PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:28:50 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Prize Police Strike Again...

Started by CityOfAngels,

Previous topic - Next topic

CityOfAngels

I am a real chicken about using cheats or glitches. I never use them on my main account. I want to work towards completing all the badge books. And I don't want Pogo to have any reason to deny any jackpot... or take away my badges.

I have used a cheat on other accounts. I only own one cheat. I use it on accounts created with the free passes, for the purpose of harvesting tokens... then transferring them to my main account. (That Mini-Mall is expensive!)

In October I won a $25 Target Gift Certificate. I proudly displayed my badge, and awaited delivery of Target Prize. Almost two weeks passed. I logged onto my account, to find the "club pogo" beginner badge displayed next to my name. They had taken back my prize winner badge. When I clicked on the prize link... it said I had forfeited my prize. I just received an answer to my "ask a question". They said it was forfeited due to use of an auto to play pogo games, on that account. Which I didn't do.

A friend won $100 earlier in the year. They sent her a check... and she had fun spending it. This is the part that burns me up. She will leave an auto-clicker going in slots or keno for HOURS. She sets it up before she leaves for work. She's gone 10 or 12 hours. Clicking at a consistant speed. She even set it up once, before we left for a 3-day trip to Vegas. And they still paid her the $100! Does anyone think it's weird that they would be more reluctant to part with $25 from target... than they would $100 in CASH?

So now, I guess my main account has a big red flag on it. I will NEVER be able to win anything on pogo, using this account. And it is total BS. If I had won something on a temporary free/account, I knew I could never claim it. But I kept this one CLEAN on purpose.

Sometimes I wonder if this is pogo's way of getting people to open up additional accounts... in the hopes of winning a jackpot. If I do, I guess I will have to open up another yahoo mail account to register it. Cause I don't want it to be linked to my red-flagged account in any way.

Thanks for letting me rant. I no longer have such a strong urge to beat the snot out of someone from pogo. Oh, the urge is still there... it's just not as strong anymore.

pogohatesme

If you've never used an auto is there some way you could fight it or something ....I don't know maybe I'm just being naive....I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get your prize though

PogoNutz

I'd be more mad about losing the badge >:(

There have been posts here before where someone said they filed a complaint with the BBB.  They said they got their prize after that.  You'll have to search the old threads to find it, but you can check it out.

CityOfAngels

I am mad about the badge. The whole thing p!$$e$ me off.

It just seems that the prizes are paid VERY selectively. Someone who prolly doesn't even PLAY pogo... deciding that you are a cheat. I am afraid to complain very much. I wouldn't want to log on... and find ALL my badges forfeited.

It takes a lot of work to earn them WITHOUT using autos. But I wanted to do it that way.  I caught up the 2005 badges I missed, prior to joining, in the spring. I am now working on the 2003 book, since it has fewer badges than the 2004 book.

Here's what makes me mad... There is someone on pogo, who has only been a member since January. They have over 300 badges, and 50 million tokens. They claimed their $1000 prize. You'd think THAT account would be SCREAMING auto usage. Not an account that is lucky to have 500K-1M, and claimed a stinking $25 Target prize.

I didn't even buy the auto I have until 2 weeks before I won the prize. And that was only to feed my voracious Mini-Mall addiction.  :-[  (Dang those minis!) And I never used it on the account I won the prize on. If I had... I would have NEVER claimed the prize.

You know what this situation makes me want to do? It makes me want to buy ALL the dang autos... and run them to get my ranks. Just to say #%@$ you pogo. If they are gonna screw with the rules... why shouldn't I? Unfortunately, finances are tight right now. So I will have to make due with the one I splurged on.

Motley

It's probably just a quota issue that you got on the bad end of.  They probably paid out all they were allowed to pay in that time frame and decided to start claiming "auto usage" on accounts that they couldn't fork over the prize for.  Pogo giveth and Pogo taketh away.  It's either that or some Pogo employee's girlfriend is spending your $25 target prize.

PogoNutz

Quote from: Motley on November 04, 2005, 07:21:31 PM
It's either that or some Pogo employee's girlfriend is spending your $25 target prize.

I think you've hit on something there Motley.   LOL

CityOfAngels

$PENDING MY PRIZE???    :o    ???

THO$E BA$$ERDS!!!    >:( 

sleauxmeaux

Well, this is easy.. they flagged you because they log IP addresses. And since you dumped tokens from one account into your main, that screams to them your tokens were ill-gotten.

CityOfAngels

Does that mean that someone else playing from my IP addy would reflect on my account... even if it was another person?   

And if I open a new account, play without using autos or transferring tokens... will that account be completely clean?

BTW, it was never a large amount of tokens. 125K every 2 or 3 days. Then I'd play 5 or 6 hands of high stakes... and be done with it. So in the 2 weeks I had the auto, before I won the prize, maybe 5 times that I transferred 125K tokens.

helpmewin

Quote from: CityOfAngels on November 05, 2005, 01:25:03 AM

BTW, it was never a large amount of tokens. 125K every 2 or 3 days. Then I'd play 5 or 6 hands of high stakes... and be done with it. So in the 2 weeks I had the auto, before I won the prize, maybe 5 times that I transferred 125K tokens.

I will NEVER understand how anyone can transfer tokens from one account to another......I guess I must be dense   ::)

holly312

Im not sure about why you got the prize taken but maybe if you are playing on a few diffrent accounts you are also using the same computer i imagine? if so then i think your Java log will show auto use on your computer in general. not really sure

Lish

Quote from: helpmewin on November 05, 2005, 02:21:11 AM

I will NEVER understand how anyone can transfer tokens from one account to another......I guess I must be dense   ::)

Taken them into any of the betting games, like poker, play against them, and make them lose.

Blu

I'm an admitted auto-aholic & IF  I ever win a prive I'll try claiming it...maybe get lucky lol.

renco423

from what i've heard you can have a prize forfeited for 'token laundering', so thats probably why u didn't get it.

Steel Cheater

The same thing happened to me on my 2nd pogo account, i was playin jungle gin for badge and i had gotten a $5 prise, and a new badge, but a week later my badge was gone as well and replaced with my club pogo badge, i never used auto for jungle gin cause i was goin after gin's.  Ive used autos on other games be4 though, but im not gonna fight it cause its only 5 dollars, but dang are they that cheap that $5 is too much to give away?  Losing the badge kind of ticked me off alittle.

carolina

So, so sorry about your prize money!!!!!!   I have used an auto a couple of times on my main account, but have never won anything except wallpaper ::) :'(    I don't know that it matters where Pogo is concerned, but I use my boyfriend's laptop to dump tokens into my main Pogo acct.  Never thought about the isp, just that it's easier than opening another browser to me.

Iceman007

greenflash

Quote from: sleauxmeaux on November 04, 2005, 08:08:41 PM
Well, this is easy.. they flagged you because they log IP addresses. And since you dumped tokens from one account into your main, that screams to them your tokens were ill-gotten.

Use 2 computers, don't double broswe. Takes care of that problem.   ;D

sleauxmeaux

Quote from: CityOfAngels on November 05, 2005, 01:25:03 AM
Does that mean that someone else playing from my IP addy would reflect on my account... even if it was another person?   

And if I open a new account, play without using autos or transferring tokens... will that account be completely clean?

Just don't play against the other people in your house or play your own accounts against your "clean" account.

sleauxmeaux

Quote from: greenflash on November 05, 2005, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: sleauxmeaux on November 04, 2005, 08:08:41 PM

Use 2 computers, don't double broswe. Takes care of that problem.   ;D

Only if you have two different dial-up ISPs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview