PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 10:32:54 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Thunder Popper

Started by nurses6969,

Previous topic - Next topic

nurses6969

I can not get this program to run for me says i need to open game in my browser yet the game is up and running is there some kind of trick i am missing here??  :o

Homer

Make sure you are using the latest upgrade. Version 2.5 is available on the BadgeHelp website.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

nurses6969

yes i am using the latest version 2.5 but wont run still searching for game in browser even though i am playing it at the time

windows xp
ie 6.0
800x600
16 b
font smoothing disabled
the addy flashes in browser bar when program trying to load but says not finding the game

Homer

nurses6969

Thank you Homer you rock. Works great. Happy New Year

Homer

Great! Now let's get back to popping those balloons. O0

Daphne03

I, too, was having trouble with ThunderPopper.  After doing a google search with info obtained from the error message I learned that I needed to update the display adapter driver.  Now ThunderPopper works, but Whompster still hates me.  Guess I'll continue to work on that problem.

Homer

Make sure you have smooth edges of fonts disabled. They may have been enabled again after you reformatted.

What is the auto not doing for you?

Daphne03

I disabled smooth edges of fonts right after reformatting.  ThunderPopper is working now, but Whompster still remains as a thorn in my side.  I've updated every driver on this computer and although that cured the ThunderPopper problem, the blue screen of death problem with Whompster remains.  I've made a couple of more changes, but haven't had the chance to see if they work.  Thanks for your help.

Homer

The usual culprits of the BSOD are either driver or hardware issues. From the little bit of research I did they suggest everything from a reformat to enabling and disabling drivers until you find the one causing the problem.

Maybe you could call your pc manufacturer's tech help department or seek help from the Microsoft website.

Daphne03

I think it's a bad ram stick.  Will work on that tomorrow.  Thanks

Homer

Now that you mention it....I remember them saying that could be a cause of it as well. Good Luck! ;)

Daphne03

I ended up staying up late working on my computer.  Man....am I tired this morning.  Another thing that could cause these type of errors is overheating.  I'll pull the cover off in awhile and make sure that both fans are operational.  I ran a few tests on the ram last night and it looked good with one program, but another said that only 566MB out of 768MB was operational.  Doing the math makes no sense to me as I have (2) 256MB sticks and (2) 128MB sticks.  This being blonde sucks!

*Angel*

Quote from: Daphne03 on January 01, 2006, 05:49:27 AM
I ended up staying up late working on my computer.  Man....am I tired this morning.  Another thing that could cause these type of errors is overheating.  I'll pull the cover off in awhile and make sure that both fans are operational.  I ran a few tests on the ram last night and it looked good with one program, but another said that only 566MB out of 768MB was operational.  Doing the math makes no sense to me as I have (2) 256MB sticks and (2) 128MB sticks.  This being blonde sucks!

Hey now,

Don't give all of us blondes a bad rep.   :-\   LOL

Daphne03

Think too many years of bleach has fried a few of my brain cells....

badgeaddict

Quote from: Daphne03 on January 01, 2006, 05:49:27 AM

firstly with ram make sure they are the same types of ram and manufactures like kingston pc3200 512mb and 2 ocz 256 pc2700 cant mix they all have to be the same e.g all ocz and all kingston.

secondly im guessing that u only have the standard heatstink on ur cpu and the powersupply fan in ur computer. if the cpu fan died ud know about it ur puter would become very unstable.
and if ur powersupply fan died it would restart ur computer.

and
Quote from: Daphne03 on January 01, 2006, 06:03:32 AM
Think too many years of bleach has fried a few of my brain cells....
dont blame the bleach blame the duff

Daphne03

I know there are atleast 2 fans in this mother.  One for the power supply which has been replaced in the last 6 months and I put it in all by myself. We put an extra fan in several years ago, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it's still there.  Knowing my husband....he removed it and installed it in his monster computer.

As for the ram....it's probably a mixture.  Whatever I could get to work.  I'll work on getting all the same brand.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview