Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

your a net junkie if..

Started by bubblegum,

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblegum

When work really ticks me off I'll step in my office for a few minutes and play pogo, I call it my "sanity" time..at home I have pogo running almost all the time, be it on auto, hand playing, whatever.. ;D Heres a handy guide to tell if your a pogo/net junkie and 12 steps to overcomeing it... ;D

You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop to check your    e-mail on the way back to bed.
You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.
You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
You spend the entire plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.
You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just    for the free Internet access.
You start using smilies in your snail mail.
Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours.  You start to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access number.   You try to hum to communicate with the modem...And you succeed.
You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word processor.com
You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.
Your cat has its own home page.
You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.
You check your mail. It says "no new messages."  So you check it again.
You tell the cab driver you live at "http://1000.edison.garden/house/brick.html."

12-Step Internet Recovery Program

1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Internet. 
2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing. 
3) I will get dressed before noon. 
4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet. 
5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived. 
6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Internet. 
7) I will read a book...if I still remember how. 
8) I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet. 
9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email. 
10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not. 
11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to deposit my paycheck because I was too busy on the Internet.
12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime...and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!

pogohatesme

LOL that kills me because it's a little after 11am here...I went to the laundry mat, came home, put comfy clothes back on and was eating a sandwich with one hand, catching up on the message boards with my other hand lol.......and I'm doing that only after sending my mom a text message on her cell phone becuase she didn't answer it when I called lol

janet

Got to have both broadband and dial up.  If one goes down you can always use the other so you will never be disconnected.v ;D

pogohatesme

lol i'm in that group too lol...i made my bf download the free version of netzero for me lol.....he laughs at me everytime pogo goes down cause I pace the house like a junkie looking for a fix lololol

bubblegum

I know what you mean  ;D if pogo goes down and I'm really frustrated with work, the kids, hubby..boy am I mad

HollyDazed

OMG, Janet.  I thought I was the only one keeping dial-up when I have cable - just in case!   ::)

underdog

I slowed down on Pogo and got addicted to this game. Playaholics......that's a good name for us.

http://www.playaholics.com/play/lightningpool/

bubblegum

janet

Quote from: HollyDazed on November 14, 2005, 06:16:31 PM
OMG, Janet.  I thought I was the only one keeping dial-up when I have cable - just in case!   ::)

Naahhh, we don't have a problem do we?   O0

Snarechick

QuoteYour hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours.  You start to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access number.   You try to hum to communicate with the modem...And you succeed.

Oh my, too funny! O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview