Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

McDonald's

Started by silvrcraze,

Previous topic - Next topic

jamez

just had wendys for dinner triple cheeseburger , biggy fries , large coke mmmmmmm

bubblegum

bobby

they shut down the wendy's by my house about 5 years ago, now it's another citgo :(

silvrcraze

Yeah one of those  :-[  We used to get a big box of Vienna Hotdogs to split up with all the transplants down here but we could never cook them as good.  

I'm waiting to see how long it takes someone from McDonald's to call me back.  I'm still trying to figure out who to call about that because that isn't right to have those tiles outside.  My upper leg muscle is killing me and my knee feels like it needs to pop but it hurts to much to try to pop it.

holly312

Quote from: silvrcraze on November 14, 2005, 05:03:24 PM

I'm waiting to see how long it takes someone from McDonald's to call me back.  I'm still trying to figure out who to call about that because that isn't right to have those tiles outside.  My upper leg muscle is killing me and my knee feels like it needs to pop but it hurts to much to try to pop it.

Silvercraze did you go inside and let them know you fell?? I would of just so they cant say you were making it up.. You should go get the leg checked out, just incase anything is wrong you will  have it on record with doctors that you had an injury, and how it happened. Just to protect yourself.

pogohatesme

I was just getting ready to ask if you went to ER or doc or something.  I agree with her.  You really should have it checked out hun just to make sure nothing is wrong.

silvrcraze

I had a friend with me and took names of the witnesses in the parking lot.  I don't have insurance or the money to pay a doctor $80 plus $50 for xrays and $$ for prescription.  I should go apply at Walmart.  Maybe they can help me file for government aid and healthcare when they hire me.  

I'm mostly mad because the employee standing within 5 feet up me didn't say a word to me and I'm mad at the idiot who had the idea to use those tiles.

holly312

I know huh who would use indoor tiles outside!! LOL thats crazy. Dont you have a public hospital you could go to? cause you can apply there for free health care. I dont know about where u are but here in mass you go to hospital wait for bill then on back they have a spot where u can apply for free health care if you cant afford the bill. Also when you do get the bill submit it to Mcdonalds if they refuse (which would be dumb on there part) hire a lawyer im sure you could find one easily. A public hospital CANNOT turn you down for care if you have no health insurance.

silvrcraze

The only option you get at the hospital is to already be on a government aid program or be an illegal immigrant.  The ER does offer a payment plan for the $350 they charge before X-rays.  Doctors' fees are due when the bill is due.  I know all this because I was in the ER seeing a specific doctor who left the building and was still charged for it.  No doctors here will provide any service without the money up front and there is a free clinic but because I was injured at an establishment they will not accept me.   When it comes to other programs "we make too much" but they don't factor in our bills and mortgage but at least my POGO was a "sorry I forgot your birthday" present from my dad!

Roseybud333

Quote from: silvrcraze on November 14, 2005, 04:43:42 PM
Quote from: Roseybud333 on November 14, 2005, 03:02:49 PM
I'm soooooooo homesick!! Where I live there is only McDonald's Booger King and Subway. I miss Wendy's something awful and there's nothing like a good Chicago Hot Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEAN and JUDES??????????????????  River Grove, Il, famous all around Chicago.  I miss that :(

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I used to live in River Grove when I was a teenager Looooooooooooove Jean and Judes You brought back alot of memories Thanks O0

Roseybud333

Quote from: silvrcraze on November 14, 2005, 04:52:17 PM
I will not eat any other kind of hotdog besides VIENNA!  I haven't had real food since I've been back home to Chicago.  Everything is seasoned with grease here in Alabama. 

We have a local Mexican restaurant that I love.  OH YEAH and even they don't put slippery when wet tile outside their entrance!

I agreee with ya up here they have never heard of vienna beef. . .. If I drive 45 minutes to Ashland, Wisconsin I can get a dog and fries for $3.50. I was like $3.50?????? are u nuts? They where like it gets shipped up here just for them so we are basically paying for the shipping but man is it worth it LOL
And there is no mexican restaurants here so I haven't had a good torta or burrito in almost 3 years :'(

holly312

Isnt that aweful you make to much for this you make too much for that unless your an illegal immigrant .. dont even get me started on that subject LOL. well call a lawyer and see what they say on what to do cause if there is something wrong with you you will not get anything if you dont go to a doctor and get your injuries on record, let me know how you make out wish there was some way i could help you.

silvrcraze

I grew up in Franklin Park just next door to River Grove.  I haven't been back in a couple years  :'(  Found some old friends on myspace and they want me to come visit but my southern man isn't all excited about going like I am.

About the illegals, don't get me started in that subject either.  It's already bad enough that wages aren't too good here and on top of that you have to compete with the illegals.  A local flag company, that makes AMERICAN FLAGS, hires a bunch of "immigrants" but I am more than sure that most of them are illegal. 

My legs are sore as all can be today.  The front muscle on my upper right leg is super sore and the back muscle on my upper left leg is sore.  My knee doesn't hurt as bad today so I'm sure I'm ok.  I just really mostly want a DARN apology for their idiotic employee not doing anything and I want the moron that decided to use those tiles fired!!!!  I'm still trying to find out who to contact locally about that. 

janet

Sorry, I didn't read all four pages so don't know if it is in here or not.  I would give OSHA a call and see what they have to say.  Remember them.  They are why there are warning's posted all over every ladder you buy. Go for it girl. Be sure and take your 23 year old butt to the doctor and get it checked.  Doctor will be a lot cheaper than a hospital and you need to get it documented. Those aches and pains can start several days later.  O0

Snarechick

Lol, I'll keep my mouth shut on the "illegal immigrants" seeing that I see the jobs that they "steal" and have even worked them myself.  You want to really point the finger?  Point it at the government who gives "legal" immigrants Social Security and Welfare (originally intended as transitional income between losing a job and finding new employment, not a constant income) when they step foot in our country even though they have not worked a day into the benefits they are given.  Or perhaps the everyday US citizens who abuse the system in place for those who truly need help.  :-X

As for your slip and fall at McDonalds- unless you went straight in and complained, went straight to the hospital and had it checked out, and then went back to McDonalds with the hospital bill....doing things a few days after the fact doesn't look great for yourself if you were to hire a lawyer and try to go after them for monetary damages and or pain and suffering.  However, you can file a grievance/complaint with the "home" office for McDonalds in your state about the safety issue present at the establishment you stopped in at as well as the employee(s) who made no effort to assist you.

It can be tricky trying to get something like that taken care of, especially when they are liable for your injuries and possibly your medical bills if you desire to pursue that route.  When people delay in their complaint, treatment, and follow up...individuals are less inclined to take it seriously.  Call a lawyer and get an opinion...it never hurts to ask.

These days, unless your arm falls off and you become maimed beyond recongition, you have a hard time getting people to owe up to their responsibilities.

I really hope you are feeling better after your mishap.  As stated, a hospital cannot deny you medical treatment in the case of an true emergency based on your financial situation and or lack of insurance.  In the case of your legs, as it doesn't sound as if it is an emergency by coding definitions (not to take anything away from your pain), I would get it checked out at a clinic.  

Check with your local Family Independence Agency if you haven't already.  Talk to them about your financial situation and the possibility of Medigap or Medicaid Insurance.  There are loophools in the system, but finding an individual who will go that extra mile to really help you out is hard.  With my mother having been layed off from General Motors, then getting into a car accident that left her paralyzed and in a wheelchair, my diagnosis of cancer that same year, and a 60% loss of income....we couldn't get ANY help because my mother's income was still too high.  Social Security Disability was hard to obtain, but we can thank those who abuse the system to their benefit when DISABLED individuals cannot get help or have one h*** of a time getting it.  My mother worked for the State of Michigan for 7 years, and General Motors for 24 years...but people who haven't worked a day in their life with a sore back get it instantly.  Three years we fought the system, almost lost our house of several occasions, and barely had money for medical necessities...it really is an injustice.  I feel your pain. :(

BoredNItaly

I hate McDonalds in the states refuse to eat there. Here in Italy only fast food is McDonalds and they are GREAT!!! None of the food is precooked. WHen you order they drop just a order of fries and cook your sandwich or whatever u order. You get everything HOT and ummm good only downfall the Italians hate Ice in there drinks you get everything ROOm temp. Everytime we go to the states for a visit when we get off the plane we start hunting the nearst TacoBell and Wendys OMG I miss there chicken sandwich  :'(   

Julie

McDonald's is gross, I haven't eaten that in years.  About the only fast food place I like these days is Subway and of course I love a good pizza now and again O0  I always found with McDonald's that unless the food was freshly cooked while I waited (which was hardly never) it went cold too quick, the fries would near enough be stone cold within 2 mins of receiving them.  It was worse if I was picking up the stuff on the way home because by the time I'd get home everything would be cold and I'd have to nuke it all in the microwave  ::)
Also is it true that McDonald's thickshakes and ice-cream are made out of pig fat??

BoredNItaly

Ewwwwwwww  PIG FAT? 
I use to LOVE Subway but thats the only place here on the 2 bases we have and after awhile you get very tired of it and the Italians that own and run it has RUINED the AMerican Sub  LOL

jamez

no mcdonalds shakes is not made out of pig fat i used to be a closing manager at a mcdonalds in southern california before moving out east

LordZeik

how come no-one has even mentioned Hardee's??? Their angus burgers are the best!!  It's good that you get what you pay for, because they are a lil expensive, but they are worth it!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview