PlayBuddy
August 08, 2024, 03:54:06 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

RIP Eddie Guerrero

Started by pogohatesme,

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredNItaly

Blu

groomsy

yes i'd like to point out the 1919 blacksox too

lol

BoredNItaly

Blu

Exactly...like I said before, "There's been documented fixing on all levels of sports. Eight Men Out is just the hollywood favorite."

pogohatesme

TYTYTYTYTY so much Notquite and Blu.  I had to leave rather quickly this morning after posting my lenghty reply but had a sticky note by my comp to look up the definition of sport and post it on here.   Wether you like it or not, wrestling, as defined by any dictionary, is a sport!!!

pogohatesme

The WWE now has a special link on their website for anyone wanting to send condolcenes, memories, etc to Eddie's family. 

liebe_angel

Quote from: pogohatesme on November 14, 2005, 12:27:14 PM
TYTYTYTYTY so much Notquite and Blu. I had to leave rather quickly this morning after posting my lenghty reply but had a sticky note by my comp to look up the definition of sport and post it on here. Wether you like it or not, wrestling, as defined by any dictionary, is a sport!!!
exactly

knp

Eddie was a great wrestler, and he will be missed, but never forgotten by all of the wrestling fans.  R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero.

RC

You could take that definition of sport and apply it to anything, and make it seem like just about anything that involves some kind of activity should be considered a sport, and that's just not right. Why not take a look at another form of "wrestling".. let's try the definition of a sport to "arm wrestling".. is arm wrestling a physical activity, with a set of rules engaged in competitively? Well, there are rules to it, and there is a winner and a loser, that's competition.. so by this account I guess we should make arm wrestling a "sport" too... how about adding it to the Olympic games?

As for the other people who said the real sports have "fixing".. those were isolated cases, and it is against the rules of those sports in order to do the fixing, it is not part of the rules to fix every match in some form or another. Something that is fixed or planned out how it will end, every time out, whether it's a physical activity or not, whether people get injured or killed doing it or not, it still does not make it a sport.

Why do wrestling fans insist on calling it a sport? Why does it have to be a sport to them? You all know it's only entertainment that has been planned, so why can't you accept it as that and just call it what it really is? Why lump it in with real competitive sports like football, hockey, etc.? Just because guys get their heads bashed in it has to be a "sport"? It only brings down what a real sport is if you put this pro wrestling in the same category, cuz they are not operated in the same manner.. at least when I watch a hockey game or a football game, I know the team that wins was the better team that day (for the most part), at least the breaks went with them to win.. and not because some writer decided it that way before it even began.

I've made my points, there's no need to go on more with this. But it was never meant to be argumentative or anything, I was just questioning how this "game" or whatever ya wanna call it, of wrestling was perceived.

pogohatesme

Quote from: RC on November 14, 2005, 03:41:43 PM
I've made my points, there's no need to go on more with this. But it was never meant to be argumentative or anything, I was just questioning how this "game" or whatever ya wanna call it, of wrestling was perceived.

TY.  As I stated before I only made this post to let the people know that a great athlete and person had passed on.  I knew that a lot of people on here likes wrestling and knew of him.  If I had any kind of inkling that it would cause this great debate, I would have never started it.

pogohatesme

well now that we've beat that dead horse......maybe we can just use this post to post some of your fav stories, memories, or even pics of Eddie.  Once again lets please remember that he is the one we are truly here to mourn.

Roseybud333

OMG I watched the beginning of Raw and started to cry. . . . . He will be missed :'(

wwefan

I'm New to this but got this link from a google search on Eddie Guerrero, So I thought I would post my thoughts and alittle info I have picked up.

First: R.I.P. Eddie you will be greatly missed and the face of wrestling will be forever changed.

Second: WWE real, fake or otherwise is still a sport and entertainment.
Do those of you who babble on about wrestling being fake stop watching other TV show just because they to are scripted. Scripted or not WWE has one of the largest fan bases in the world. Alot of the injuries are real. Things go wrong people forget to duck or fall back at the right time. Chair shots do hurt and so do falls from 6, 8, and even 10 ft or more on to a table (that may or may not be precut to break) or a hard floor with only 1 to 2 inches of padding. Even if a wrestler does cut themselves with a razor blade it is still blood that they bleed and those cuts take time to heel. What you all seem to be missing here is the fact that real or fake a man that worked for a living and bleeds red blood just like you and me has died. Lets all try to put aside the fact that his was real or fake and remember that a super star (actor) has passed away at to young of and age.

Last: The Memphis (I know it is spelt wrong but close enough to get the picture) local paper's website (don't know how to do links or I would) Says that the medical examiner has done the autopsy and that Eddie had no drugs in his system at the time of death and that the unofficial cause of death is a heart attack due to an enlarged over stressed heart.

Eddie Guerrero 09-09-1967 to 11-13-2005 gone but never forgotten.

pogohatesme

For anyone that is angry, you can now go to http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/radio.html  to send any complaints about Colin Cowherd and his show and the comments he made about Eddie and other professional wrestlers being steriod users.  They have no disconnected their 800 customer service number due to the high number of complaint calls to it.

Taken straight from the Prowrestling.com web site: "Preliminary reports are that Eddie Guerrero's autopsy performed today came out inconclusive and further tests will be performed and a report should be out in several weeks."

pogohatesme

Also for anyone still interested, the WWe has now updated their site with tons of pics, videos, and testimonals from last night's Raw show.

pogohatesme

Ok.  It's now offical on Eddie's site and Prowrestling.com.  The autopsy results show massive heart failure and a history of heart disease.  Eddie's wife did say it was somewhat because of the long history of drug and alcohol abuse.  But nothing illegal or alcoholic was found in his system.

Steel Cheater

Ive been a wrestling fan my whole life, and i know its fake but im like alot of people, we watch wrestling for the enjoyment of it.  Eddie was one of the top stars in the business, and will truely be missed by fellow wrestlers and fans all over the world.  I was happy when he won the wwe title at wrestlemania, he deserved it.  I thought the memorial on monday night, was touching.  I thank god i went to see him when wwe came to my area.  He was very funny and entertaining.  God bless you Eddie, we will miss you.

pogofreak

Ok, I thought I was doing ok til I watched the Smackdown thing tonight.  I cannot believe it, it's still so hard to beileve it, and yet I know it's happened.  I really haven't cried this much since Andre the Giant died.  Heck, I still cry when ever I watch Princess Bride due to that fact.  Sue me, I'm a chick, I cry when things hit me hard.  :-[

I just read over this board and well, I appreciate all the points.  I have often called Wrestling my testosterone filled soap opera.  This is a loving term, trust me.  USUALLY I don't watch wrestling during football season only cause it's too much testosterone in a weekend (old thursday night wrestling, friday night HS football, sat college football, sun professional football, Monday night wrestling.).  Some reason last friday I just decided to catch up with my favorite "soap".  Man, I adored that man for his charisma and personality!  I actually got my parent's addicted to him as well, amazing enough. 

Now, I know it's pretty much all scripted.  We were there, we talked to the stars, hell I have numbers.  Maybe the ends are scripted, to me that's ok.  I still think they are awesome athletes, I mean there's no way the hits are fake.  Maybe the blood is but one only has to remember how Vinny Mac hit the mat wrong at RR this past year and blew his knee.  All I'm saying is that there has to be some sortof respect for the guys who do it ya know? 

So my memory of Eddie right?  Has to be him and Benoit after the Smackdown/RAW show this last January in Cali.  We had won a contest and got to meet alot of these guys/gals.  Both had a bad night for some reason so I wasn't gonna gawk too much.  I just had said man, I appreciate you, shook his hand and walked away.  Most meaningful moment in my  life. 

So that is my peace in this whole thing.  I don't believe that the scripts are real, but I believe the people are.  I and my family will seriously miss Eddie.  He made the ring special.  Viva La Raza!

bubblegum

any idea on the cause of death for eddie? or has the family said?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview