Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Just a question

Started by DEANY,

Previous topic - Next topic

DEANY

When you have to reinstall windows(xp home in my case) do you lose all you personal files? and if you do what are some ways to back them up before hand? btw my burner is not working.

*Angel*

I do believe that when you have to do a system restore you will lose all your files.  The only way I can think of to save your files if your burner is not working is by floppy disk, or maybe one of those Zip drives that you can put on your keys.  They plug into the USB port and are quite inexpensive now.  Hope this helps somehow.

janet

Windows XP Home has an automatic system re-install built in.  It will either re-install automatically or ask you to chose a date that was your last correctly working date if it goes into safe mode.  This has happened to me on more than one ocassion and I have never lost any files.  I think if you go into my computer by right clicking there is a tab in there somewhere that should show the automatic backup for your system.  This should be checked.  One thing that I will never do is upgrade to SP2, that crashed my computer twice.

janet

Burner = Windows XP Home does not have a burn function in it.  I don't even know if you can purchase a download for it.  You can read, but you cannot write.   :(

*Angel*

I have Windows XP and I can burn files to a CD.  I don't know how but it works. 

caroline196

system restore you wont lose any files
smart restore you will lose ALL files and resets the computer back to how it left the factory when made O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview