PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:27:38 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Help! darn windows update

Started by Country Lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Lady

I just did the update for windows and now I can't see my new premium badge, or many of the pictures on here.  I know there is a setting somewhere to fix that but I can't remember where it is or what it is.
I can't see any of the new badges, only the old ones
HELP!! >:(

badgeaddict

Country Lady

Pogo_cheater

Country Lady

No, I already have sp2.  It didn't cause any problems.

When will I ever learn.  I ran the free safety scan that they offered and it changed a setting somewhere.  I can see all of the graphics, except the ones that are in then new premium badges.
Some of the ones that people have on here don't show either. :'(
And system restore didn't work.  I'm screwed it looks like.  Pardon my language.

digitalvampire

I can't see my premium badge album either.  It's not just you.   :'(

Country Lady

Now what??
My sister can see mine.  I jsut got the canasta badge and can't even see it. >:D
I won't try to change anything for a bit I guess.

RC

Are you having trouble just seeing certain images or animations? I don't know why your update would change that, but try going to your internet options and clicking on the Advanced tab.. scroll down to Multimedia, and see if things are checked there. Like, "play animations in web pages", "show pictures", etc.

Did you have to restart your computer afterwards? If not, or if you haven't restarted since your update, try doing that also.

paok

Please I need your help people :( I bought the program yesterday and it tells me that I am registered. Than on the bottom it says High Stakes pool window could not be found. Idle.
What should i do???

Country Lady

Quote from: RC on December 13, 2005, 11:15:49 PM
Are you having trouble just seeing certain images or animations? I don't know why your update would change that, but try going to your internet options and clicking on the Advanced tab.. scroll down to Multimedia, and see if things are checked there. Like, "play animations in web pages", "show pictures", etc.

Did you have to restart your computer afterwards? If not, or if you haven't restarted since your update, try doing that also.
I checked and every thing was check, except the place marker one so I checked it.  I have restarted my computer several times.  I still can't see them.
Guess I'll go to the microsoft news group and see if anyone there can help.  I also tried to find and answer from pogo's help page.  What ajoke that is!
Thanks for trying to help.

Country Lady

My problem lies within IE, because I can see the badges when using firefox  O0
So now to figure out how to repair IE or find what was changed in the settings.
Thanks all for trying to help.

crankycook

Country, i to am having problems with internet explorer, all i am getting is a white screen, it worked fine when i went to bed last night around 1. got up at 3 and all messed up. I am going to try  few things to see if i can fix it. if it works i will post it here, in case it can help someone else

crankycook

Repair Internet Explorer 6

A number of XP users have reported situations with Internet Explorer 6 becoming corrupted and reporting a number of different errors. While there is certainly no guarantee, the two procedures listed below have restored functionality to IE6 for many users experiencing problems.

Note: Both methods listed require that the Microsoft Windows XP CD-ROM be available.

Method 1: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Run.
In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Select the OK button.
Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Method 2: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP

From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
Click the Search button.
In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

I tried this. puter froze up, had to reboot, not sure if this worked, or the reboot worked, but here ya go. hope it helps

Country Lady

I'm ready to throw this thing out.  I have searched in news groups and on microsoft to find an answer.  Nothing yet.  I even fired up my old computer once again.  I went step by step over my settings and it still didn't help.
I can see the darn badges with the old one and not on the new one.  
If I solve this, I will post also.  Good luck.

LaundryLady

You might want to check all your pop up blocker settings, if you haven't done so.  Could be another one of Windows stupid tricks.  Or it could possibly be IE is messed up again.  Good Luck.

LL

LaundryLady

I would also advise not messing around with your puter too much, this happened to me twice while trying to view stuff thru AOL and IE, and it resolved itself after a couple days

badgeaddict

do u have a firewall? and what did u update to begin with?

Country Lady

there were three critical updates for windows and I ran the windows live scan
I haven't installed anything so I know that isn't a problem.  No virus on system either.  The live scan for them was clean and I ran Norton also, it was clean.

Country Lady

The only pictures that I can't view are the ones for the new albums.  There are a few that are on here that I can't see either.  But I can view the one for my 2004 book that I completed.
I feel that it has something to do with the file format or the type of picture.  Grrrrrrrrrr >:D

BigTim

I could not load QuickQuack after installing the Windows Update.  Pogo told me to delete QUICKQUACK object using Internet Tools.  I did what they said but it still didn't work, so I restored my system to a point prior to the Window's Update - AND EVERYTHING WORKED GREAT AGAIN!!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview