PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:21:26 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Thanksgiving plans and What your thankful for

Started by BoredNItaly,

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredNItaly

Well Mt THanksgiving plans is cooking a Huge SOuthern meal here in Italy and invited all SIngle military people that have no where else to go other than the ChowHall. ANd cooking a extra turkey and dressing to take to the military people that will have to work that day. I have about 40 people coming over including a few Italians that have never had a THanksgiving meal.
Im thankful for my family and my extended family here. And thankful for all my friendships with great people one of them will always make me smile everyday. And thankful me and my family are healthy and happy.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and hope there travels are safe and Eat so much you cant eat turkey for a YEAR! LOL

underdog

Wow!  Thanksgiving dinner in Italy.  Sounds pretty cool to me!  

jcatduck

nanners

Thankful for being healthy dispite have diabetes and on insulin. Family going to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. First time in several years our 3 daughter will be together for a holiday. Makes it special. O0

BoredNItaly

Quote from: nanners on November 17, 2005, 06:26:33 AM
Thankful for being healthy dispite have diabetes and on insulin. Family going to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. First time in several years our 3 daughter will be together for a holiday. Makes it special. O0

That it will be speacial.....I haven spent holidays with my family in 3 years since being here but will be changing next year. THis time of year I miss my family so much

nanners

I know its not the same , but you have 'family' here in Pogo. (((hugs)))

persistence

I am thankful for so much that I wont get started here...lol...then no one else would be able to post.But life deals us a hand of cards and we work with it (or get a pogo cheat).I miss my friends in other states and countries,but thank the good lord above that those friends entered my life...they have made a difference.To all my pogo friends and the people here....GOD BLESS AND ENJOY

pogohatesme

i'm thankful for my computer and my internet dsl service that never acts up and of course for pogo and pogocheats!!!  and I guess i'm pretty thankful for my family too.....most of the time anyway! :D

Madonna

I'll be eating a Turkey TV dinner and calling it a day. I am thankful that I can afford that!

bubblegum

gosh bored, you should come to my mother in laws house for turkey dinner.  She spends at least $500 bucks every thanksgiving, and about $650 every christmas for dinner to feed the 80 some people over.  Kids, grandkids, great grand kids, sisters, aunts, brothers...all family.  Its a running joke that every year when she invites you over to dinner, bring your own ziplock bags and empty tupperwear cuz she sends everyone home with leftovers.  Plus, if she doesn't think you've ate enough food, she stuffs you some more.  She thinks everyone is to skinny.  ;D

janet

Wow, cooking Thanksgiving in Italy must be quite an undertaking.  Cooking and shopping for groceries is a whole different story over there.  Wish you the very best and bless your heart for taking on that challenge.

persistence

WOW bubblegum...sounds like when I was married to a military guy and we would all get together and have dinner,there was always so much food and leftovers.If we had it at our house I made sure that everyone had to take home some leftovers.I would even buy the throw away containers for them to take with them if they didn't have any.It was always so much fun...I really miss that.  ENJOY

bubblegum

its always fun at those gatherings.  We always end up laughing so hard over the past years events :)

CindyLouWho

I love the Thanksgiving get togethers.  Every1 says I cook enough to feed the Marines, but every1 gets plenty to eat & also takes leftovers home plus I still have enough so I don't have to cook for couple days after that.  I say if any1 leaves here hungry, its there own fault.  lol  But we have fun, watch football, gossip, joke around, eat lots of course & just good ole fun. 

Here's wishing every1 here has a fun, safe, lots to eat & a very Happy Thanksgiving !  Also a very special thanks to the people that run this forum & Badgehelp!   :)  O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview