Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

PogoCheats and BadgeHelp Staff

Started by Country Lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Lady

I would like to say "Thank You" for getting rid of a few people.  I like this site and find it very easy to maneuver around in.   I can read the post with out squinting too.
I like the autos here and Joshua does great work.
I did dislike some of the past snippy remarks and the off topic posting that was going on.  I come here to look for help and hints.  I have been a computer user longer than some of these people have been out of diapers.  It really bothered me how newbies were treated some of the time.  I remember back when I first started using the computer and the questions that I asked.  I wasn't stupid, just new.  People tend to forget that I think,
I have scanned a few forums on other sites.  The bickering and nastiness is still going on.  The personal graphics are not in the best of taste on one of them.

I wanted to tell you all, Thank You very much for all that you do for us.
Country Lady

Mayhem

Your welcome and thank you for your kind words!

We try our best to keep the nastiness down to a dull roar. We really appreciate all the help from the members on the forum (reporting offensive posts, etc). Although we may not catch everyone right away, we do our best to deal with the situations as they arise.

QuoteI have scanned a few forums on other sites.  The bickering and nastiness is still going on.

I have seen what you're refering too. We're not concerned about it. I guess that's to be expected when your website gets over 10 million hits a month. Although we do try, we can't please everyone.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

CindyLouWho

Very well said Country Lady!  I was a lurker here for a very long time before I finally posted my 1st post.  Was afraid I'd get a snippy reply then I'd get po"ed, say my mind, then not come here again.  But I enjoyed lot of the posts, some of the people & got so many good tips.  Everyone is new at 1 time or another & have to learn somehow.   As for Joshua's auto's, I love em.  Love this place too, that I come here & check for new posts whenever I get a chance.  lol    Keep up the fantastic work that you guys all do here!!   :D

BoredNItaly

Quote from: Country Lady on November 28, 2005, 10:34:47 PM
I would like to say "Thank You" for getting rid of a few people. I like this site and find it very easy to maneuver around in. I can read the post with out squinting too.
I did dislike some of the past snippy remarks and the off topic posting that was going on. I come here to look for help and hints. I have been a computer user longer than some of these people have been out of diapers. It really bothered me how newbies were treated some of the time. I remember back when I first started using the computer and the questions that I asked. I wasn't stupid, just new. People tend to forget that I think,
I have scanned a few forums on other sites. The bickering and nastiness is still going on. The personal graphics are not in the best of taste on one of them.

Country Lady

Very Well Said!!!!!! Im not a big poster either because the times I have a few people were abit nasty or just rude and I have noticed on other sites those same people are still that way when I post a certain someone I wont say and I havent returned back there. If I do I just read never post. I love it here and come to the site 100 times a day  LOL Im addicted.
Wonderful job to everyone that runs this site.

*~Peri~*

I must agree. I like the site better now without the snobby people too. I have to say my favorite person is Mayhem  ::) O0

Scarlette

Quote from: Country Lady on November 28, 2005, 10:34:47 PM
I would like to say "Thank You" for getting rid of a few people. I like this site and find it very easy to maneuver around in. I can read the post with out squinting too.
I did dislike some of the past snippy remarks and the off topic posting that was going on. I come here to look for help and hints. I have been a computer user longer than some of these people have been out of diapers. It really bothered me how newbies were treated some of the time. I remember back when I first started using the computer and the questions that I asked. I wasn't stupid, just new. People tend to forget that I think,
I have scanned a few forums on other sites. The bickering and nastiness is still going on. The personal graphics are not in the best of taste on one of them.

Country Lady

You took the words right out of my mouth Country Lady and "Very Well Said".  I did not speak up in the forum for fear that I would be put down for something I might have said also.  I am happy with the forum now and we all try to keep the peace in here.  I think the whole staff is great and does a super job with everything.  "Thanks" to the staff for being there for us 24/7............ O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

shasta

I have to agree. It seems much more peaceful now. Before I would sit back and read and not post unless I just had to. Now it is so welcoming. Thank you to the Administrators for keeping this site clean and fun. I love coming here and posting now instead of being a observer. >:D O0

PogoCrazyMomma

I also was a luker for a long time before posting.  But I have found nothing but nice people here.  I post/read on other types of bulletin boards and boy people on the internet (and some in pogo chat) can sure be nasty and make you feel not welcome but luckily here I haven't seen any of that at all. I definetely feel welcome here!!!!  I personally never saw any nasty posters like that here before,  all I have seen is a bunch of awesome people!!!  ;D LOL 

BadgeHelpOscar

No question or post is too dumb. If it's off limits, we'll just delete it. There are a lot of great people here that will help you with just about everything you can think of so don't hesitate to ask!
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care... visit Pogo Fans

sami14

I totally agree with this. i lurk more than post b/c there used to be so much "snarkiness" here. now this place feels a lot more comfortable.

ecksphore

QuoteI totally agree with this. i lurk more than post b/c there used to be so much "snarkiness" here. now this place feels a lot more comfortable.

I used to lurk too.  Since they got rid of Dumb and Dumber, this place is so much better now!  O0

MiraStarr

Ha Ha.  That's funny.

But let's not speak ill of the "dead".  Let's try just appreciate how nice it is now without too much reference to people or experiences from the past. 

Let's just move on and plan for a great future with no snarkiness or snobs.  Let's continue to make this a comfortable place for all of the other people who may need some questions answered. 

;)

RowdyOne

Very well put Starr. As the old song goes, Let's ease on down, ease on down the road.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview