoNutz

Bless you Barbara.  I had forgotten and would have been mad had I set my alarm and got up an hour early :)

I guess this means and extra hour of pogo tonight  O0

Betty Boop

nananana I in AZ .......we dont change time..................

Snarechick

Thanks for the reminder...you have no idea how badly I need that extra hour of sleep this month. :o

pogohatesme

woo hoo lol i'm in indiana and we don't change ours......for the time being anyway.....may have to next year

bobby

CindyLouWho

My son's going around changing all my clocks now so guess I'll be all confused the next couple hours   ???

PogoNutz

This is the only time of the year that I'm not confused.  I get to sleep in an extra hour  (hurray Beer.  Wait, that's not right) :)

janet

Hi Betty, I moved from Oregon to Arizona and back to Oregon again.  I can't remember what time it is anywhere.  Really liked not having to change the clocks.  Hate that, especially the ones that you have to run ahead 24 hrs.  Lucky you.  Where in AZ are you?

beanie

Wow I never knew that not everyone did that.  I truely thought the whole world did it at the same time hehe well maybe not at the same time but really I thought at least everyone in the US did it.  You never get too old to learn something new.  Thank you for the new thing I can add to my brain  lol=    Oh and by the way-  Why does everyone not need to do it?  Or why do we have to?  Is this too many questions for this late of an hr?  :P

Roseybud333

LOL Beanie don't feel bad. . . . I never understood why we did this either ???

PogoNutz

Quote from: maxraven on October 30, 2005, 04:19:15 AM
Not all states observe Daylight Savings Time (such as Arizona) and it is a very outdated concept. :-\

Very outdated.  Now that I got my hour back can we vote it out?    ;D

janet

Hawaii doesn't do daylight savings time either, and part of another State.  Can't remeber which one that is.  They think it saves every one energy $$'s.  I don't get it though and hate it.  I am sure no one does their best work the first or second week of the thing so that would be a waste of $$'s.  Did that make any sense?  If not it is because I am trying to adjust to the time change.  :P

pogohatesme

Here in Indiana we don't observe it.  It's kinda nice when the time does change though cause I live right on the Ohio line....so on TV we've got 2 chances to watch shows and stuff like that.....but they've voted to next year put us on Daylight Savings Time.  It's not finalized yet but we may have to change our time

kazandchip

I had to put mine forward.It always happens on my weekend on so 1 hour less sleep and when they go back I am always on night duty so I work the extra hour >:(

sleauxmeaux

Sure. It's outdated as all get out.. but that didn't stop them from federally legislating it to start earlier and end later this year.

BTW, Daylight Saving Time started during WWII (and it's 'saving' not 'savings'; popular misconception). But then, really, it's not saving squat since there's still 23 hours, 59 minutes and 12 seconds in a day regardless.

Roseybud333

Quote from: maxraven on October 30, 2005, 04:19:15 AM
Time Zones were established when the primary means of long-distance travel were trains and based upon the speed of the trains at that time, as well as the Sun's position at Noon in any given area. Daylight Savings Time was established much later on and was intended to allow workers to go to work, and leave, during a much more well-lit time as lighting systems weren't as good as they are now. Not all states observe Daylight Savings Time (such as Arizona) and it is a very outdated concept. :-\

Thank u for explaining that Max. . . now I kinda understand more than I did LOL O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview