PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 09:52:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Prize Police Strike Again...

Started by CityOfAngels,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

After playing on pogo over 6 years, I finally won $10 a few months ago.  Thought what the heck, I went ahead & claimed it but the next day I found the prize badge gone but no email or anything explaining why.  Figured I better not press my luck so I didn't push the matter.  But to top it off, its still listed to this day under my winning tab that I won the $10.  Leave it to pogo   ::)

CityOfAngels

Quote from: renco423 on November 05, 2005, 06:01:37 AM
from what i've heard you can have a prize forfeited for 'token laundering', so thats probably why u didn't get it.

They never said anything about laundering in the response they sent me. That's why I didn't consider it as a possibility, when writing my original post.

Pogo response...
"Sorry, but the prize and all prize badges have been forfeited for the use of an automated device used to play our games. This includes the use of any automated devices to play any Pogo games on your account at any time."

Nothing about laundering there.

But now that my account has been flagged, I have no longer have a need to transfer tokens onto it. I don't have to buy any tickets for drawings, that I can never win. And for my Mini-Mall madness... I can just run my ONE auto on that account. And only use it for short periods of time, in uncensored rooms, where the snitch button is disabled.

Then I will wait til I move 2000 miles cross-country next week, set up a new pogo account, on a new computer, with a new isp... that should be enough distance to make the new account clean.

greenflash

Quote from: sleauxmeaux on November 04, 2005, 08:08:41 PM
Well, this is easy.. they flagged you because they log IP addresses. And since you dumped tokens from one account into your main, that screams to them your tokens were ill-gotten.

That's total BS. So if you have roommates or a husband, you can't play poker together from the same ip without being accused of cheating? Pogo I will NOT be renewing my membership. GET A LIFE. Yahoo games look better by the minute.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

LlamaLove

Quote from: greenflash on November 07, 2005, 11:25:34 AM
That's total BS. So if you have roommates or a husband, you can't play poker together from the same ip without being accused of cheating? Pogo I will NOT be renewing my membership. GET A LIFE. Yahoo games look better by the minute.

No kidding!  We have three computers and three pogo players in this house.  We are all hooked in via a router, so ALL of our computers will display the same ISP if queried.  My husband and son love to play spades (sick freaks ... lol), so they play each other all the time.  Same with all the other competitive card games. 

Mine is the only account that uses auto and even then, not a lot unless it's a game I despise like Harvest Mania.  My family has NO clue that I even HAVE autos.  lol. But if my son wins a jackpot, he will never be able to claim it cause he shares my ISP and has played against me and/or because I have used an auto?  That is a crock. 

Oh well.  It's their sandbox and they can do whatever they want with it, so any resistance would probably be pointless.  I'll still renew cause I'm still addicted to most of the games, but I'm pretty sure that would cure my badge addiction.  I am NOT going through 2+ years of challenges and all my ranks again.  I'd play for fun. 

BigByrd

Quote from: LlamaLove on November 07, 2005, 01:45:55 PM

No kidding!  We have three computers and three pogo players in this house.  We are all hooked in via a router, so ALL of our computers will display the same ISP if queried.  My husband and son love to play spades (sick freaks ... lol), so they play each other all the time.  Same with all the other competitive card games. 

I don't think so, when I set up my wireless connection, the network guru I had helped, set up all the computers and the laptop with different IP's.

greenflash

Quote from: BigByrd on November 07, 2005, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: LlamaLove on November 07, 2005, 01:45:55 PM

I don't think so, when I set up my wireless connection, the network guru I had helped, set up all the computers and the laptop with different IP's.

Good idea. Since my last post my computer tech told me to just use AOL on one computer and my ISP on the other, then they won't match. Or... use High Speed on one and AOL dial up on the other. Pogo tries to be so slick, but with all of the Club Pogo members and AOL users there is no way they can beat people if they want to cheat. Plus, if I want to pay for 3 accounts and transfer tokens from one to the other, i seriously doubt they care. we all know with AOL and Pogo it's really about money.   ;D

sleauxmeaux

Hooked through a router, you generally still only have one public IP address.  A router will give you an internal IP like 192.168.x.x.

You can get different IPs from your broadband provider, but they generally cost more. I'd give a link to a site that displays your public IP, but I don't want to get in trouble for posting links. Or just PM me and I'll give you a link and you can see if you actually have a different public IP for each machine.

Of course I can't state FACTUALLY that Pogo will hold it against you for having matching IPs, but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that they do, as it seems they will look for absolutely any excuse to disqualify prize winners. I do know that my roommates and I do not play against each other in competitive games or "token laundering" games.

BadgeHelpOscar

Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

TwistofF8

yeah, same thing happened to me.  way I figure it, let em keep the $5.00 and I will continue to use cheats.  My perogative.

bobby

i'm just waiting to win 4999$ then have them take it back  :(

pogohatesme

lol if I ever hit the jackpot I'm for sure gonna try to claim it lol.....the 72 hour ban would be worth the effort of trying

Chuuu

I've been playing for 5 years and nothing but wallpapers and ONE screensaver....
And those are a rarity now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview