Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

McDonald's

Started by silvrcraze,

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredNItaly

ummm goood Hardee's has a real good breakfeast!  ANd what about ARby's they have a WONDERFUL roastbeef sandwich and Back Yard Burgers has the best blackened chicken sandwich.Oh man cant wait to get back to the states in 4 months   

jamez

well hardees & carls jr same company carls jr is west of texas while hardees is east of texas hardees has good food  i also like arbys  but ill stick with wendys & taco bell  O0 but for best shakes its d.q :)

silvrcraze

I'm doing a lot better today so there really isn't anything seriously wrong with me.  I'm just irritated at their stupidity.  I filed a complaiint with McDonald's (still waiting to be contacted and if not today I'm calling their corporate location) that day but I didn't know to go back into the location I fell at immediately after so I messed up with that.  Heck, the one employee didn't do anything so how was I suppose to feel going in.  I was still recovering from my dignity being bruised. 

I think at this point I just really want a freakin apology. 

About the governement healthcare I cannot recieve it and for assisted coverage I don't make enough money to claim taxes (which if I really did all the paperwork I could get a lot of money from the government for my work but I don't want their money) to show them my W-2.  I found that pretty stupid because I (we) make too much for their other program but the program that I pay a percentage of wont take me because I can't show them the paperwork they want to see.  They also claim my fiance makes too much and they use him because I live with him and he is considered my provider.  They like his final number but don't include taxes, mortgage, utilities, his insurance health and dental (which is cheap for him but half his paycheck for me if we were married), car payment, car insurance, and gas.  I don't want anything from the government but would like affordable heathcare seeing that a majority of these companies do not offer insurance, do not offer affordable insurace, or keep their employees listed at part time so they don't insurance.  When I lived in Illinois I had great insurance for like $12 a month, had a great job, and great wages.  I moved here and it's like Walmart is the business idol and these companies follow their lead with wages and insurance.  Oh and let me add that since I was 15 I've been paying taxes until I moved here and I didn't make enough to pay taxes so I got all my taxes back.   

Snarechick

You are right- They don't take into consideration your personal debts and financial responsibilities.  They aren't liable to do so.  What they look at is your personal income and any alternate source of income in your home- be it a spouse, dependent, etc.  It's just incredibly frustrating trying to get the help you work for and pay into just to have a million and one petty reasons as to why you can't get the benefits you apply for.

My mother also has a work related injury and recieves Workers Compensation through General Motors.  She was injured back in '94 and that date determines the amount she recieves based on her income at that time.  It does not change at all- cost of living increases, dependent status, seniority/years of service make no difference over time.  When she was layed off in 2001 prior to her car accident, she would have cleared over 100k after taxes.  When she was working in '94 she cleared a little over 30k.  After the layoff the only source of income while waiting to be called back was her Work Comp- over a 50% pay cut.  Then the accident left her unable to work, and that was the only source of income for three years.  A mortgage, car payment, 60k in debt left to her after a divorce, and over 150k in medical bills excluding medical necessities- nearly four years later and we are still stuggling.

What's worse is those who have injuries dating back to the 80's or 70's.  Consider what their yearly income was back then and the the cost of living today, it is not enough to make due.

General Motors and the UAW have ratified the new health care initiative.  Before, the retirees contract when they retired was nearly set in stone...this will now cost them 750.00 a year for their medical.  Individuals on a limited income who couldn't vote on this, who's contract was not supposed to be changed in such a way, and now have to find 750.00 a year extra.  I know we can't do it, and I know my grandfather can't do it either.  The currently employees took a much lighter blow which does not make any sense. 

Health care rises and those of us with good insurance pay more to foot the bill for the uninsured- those who make no effort to pay back their debt.  Those that need the help and can't get it are labeled unfairly and handed nothing but red tape.  Those who have abused the system have ruined things for those who truly need it.

*End rant* ::) :P

I really hope things turn up for you, it's so frustrating these days.  I'm not sure why they are falling back on the fact that you don't make enough money to claim taxes- it's not your fault.  I don't know who you have for car insurance, but check with them as they often offer health insurance at a resonable price. 

*Hugs*  Just keep plugging away at any and all leads to improving your situation...no matter how much you want to slap the person handling your paperwork. :o

Snarechick

And speaking of Hardee's...ours used to serve Mooney's icecream (so good)...and now the shakes taste like frozen milk and wax. >:( 

Anyone grab a Halo Burger from time to time?

Taco Bell and McDonald's tastes better in Canada than it does here in the states.  I miss the Taco Bell fries.

Roseybud333

silvrcraze

So McDonald's hadn't contacted me for 2 and half weeks so I finally sent another e-mail in telling them the things I knew about McDonalds and especially about that McDonald's work practices with minors.  They go over the limit of hours they can workl.  My 17 year old cousin went in there for breakfast with my grandma and family just before my grandma was to go in for brain surgery.  The manager comes up to him and tells him he has to be back for work in 2 hours.  They had changed the schedule that day or the night before without telling him.  He told her he was out with his grandma before her surgery.  She told him he better come in or he's fired.  He didn't want to raise a fuss there because of my grandma's mental and emotional condition as it was.  He quit because there was not way in HECK was he going to miss what could be the last time he got to spend with her and it did turn out to be the last time and he'll never regret quiting so they can screw themselves.  I also mentioned that the employee who was standing there was black and that could be another reason why they haven't done anything.  This is a country town and there aren't many black people around so they're probably scared to do anything.  I also brought up another McDonald's that I went into and tried to use coupons that I had won from their Monopoly game and she wouldn't let me use them and when a black customer went to use his she let him use them.  To me no one should get special treatment, better service, or bad service because of their race but it still happens and just more races are involved on both sides.  I think being scared to do or not do something because of someone's race makes it worse. 

Anyways, I get a call today from some guy at the local McDonalds.  He said he needed my information to give to their insurance company in case I need to go see a doctor.  I was thinking, "HELLO it's been THREEE WEEKS now."  I didn't say anything because I want to leave everything open.  I didn't want him to having anything to add to the insurance company.  I gave him my information and he said the insurance company will be calling me.  Then he tells me he was sorry about the length of time but he did call and left a message for me with a young lady.  I told him that I'm the only lady in this house period. Too bad I couldn't make him explain how he must have dialed the wrong number and oddly enough someone with my name lived there too and so he left a message for her.  Then he was trying to end the conversation and I asked about them employee that was right there and he said he didn't get that part of the message sent to him.  Who knows?  He asked me to describe him and I did and he said that if that's who he thinks it is that person is no longer with them.  They could've gotten the message and fired him for it and then hoped it would blow over.  Who knows because it's just so odd that he dialed the wrong number, didn't get all the of the email I sent, and the employee is no longer there.  Are they just stupid or liars?

So now here's the thing.  I don't know what to do.  I don't know if they were going to see if I want to go to a doctor or try and get me to shut up.  My knee has been stiff on and off and my ankle has been acting up (which I didn't think I hurt it but it starts hurting out of the blue).  Also, I've had more back pain than usual but I can't say for sure because I had a week of it hurting anyways.  If anyone knows what I should do please let me know.

Iceman007

Sorry to hear what happened to you.Personally I would take pictures of the walkway where you fell.On a rainy day and dry days.See if they put out a wet floor sign,but I would go see your doctor.Hope you feel better.

silvrcraze

Their interior tiles have texture and have to have a wet floor sign.  I want to go see a doctor to make sure everything is ok but I don't want to seem like a fool to go in there 3 or more weeks later and nothing be wrong with me.  I don't know how to go about it if and when their insurance company calls me. 

Homer

I'm no lawyer but I would think the longer you wait to see a doctor the harder it will be for you to prove any injuries etc.

I would suggest seeking legal counsel for advice.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

silvrcraze

Yeah but I couldn't really afford to see a doctor and have the x-rays and all that and they require the money then and there.  I know when I went to the free clinic here for my hand they said I needed to get an x-ray and that alone was $75 up front.  The free clinic wouldn't see this case because I was injured at an establishment.  I do not qualify for the medical clinic that charges based on wages.  I also didn't think they would wait this long to contact me.  I figured they would be concerned about a lawsuit. 

bubblegum

I happy (but peeved) with McDonald's right now..all I ordered was a chocolate shake and a big mac this morning.  They gave me a large chocolate shake (I ordered a small) and and about 20 bucks worth of burgers.  I tried to tell the gal all I ordered was a big mac and the cashier said no you didn't now take your food and get out of my window.  So I took the food, parked to see exactly what they gave me.  Sure enough, 20 bucks worth of assorted burgers.  I guess I got the wrong order because the car behind me sat at the window with the same cashier I just dealt with for what seemed like the longest time and looked like the guy was auguring with her.  So I guess I got the wrong order but she was rude to me and told me to take it anyway, so no complaints here on my end.

silvrcraze

Yeah you got more than you ordered and more than you paid but I'm sure if you would have been that car behind you that really ordered it you would have been fuming.  That was really rude of her but right now I wouldn't expect much from any McDonalds period.  This McDonald's will give you completely different items than you ordered and it's not really someone else's order. 

Homer

Quote from: silvrcraze on December 03, 2005, 12:42:44 PM
Yeah but I couldn't really afford to see a doctor and have the x-rays and all that and they require the money then and there.  I know when I went to the free clinic here for my hand they said I needed to get an x-ray and that alone was $75 up front.  The free clinic wouldn't see this case because I was injured at an establishment.  I do not qualify for the medical clinic that charges based on wages.  I also didn't think they would wait this long to contact me.  I figured they would be concerned about a lawsuit. 

They won't be concerned with a lawsuit because the longer you wait the harder it will be for you to prove your case. Waiting actually works in their favor. The first thing their lawyer will say is why didn't you seek medical treatment immediately. I understand your situation and hope this doesn't sound like I'm trying to criticize you. I'm just trying to pass along a little friendly advice. O0

bubblegum

if I was the person behind me, yes I would have been fuming to.  But I've never cared much for McDonald's.  And not to be rude or racist here, but the McDonald's in my town, and a bunch of others have hired a whole bunch of Mexicans that have no English skills what so ever.  In my thoughts, if your working in fast food, I would not hire anyone that could not speak fluent English.  I really don't care what other languages you speak, and you can speak what ever language makes you happy, but I feel you should have a good understanding of English to work anywhere here in the US.  It frustrates me so much trying to place or order or purchase anything in a store when the cashier barely understands English.

silvrcraze

Yeah I completely understand that Homer.  But my wages and insurance (don't have any) is just as good as what they offer their employees.  I guess I will just have to wait and see what the insurance company says when or I really mean IF they call. 

Homer

foxx

Hey Silvr....

I am really lazy today and didn't feel like reading the entire thread to find out if this had been suggested....

If a hospital is entirely county or state funded, they have to treat you whether you have insurance or not.  I don't know where you live, but you might have to drive to a "city" to find that hospital.  For example, in Pittsburgh, 98% of the hospitals are funded by the University of Pittsburgh and can refuse anyone...but Allegheny General Hospital is State/County funded and must treat anyone who seeks treatment regardless of income, insurance, race, sex, whatever.  You may have to wait in the waiting room for a few hours, but at least you will get to be seen by a doctor. 

Good Luck...and also, I agree with Homer; Find an attorney.  Those ambulance-chasing-slip-and-fall guys are everywhere and should at least give you a free consult.

galaxy2010

I had some french fries and dumped them out and found a fly in them. >:(this is not a joke!

silvrcraze

Emergency rooms aren't suppose to deny anyone but that's only if it's a real emergency.  The hospitals we have I don't believe are county hospitals.  I know the one isn't and I'm sure the other one really isn't because it's just the same.  If I would have gone to the ER and McDonald's refused to pay it I would have had at least an $800 bill from them.  It totals to almost $400 to see a doc for 5 minutes and no x-rays and then at least $80 for medicine at the pharmacy.  Oh yeah and they don't work with you if you're not on goverment aid or if you're NOT illegal. 

I really did believe they would have contacted me sooner than they did so things could have been worked out.  Even if I am stuck I will just raise a lot of HECK and I do it well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview