PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:56:46 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Temp Ban?

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

OK, I stopped playing a game I was in after I explained the problem with a rank that Pogo was looking into.  I came back like 5 minutes later and this message was in a pop up window:You have been temporarily barred from entering this game room due to your prior behavior.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?  Is this the dreaded 72 hour ban message?
Don't think I can have 3 days without Pogo  :'( lol

cranky

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

persistence

Don't know if you are in the 72 hour bann from POGO....sounded to me like someone may have reported to POGO that you were missbehaven and instead of talking to you about it they just banned you from playing in that room.Just give it a couple of days and try to go back to that room.I know one person that plays in world class solitare and she has been getting stalked by this guy and has reported him to pogo and so have the people in the room that were there when he put in text some vulgar things to her and pogo hasn't done anything to him.He keeps changing his nic,kinda like he uses the 5 or 14 day passes and then changes the nic on the next go round.Pretty sad that people don't have anything better to do than to bug other people while they are playing a game and just chatting.

Jewel

What were you doing? Does this have anything to do with the stellar glitch or are we fairly safe from being banned for that?  :-\

C~M

I was in Stellar but not using glitch and wasn't even playing the game.  I stopped to get a drink and came back to it. >:(

cranky

o ok i was in pps and someone was using auto and they reported her it was obvious she was on auto by looking at her stats.
ss  to here what happen to you crazyman look at it this way maybe you can now do things u've been putting off! O0

HollyDazed

or make a new name and and play on a guest pass.  i'd be happy to send you a guest pass.

Madonna

I had the same thing happen to me. It is more than likely a 72 hour ban. If you were not using an auto, I would report this issue to pogo. I did, and I was allowed back in the game rooms after about 1 day. I also made it CLEAR that I wasn't using an auto...make sure you tell them that!!! It worked for me, I hope it will work for you. GL ;).

renco423

are u wonderin if u are on a temp ban from stellar or pogo altogether? seems like u could just try playing a different game to see if you're banned outright, or try switching to a different stellar room since the pop up said THIS room.

C~M

I tried a different Stellar room and then different games but still get the message pop up >:(

Go Cavs!

Only 72 hour ban is like when you swear in the chat room. Or saying "booty" lol

C~M

Ok, I went to Help and sent them email asking what I did and how long I  will be banned.  And I went offline for a few hours and when I got back on I can get in games again, so I guess they acidentally banned me instead of whomever they meant to.  I haven't got a reply to my email, but they say 24 hours...lol :D

CindyLouWho

Glad you got back in Pogo, I know I'd go bonkers if I couldn't get in & play my games  LOL 

Kismet

Hello all from a 3 month lurker and now first time poster...

Kudos to the people that maintain this sirte and all the knowlegable participants.  Great site!!

I had the same message pop up a few days ago while playing Turbo 21.  I was using the auto but had only been there for a short time.  The message was a bit more detailed then the one mentioned above.  It listed 3 reasons why I was going to be temporarily suspended.  1.  Being abusive in the room  2. impersonating a pogo employee. and I forget the 3rd but it didn't mention an auto program.  I felt since I was using an auto I better not push my luck and not sure when they reinstated my name.  I have 5 of them so just played under another.  I am a bit nervous now to  use the auto.  My belief is that someone nerd reported that.  Any other ideas?

Homer

Welcome Kismet. :)

If you are using autos or being abusive in chat it's never a good idea to complain to pogo about it. It's best to ride out the 72 hour suspension and resume your normal activities.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PogoNutz

Kismet

Thanks Homer and Mr. Bill for the nice welcome!! 

Have enjoyed perusing all your great advice here.

It's funny because the name I was under is no biggy.  I have a million and a half tokens and a couple of badges.  lol  It didn't make sense to me.  It was a room that I know everyone just auto's for days and I was using medium speed and not for long..  Scary huh? 

Thanks for the input guys. 

greenflash

Quote from: CrazyMan on November 03, 2005, 02:19:38 PM
OK, I stopped playing a game I was in after I explained the problem with a rank that Pogo was looking into.  I came back like 5 minutes later and this message was in a pop up window:You have been temporarily barred from entering this game room due to your prior behavior.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?  Is this the dreaded 72 hour ban message?
Don't think I can have 3 days without Pogo  :'( lol

It seems to me that more people get banned for discussing Pogo in chat that for using autos. This has happened to several people that I play with on there.  Strange... but Pogo's cops are strange.   ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview