Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cell Phones-Motorola V551

Started by *Angel*,

Previous topic - Next topic

*Angel*

I am thinking of getting a new cell phone and I am considering the Motorola V551. Has anyone had any experience with this model positive or negative?  Thanks in advance!  ;)

*~Peri~*

No, I havent. What carrier do you have? I have Nextel. I am familiar with a few of their phones.

*Angel*

I have Cingular and I hate it.  I have a Motorola V220 and I think it's dying.  Was considering a Blackberry but the bill will be too high.  A Razor but they are still too expensive, so maybe I may get the one I mentioned.  I seem to like Motorola.

cranky

don't get the razor it tooo thin it's not worth it like holding a piece of paper god for bid u to drop which will happen no matter how hard u keep ur eye on it
lol

cranky

silvrcraze

I recently got a plan with Nextel through an individual store.  Got the i560 phone and within 5 days of having it my keypad started acting up.  It would just stop working.  The only button on the entire phone that would work was the on/off button.  I would have to turn the phone off and then on again for it to work.  It took me 5 hours of dealing with these people, 1 and half in stores and the rest on the phone and $30 in gas to get the situation taken care of.  They didn't have a clue what to do until I told them I want to cancel my service if I can't get my phone replaced under the warranty.  I had my house number ported into my cell phone and the home phone shut off.  The last stop I made was back to the original store, who had originally told me to go to another store (that actually had nothing to do with ANYTHING), and she told me she could overnight my old phone but it would take two weeks to get my phone back and I would risk losing the number I just had ported plus I would be without any phone service for 2 weeks.  I got back on the phone with customer care and finally got someone who knew what they were doing.  She sent me a new one and then they weren't going to activate it because I had to use the old one to call them to activate it.  I told them I wasn't going to stand at a payphone in the cold rain.  Finally someone helped with that.  Then they weren't going to credit me for the downloads I had purchased even though I can't use them anymore.  I was like, "That's it you people are trying to screw me enough.  You sold me a defective phone and gave me HECK getting it replaced and now you want free money too? CANCEL me PLUS the other 2 plans on this account.  Once again the cancelation department is the only helpful knowledgable department in that place.  So in total I have dealt with them for about 8 hours (in 2 days) for stuff that in the end was taken care of in less than 30 minutes.  

So I wouldn't recommend Nextel unless you don't think you will ever have to deal with their customer service.  If you purchase anything from them do it at mall or a main store because they can assist you right there and have techs available.  DO NOT GO TO AN INDIVUAL AGENT OR BUY FROM A STORE THAT MUST HAVE THE PHONES SHIPPED TO THEM AFTER THE ORDER IS PLACED.

*Angel*

Quote from: cranky on December 01, 2005, 05:48:57 AM
don't get the razor it tooo thin it's not worth it like holding a piece of paper god for bid u to drop which will happen no matter how hard u keep ur eye on it
lol

cranky

DO you know me?    ??? Thought you might cause I will drop it within the first 5 minutes of having it.  SO clumsy!  LOL

BigByrd

You know, ppl complain about Cingular, but actually I've gotton pretty good service from them.  I've had my bill reduced by half when I bought a new phone and it would work in Memphis, TN.  It worked slightly better in Baton Rouge, but consistly dropped calls.  The network problem was cleared up, when Katrina wiped out the grid.

I have a Motorola V180, and I've replaced it five times, and Cingular always switched it out, whether they knew if it was broken or not.  When you buy a new phone with Cingular, you have 30 days to switch it out, and you can trade it out in the store within that 30 day with no questions asked.  In the end, it wasn't the phone, but the network.  I really don't care for Motorola products, I got this phone cause it's a flip phone, but if I have to buy another one, it will be a Nokia.

I like the rollover mintues, and the fact that if I need to I'm not locked into an agreement, that I can up my minutes or lower them.  I also like the fact that you can make a phone in just about any part of the country, and that you won't find many dead areas.

I've heard horror stories about many of the cell phone companies, so I guess they are much the same.

*Angel*

Thank you very much for the information regarding Nextel.  I have always wanted it for the Walkie-Talkie features but have been with Cingular because of a family plan.  So I am stuck with them.  Thanks again.  I do hope your situation is resolved now.  :)

Quote from: silvrcraze on December 01, 2005, 05:49:36 AM
I recently got a plan with Nextel through an individual store.  Got the i560 phone and within 5 days of having it my keypad started acting up.  It would just stop working.  The only button on the entire phone that would work was the on/off button.  I would have to turn the phone off and then on again for it to work.  It took me 5 hours of dealing with these people, 1 and half in stores and the rest on the phone and $30 in gas to get the situation taken care of.  They didn't have a clue what to do until I told them I want to cancel my service if I can't get my phone replaced under the warranty.  I had my house number ported into my cell phone and the home phone shut off.  The last stop I made was back to the original store, who had originally told me to go to another store (that actually had nothing to do with ANYTHING), and she told me she could overnight my old phone but it would take two weeks to get my phone back and I would risk losing the number I just had ported plus I would be without any phone service for 2 weeks.  I got back on the phone with customer care and finally got someone who knew what they were doing.  She sent me a new one and then they weren't going to activate it because I had to use the old one to call them to activate it.  I told them I wasn't going to stand at a payphone in the cold rain.  Finally someone helped with that.  Then they weren't going to credit me for the downloads I had purchased even though I can't use them anymore.  I was like, "That's it you people are trying to screw me enough.  You sold me a defective phone and gave me HECK getting it replaced and now you want free money too? CANCEL me PLUS the other 2 plans on this account.  Once again the cancelation department is the only helpful knowledgable department in that place.  So in total I have dealt with them for about 8 hours (in 2 days) for stuff that in the end was taken care of in less than 30 minutes.  

So I wouldn't recommend Nextel unless you don't think you will ever have to deal with their customer service.  If you purchase anything from them do it at mall or a main store because they can assist you right there and have techs available.  DO NOT GO TO AN INDIVUAL AGENT OR BUY FROM A STORE THAT MUST HAVE THE PHONES SHIPPED TO THEM AFTER THE ORDER IS PLACED.

*Angel*

I do believe that all the cell phone companies have some type of issue.  My only problem with Cingular is dropped calls.  This is the 3rd new phone I am getting in about 6 months.  I am clumsy!  lol  And the fact that I like to change often.

I started with an LG which couldn't get service.  They upgraded for me for a small fee to a Motorola V220.  Now that I have broke my phone or did something to it they are giving me a reduced price on a new one.  I can't really complain too much.  I have also been told by customer care that they are working on getting the Push to Talk or Walkie Talkie feature that Nextel and Verizon have. 

Quote from: BigByrd on December 01, 2005, 06:40:18 AM
You know, ppl complain about Cingular, but actually I've gotton pretty good service from them.  I've had my bill reduced by half when I bought a new phone and it would work in Memphis, TN.  It worked slightly better in Baton Rouge, but consistly dropped calls.  The network problem was cleared up, when Katrina wiped out the grid.

I have a Motorola V180, and I've replaced it five times, and Cingular always switched it out, whether they knew if it was broken or not.  When you buy a new phone with Cingular, you have 30 days to switch it out, and you can trade it out in the store within that 30 day with no questions asked.  In the end, it wasn't the phone, but the network.  I really don't care for Motorola products, I got this phone cause it's a flip phone, but if I have to buy another one, it will be a Nokia.

I like the rollover mintues, and the fact that if I need to I'm not locked into an agreement, that I can up my minutes or lower them.  I also like the fact that you can make a phone in just about any part of the country, and that you won't find many dead areas.

I've heard horror stories about many of the cell phone companies, so I guess they are much the same.

BigByrd

Yep I went through four phones in about five months, and refused to get another one, when I decided it wasn't the phone but the network.  Couldn't use it much after Katrina, cause they lost so many cell phone towers, but once the towers were back my problem was gone.  It would drop a call on every phone call before Katrina.  Now it hardly ever does.  I have almost 6000 rollover minutes cause I couldn't talk on the dang phone.  LOL!!!!

cranky

big bird ur in memphis my hubby is moving there next summer to expand his business

angel the first day i got my new cell the baby put her teeth print all over it lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview