PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 09:28:22 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Wal-mart problems

Started by Madonna,

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

Well to be honest, I think that the bags are partially your responsibibly, you should always check to make sure that you have all your bags before you leave, when I worked at Kroger at one point, at least 5 people left there things on my FIRST day of work and I told my manager and they said that since you didnt have a bagger, then its their fault because they could have gotten them if they needed it and they didnt have the money, because if they didnt, they would of paid closer attention to the things they paid for..

im not saying anything against you, im just making a statement about personal experiances.

Madonna

Wal-Mart is entirely different than Kroger. It is in the cashiers job description to make sure that their area is clear after EVERY customer. Grant it, when it gets busy, it's hard to watch your area. And yes, it is partially the customers fault...but...it is still the cashiers responsibility to log what was left at their register. I was a former manager of Wal-Mart, and when a customer left the bag, there was never a problem retrieving it for them or letting them replace their missing items. Now, CSM's want to make a frigging pageant about it. Saying all of this, I now shop at Target to keep myself from smacking the taste out of somebody's smart mouth at Wal-Mart. I hope they get sued daily and the employees wise up and go on strike. Maybe they will change their greedy little attitudes.

silvrcraze

Yeah,  when I worked for another store like Walmart if someone left something behind we put it under the register and kept it there until the end of our shift in case they came back.  If they didn't we had to take the items along with our register tray to the back to be put away.  Never did it get restocked or handed to another customers.  We also had to make sure that no bags were left in the bag holders before we rang up another customer.  You don't want a customer to not get what they paid for nor do you want another customer to get something they didn't pay for then raise a fit because they think they were charged for something they didn't want. 

I was at Walmart the other day trying to cash a money order from Illniois from my family.  I saw a sign saying they cashed money orders so I was going to try to get it cashed.  I waited in line for 20 minutes (they're in no rush and don't know what they're doing).  I was behind two Mexicans cashing their work checks.  The Mexicans start getting help finally, they were the only two customers in front of me" and the chick just glanced at their IDs.  I could even tell that the picture on the IDs wasn't them and it was really odd how they had the same name.  That's a common problem here is companies hiring illegals all with the same name and social security number.  Cinram, a DVD packaging company, had like 20 people with the same name and ss# working for them in an 8 month period and like half of them were still working there and like 8 of them had been working there for over 8 months and they didn't notice...........  Those numbers might not be exact but they are close.  So this guy opens another register and starts to help me.  I tell him "I have this money order" and hand it to him.  He looks at it, then gets the chick to look at it, they look at it together, they contiplate it  (I guess).  YHe looks at me like I'm a criminal and then he tells me with an attitude "we only cash these money orders" and points to sign that didn't tell me what money orders.  It's one thing to tell me "sorry we can't cash these kinds of money orders" but to stare at it for 5 minutes and then give me an attitude all the while they're cashing these illegals' checks is wrong.  It really made me feel like dirt.  So I told him "that's why I shop at Target" refering to his rudeness to me.  Then I flipped him off and pointed at the Mexicans and said loudly, "HAVE FUN SUPPORTING THESE ILLEGALS."  Its scared a lot of people in that store because it's where most of the illegals shop and cash checks.  The two at the register looked like they were getting ready to run.  After making my scene I walked out casually.  I'm waiting for them to post my picture on the news stating that I was trying to cash a bad check.  Down here they put pictures and tapes on the news of the latest wanted criminals.  I got it cashed and got copies to use just in case.  They didn't have to treat me like a criminal.

bubblegum

I'm not surprised that happened to you.  I'm sorry it did, but am not surprised.  Walmart will cash just about any kind of work check regardless.  They are not to bright.  As much as I love walmart, I hate them just as much.  There have been many a time in my life where walmart was the only thing I could afford.  I have a huge love/hate thing with them.  Now that a target store is opening up a couple miles from where I live, walmart and target will be the same distance from me give or take a mile or so.  So when target opens up, bye bye walmart.

bobby

and target doesn't have crap laying on the floor everywhere

bubblegum

very true about target.  Whats eveyones thoughts on Kmart?  Every kmart I've been in has been, well, rather dirty looking.  Esp the restrooms.

silvrcraze

Our K-mart looks trashy.  It's been on the verge of being shut down for a long time.  They put these big sale signs ALL OVER outside and along the roads and when you get in there it's very few selected items for that price.  They jack up their jewelry prices and then mark them 70% off all year and you can go just about anywhere and still get the jewelry cheaper.  I hate our Kmart and have shopped there maybe 5 times in the 4 years I've lived here but have gone in when I saw their bogus sale signs a couple times until I learned not to fall for their joke again.  When I lived in Illinois our Kmart was much better but that was before they started shutting stores down. 

bubblegum

I stopped shopping at kmart a long time ago because they all looked so trashy inside and outside.  The one by where I live, I went 2 years without going in.  Then this morning I went in just to see if anythings changed, and nope.  Its still dirty and trashy looking and everything seemed overpriced to me.

silvrcraze

They are definately over priced because they have Martha Stewarts name on half the junk.

bubblegum

martha stewart-yuck she can stuff it where the sun don't shine.  I refuse to buy any of her junk.  Its stuff I can get/find anywhere else less than what kmart is asking.

silvrcraze

Target has some guy's name on a bunch of their stuff.  That makes the price of the dustpan to be like $10.

Madonna

At least with Target...you can walk down the aisles without tripping on some crap that's been thrown on the floor. At Wal-Mart, their employees will let you trip over junk and just look at you, like it's your fault. And don't even get me started with the pallets, buggies, and "section rope off's due to waxing" scenarios that I have encountered. I had to go in one night and get some medicine...i was so sick i could barely walk. The aisles between the shampoo and the garden center was roped off. They had the audacity to tell me i couldn't go get some frigging flu medicine. Me, in my polite Christian voice, said "like hell I can't!  "F" you and your dam rope." Needless to say I got my medicine and complained to the managers...totaling 2 CSM's and an Assistant...making sure to snot and cough on them frequently. This was when the "illegal aliens" were the moppers and waxers. They no longer work there, and I think I caused a flu epidemic in wal-mart that year >:D. Screw them.

bubblegum

tell me about it.  This time last year I had a nasty case of strep throat and an ear infection.  After getting my drugs from the dr's office, hubby and I wondered into walmart to pick up tissues, 7up and jello.  Of course in the food isle where the jello was they had all sorts of crap sprawled out and hubby had to climb over pallets and the shopping carts the employees were using just for the 7up and jello.  As for the tissues, they had that isles blocked off due to waxing the floors or some crap..at this point I was tired, sick and rather cranky and in no mood for games.  They told me I had to wait until they were done with the asile before getting tissues and the clerk just wondered off.  I went under the rope walked not even a foot, grabed a box of tissues and left. But I was glared at by some of the empolyees.  Good lord, can't they wax the floors at 3 in the morning?

Madonna

They don't realize that customers also need items from where theyare waxing. I think they should rope off a small section, like 1 aisle at a time. And if they won't let us get to something we need, get them to hand it to us, especially if it's a necessity like meds or soft drinks, juice, crackers...etc. Telling a customer they can't get merchandise is just poor ethics, imho. We, the consumer, pay their salary, do we not? No matter how crappy they think their job is, without us they wouldn't have a job there. So next time I need merchandise...I don't care if they are having revival in the middle of the aisle...I'm butting in and getting my chit. The Lord will understand that momma needs kleenex and meds ;D.

pogohatesme

holy cow they rope off the isle that they wax in ya'lls wal-marts?!?  Here they just drive those big waxers around and ya gotta watch to make sure they don't run ya over....no roping off the isles here....

bubblegum

Quote from: pogohatesme on December 03, 2005, 05:45:04 PM
holy cow they rope off the isle that they wax in ya'lls wal-marts?!?  Here they just drive those big waxers around and ya gotta watch to make sure they don't run ya over....no roping off the isles here....

When our walmart became a superwalmart, they started driving around the big waxers. Now we play a game called duck and run while the employees play hit and run.

Madonna

Yeah, they rope off whole sections of the store...like 1/4 at a time. If you need something in that particular section, it's like pulling hen's teeth trying to get your stuff. And as for running me over with the big waxer...i wish they would. I could use the settlement money, and trust me, I'd sue for millions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview