Main Menu

colts go 17-0??????

Started by buck123,

Previous topic - Next topic

buck123

does anyone think colts will go 17-0???
and most likely win the super bowl  O0

Pogo_cheater

i would like to see that but i think they will be 16-1  8)

buck123

i think they go 17-0  and win super bowl and  break  new englands win streak record  ;D

Pogo_cheater

CindyLouWho

I haven't cared what the colts do ever since they snuck out of Baltimore during the nite & left us w/o a football team.   :'(   LOL  I'll watch the superbowl no matter who's in it but if the eagles or ravens aren't in it, I won't care who wins.  Not knowing much about football, I can't really make any comments.   ;D

Country Lady

My boys root for the Raiders.
I couldn't care less about football, now if pogo had a team, that would be a different story. ;)

RC

First of all everyone, there are 16 games in the regular season, so the record would have to be 16-0, not 17.. if you include the playoffs, they would end up 19-0 if they won it all.

In this day and age, it is very difficult for any team to get a perfect record for the entire season, no matter how good they are. The problem with starting off so great and being undefeated, is that you will end up clinching a playoff berth, and then your division title, and then home field advantage through the playoffs, all way before anyone else does. And the reason that's a problem is because then the coaches don't want to risk any serious injuries to any of their key players so as not to hurt their chances in the playoffs, so they end up resting practically every starter for however many games are left in the season. Take last year's Eagles for example.. they didn't go undefeated like the Colts are, but they had a record of 13-1 at one point, and by that time they had clinched home field throughout so the last 2 games ended up being meaningless.. and they rested a ton of players for both of the remaining games, and it ended up looking like 2 preseason games at the end of the season (which really sucked). And of course with none of their good players in the lineup, they lost those last 2 games, finishing at 13-3 (2 more playoff wins and a SB loss making it 15-4 overall).

I have a feeling if the Colts keep winning, when they get that home field clinched, you'll see the same kind of thing.. there won't be any Manning, no Edge, no Harrison, etc., you'll have a bunch of backups playing and even though they may like getting more playing time, there's a reason they are the backups.. they're not as good as the regulars. I'm not an expert on the Colts backups, I don't know how well they can play especially in meaningless games, but if there is gonna be any game where the Colts can lose, it'll be when all the starters are sitting on the bench or standing on the sideline playing cheerleader for the day.

Go Cavs!

1972 Miami Dolphins went undefeated. The last time they done it.
Colts wont make it to 16-0. Marvin Harrison almost hurt his ankle vs. Titans and Coach Dungy needs to rest his players. I know Manning wont play all the games. Thats why the Broncos didnt go undefeated in 1998, because the players resting.

pogohatesme

I don't think we'll go undefeated.  I'm guessing we'll drop 2, maybe 3 games at the most.  But watch out Superbowl here we come and we mean business!

cathyl1226

Cindy lou how can you still hold a grudge about the Colts?  Isn't that how Baltimore got the "Ravens"?  Stolen right out of Cleveland.

CindyLouWho

Quote from: cathyl1226 on December 05, 2005, 06:42:12 AM
Cindy lou how can you still hold a grudge about the Colts?  Isn't that how Baltimore got the "Ravens"?  Stolen right out of Cleveland.

Thats very true Cathy.  I was just waiting to see how long before someone said something bout that.  LOL  It was meant as a humorous comment tho.   :)  My Dad was a BIG Browns fan & he'd been so upset if he'd been alive when they went to Baltimore.

AdDn8187

Now what I am about to say please don't take wrong I am happy for the Colts team to be doing so well but If you want em back you can have em.  I dint have anything against them as individuals and alot of them have done great things for the community and needy in Indianapolis.  I live just NW of INDY and the fact that they threatend to leave if they didn't get a new stadium just burnt me the wrong way.  Up until this year half the time they couldn't even fill the stadium they had, but yet insisted if they stay in INDY they have to have a new one.  So what did the Mayor do.. he decided to put out a food and beverage tax and ask all surrounding counties to do the same (I am not one of the surrounding ones, but my parents are) anyway.. I just find it funny that the Mayor of INDY would lay off Police and Fire personnel but do whatever he can to get money to build a new stadium to keep the Colts in Indianapolis.  I know the tax is not that much per person.. but the fact that they would rather have a football team than Police and Fire personnel just rubs me the wrong way.  I know there are several other ppl on this site from Indiana and I may get whats coming to me for voicing my opinion on this.. but on a contradictory note: yes I do watch the games and yes I do like them winning.  But my heart belongs to the Raiders.. always has and always will even when they are playing bad, I have always been a raiders fan since I was a little girl watching football with my dad... I just grew to love them silver pants  >:D

bobby

the colts will win every game until the afc championship game, my prediction is a loss to denver

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview