PlayBuddy
August 11, 2024, 05:24:31 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Whos getting a 360 tomorrow?

Started by Cody,

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

Who is going to buy a xbox 360 tomorrow?  Im not but I'm getting one for christmas so thats all good.

Lish

Hell no- I would never pay that much, let alone buy Microsoft's first release of something.  It's bound to have issues, plus I am sure someone will get one due to all the hype and won't be impressed, then sell it on ebay O0  I want a revelotion!

pogohatesme

I'm with Homer on this one....a true fan of Sony and nothing will ever change that!

*Angel*

bobby

*Angel*

Thanks.  I wasn't expecting it for Christmas.  Does anyone know anything about the PSP's?  Thinking of getting one for my son.

Lish

Quote from: *~Angel~* on November 21, 2005, 10:08:19 PM
Thanks.  I wasn't expecting it for Christmas.  Does anyone know anything about the PSP's?  Thinking of getting one for my son.
I personally think the hype is ridculous and that they are not needed {ie do you really need to play your video game while taking a crap or on the bus?}.  I guess I could see if you traveled a lot or something but IMO the money is much better spent on a home console and some games.  That said, some people really like em. O0

SANATA

going to wait and see if the 360 anygood before wasteing $$$$ on it  O0 O0

*Angel*

Well yes he does need something to entertain him while we are in the car.  His grandma lives an hour away, and he is impatient in the car.  He has a PS2, and a Video Now.  He is only 6 years old, but he has autism and requires something to keep him occupied so I don't have to straightjacket him to the seat of the car.  :(

persistence

To be honest...I think those game boxes and ps3 and all that other stuff is a bunch of garbage....the kids nowadays need structure and teaching...that doesn't mean sticking them in front of the TV or with a box they play games on...if you gonna  give them a box to play games on make sure they are learning games not violence games.I know that a lot of you will have something to say about what I just said....but that is the way i feel. If they have a learning disability that can be a different story...but for the kids that don't have a disability it should be learning games...    ENJOY

*Angel*

Well of course I have something to say.  LOL  I don't use the video games, or the tv as a babysitter.  Yes, I know that many people do but I am not one of them.

V-Smile by V-Tech is for small children and actually it teaches them a lot.  Letters, numbers, reading, math.  I feel this is the best educational game system, but it is only for small children.  It has taught my son a lot.  I want a PSP so he can watch Sesame Street, etc while we are in the car.  He has to do something while we are driving and I prefer it to be learning and being calm instead of getting me pulled over for jumping up and down, or breaking my car windows.

Cody

Quote from: persistence on November 21, 2005, 10:23:19 PM
To be honest...I think those game boxes and ps3 and all that other stuff is a bunch of garbage....the kids nowadays need structure and teaching...that doesn't mean sticking them in front of the TV or with a box they play games on...if you gonna  give them a box to play games on make sure they are learning games not violence games.I know that a lot of you will have something to say about what I just said....but that is the way i feel. If they have a learning disability that can be a different story...but for the kids that don't have a disability it should be learning games...    ENJOY

one word: entertainment video games are a form of entertainment for people, therefore people dont want to learn playing them and believe it or not they do teach some skills, hand eye coordination, reflex timing, and the strategy games work your thinking skills, but you pretty much contradicted yourself there because you play video games, pogo is a gaming site and they arent educational.

*Angel*

Good point, Cody.  Pogo is not educational, and yet we are all here.   O0

persistence

Just what I was saying Angel. But doesn't those games just go up to a certain grade level? I don't know how old you are but I have  a 30 year class reunion next year(yikes) and when I was growing up we didn't have those things and I think we were all the better for it....OH GEEZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE...now someone is gonna say something about THAT...lol   ENJOY   UT OH...Well cody...pogo IS educational...You can learn how to spell and count.   ENJOY

*Angel*

Yes, I do believe the games only go up to a certain grade level.  I am only 26, and my son is 6.  I had video games when I was little so I am not going to deprive my son.  There is a limit to everything and parents need to enforce that.  I wouldn't want my 6 year old playing a violent game, but when he is older I don't see a problem with that. 

Cody

and you cant learn how to count spell in other games? maybe its just the age barrier between us im 16 and your what.. 40-50? thats probobly why we argue as much as we do persistance.

persistence

It is not an argument cody...I was just stating my opinion.....and with you being only 16...shouldn't you be in the bed getting your rest instead of on the puter?????    lol    ENJOY    by the way I'm 47

Cody

umm I'm out of school all this week so I can be up as late as I want.

persistence

OH thats right Thanksgiving break....ummmmm ok you are forgiven...lol   I'm sorry if you think I am being arguementive with you I'm not...Like I said I was just stating my opinion...I do realize that not everyone will agree with what I said...that is why I made the statement I did about other people having something to say about what I said......But I will defend the right to express my opinion till the day I die.    ENJOY

PogoCrazyMomma

I for one will not be. We are avid sony players (and also nintendo as the kids all have gameboys)  I am looking forward to playstation 3 in the spring.  But my kids are now asking for gameboy micros or PSP's.  They are not getting them right now, too expensive I have enough too spend on computer, and  PS2 games this year without adding new consoles and games.  Geez when we got the gameboy's they were 100 a piece.  And you can't just get for one child.  But they are great on long car rides.  But I have to say that video games aren't garbage when you don't let them rule in the kids playtime as long as they are used minimally, and the kids still read daily and have outdoor play it's fine.  It's the ones that veg out all day at  video games that are a problem.  ;D  LOL LOL LOL  ;D I should talk I spend hours upon hours playing pogo!!!!!!!!!  And you can't expect to pound them with learning games all the time, my son is very very smart and reads very well for his young age(and loves to read books with me daily)  because of learning computer games and there are many for the elemantary school aged children up to fifth grade i believe. But most video game systems really only have learning games for the young children like preschool and letter and number games as far as I know.  But if that was all I let him play he probably wouldn't care for it much so he is also allowed to play the  fun games too. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview