Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 20, 2005, 12:51:44 PM
Quote from: foxx on December 19, 2005, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 19, 2005, 12:28:48 PM
Quote from: BluRaven on December 19, 2005, 05:13:47 AM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 19, 2005, 04:40:35 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on December 18, 2005, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 18, 2005, 02:17:01 PM
This Patriots fan is happy for that. ;D. Manning reminds me of a horse. Lol
A happy Pats fan, HA! Colts still have what they need, home feild advantage. WTG Pats, AFC Least errr East division winners...impressive. Let's not start dissing QBs, because Brady's a bit fruity if you ask me.
Tsk Tsk Tsk. I'm a true Pats fan, and I think the Colts are great, but, I still think they'll choke in the playoffs. The Pats might not win either, but we have the best shot to beat the Colts, since our running game is back. Plus, Brady wants revenge. Brady refuses to lose in the playoffs. Manning will choke Indy's season away.
If any AFC team stands a chance, it's Cincy. They're by far better than the Pats. I'm not sure the Pats get past the Jags or Steelers in the 1st round.

The Patriots beat the Steelers during this season, and the Pats team was MUCH worse then than it is now, so I actually hope that we do play Pittsburgh, so we can win AGAIN. As for the Jags, their team is good, but they wouldn't be in playoff contention if it weren't for Byron. The only team I worry about beating the Pats is Denver. Denver is a team that when they're "on" they can beat anybody. If Denver has one " off" game in the playoffs, they'll go down. Bring on the playoffs!

Bring it on, baby...if any team is inconsistent it's the Patriots...The Black and Gold is salivating at the thought of the rematch...

I hope Tom Brady likes the taste of dirt...

LOL! Who knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs last season? The Patriots did, and quite easily I might add. As for inconsistent. . .   Inconsistent at the beginning of the season? Yes. Inconsistent right now? No. Pittsburgh is 3-3 in their last six games. Patriots are 5-1. Since Bruschi came back, we're 6-2. Bruschi + Healthy Dillon and Faulk + Healthy Brady = Watch out AFC! Even without a healthy Brady, we still beat the Bucs 28-0, and THEY are a quality team. Again, the only team with the possibility to beat the Pats, IMO, is Denver. And even if Denver were to beat us, it would most likely be because they outplayed the Pats, not the Pats choked it away. If Indy does get lucky and get to the Super Bowl, as I said before, Manning will choke their season away, and their Super Bowl hopes. Then they would go down as a ( possibly) 15-1 regular season team. Records only matter in the regular season, not the playoffs. People remember who wins the super bowl. If you go 15-1, good for you, but if you don't win the Super Bowl, none of it matters anyways.
bucs and quality in the same sentence? ;D

Monkey

Lol! The Bucs are " inconsistent" but when they're playing well, they're a quality team. But when they don't play well. . . lets just say they lose miserably.

foxx

Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 20, 2005, 12:51:44 PM
Quote from: foxx on December 19, 2005, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 19, 2005, 12:28:48 PM
Quote from: BluRaven on December 19, 2005, 05:13:47 AM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 19, 2005, 04:40:35 AM
Quote from: BluRaven on December 18, 2005, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 18, 2005, 02:17:01 PM
This Patriots fan is happy for that. ;D. Manning reminds me of a horse. Lol
A happy Pats fan, HA! Colts still have what they need, home feild advantage. WTG Pats, AFC Least errr East division winners...impressive. Let's not start dissing QBs, because Brady's a bit fruity if you ask me.
Tsk Tsk Tsk. I'm a true Pats fan, and I think the Colts are great, but, I still think they'll choke in the playoffs. The Pats might not win either, but we have the best shot to beat the Colts, since our running game is back. Plus, Brady wants revenge. Brady refuses to lose in the playoffs. Manning will choke Indy's season away.
If any AFC team stands a chance, it's Cincy. They're by far better than the Pats. I'm not sure the Pats get past the Jags or Steelers in the 1st round.

The Patriots beat the Steelers during this season, and the Pats team was MUCH worse then than it is now, so I actually hope that we do play Pittsburgh, so we can win AGAIN. As for the Jags, their team is good, but they wouldn't be in playoff contention if it weren't for Byron. The only team I worry about beating the Pats is Denver. Denver is a team that when they're "on" they can beat anybody. If Denver has one " off" game in the playoffs, they'll go down. Bring on the playoffs!

Bring it on, baby...if any team is inconsistent it's the Patriots...The Black and Gold is salivating at the thought of the rematch...

I hope Tom Brady likes the taste of dirt...

LOL! Who knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs last season? The Patriots did, and quite easily I might add. As for inconsistent. . .   Inconsistent at the beginning of the season? Yes. Inconsistent right now? No. Pittsburgh is 3-3 in their last six games. Patriots are 5-1. Since Bruschi came back, we're 6-2. Bruschi + Healthy Dillon and Faulk + Healthy Brady = Watch out AFC! Even without a healthy Brady, we still beat the Bucs 28-0, and THEY are a quality team. Again, the only team with the possibility to beat the Pats, IMO, is Denver. And even if Denver were to beat us, it would most likely be because they outplayed the Pats, not the Pats choked it away. If Indy does get lucky and get to the Super Bowl, as I said before, Manning will choke their season away, and their Super Bowl hopes. Then they would go down as a ( possibly) 15-1 regular season team. Records only matter in the regular season, not the playoffs. People remember who wins the super bowl. If you go 15-1, good for you, but if you don't win the Super Bowl, none of it matters anyways.

Yes...the Steelers Nation painfully remembers last season...oh, and 2001 as well.  As for the 3 losses....remember that orthoscopic knee surgery ben had?  and came back a week early to play the undefeated Colts?  (Who, by the way, handed the Pats their a**es)....and then the broken thumb?  And Ben still threw for over 300, 3TD's and, well, 3 picks against a very good Cinci Bungles team...And remember before that?  When Tommy "I have no knees" Maddox embarrassed himself???   
Yes, we are not the 15-1 team we were...and the playoffs are all that matters....so we will  (hopefully) see you then Mr. Pats fan...remember, revenge is a dish best served cold...

and if you think that Denver is the best team coming out of the AFC you need to go back and watch some tape... ;)

:-* xoxo,
Foxx

Monkey

Umm, I don't think I need to watch any tape. Denver can be better than Indy. Denver IS better than Pittsburgh, Cincy , Jags, and all of the other teams. And yes, they are better than the Patriots. And yes, I hope the Pats do play Pittsburgh, so we can knock them out of the playoffs for the third time in a few years. Remember last year during the playoffs? Brady showed Ben how it's done. (We handed Pittsburgh their a**es) Mark my words, if the Pats play Pittsburgh in the playoffs, we will hand them their a**es again. And hopefully Ben won't make a lame excuse once he loses 42-0.

Blu

Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 21, 2005, 12:24:59 PM
Umm, I don't think I need to watch any tape. Denver can be better than Indy. Denver IS better than Pittsburgh, Cincy , Jags, and all of the other teams. And yes, they are better than the Patriots. And yes, I hope the Pats do play Pittsburgh, so we can knock them out of the playoffs for the third time in a few years. Remember last year during the playoffs? Brady showed Ben how it's done. (We handed Pittsburgh their a**es) Mark my words, if the Pats play Pittsburgh in the playoffs, we will hand them their a**es again. And hopefully Ben won't make a lame excuse once he loses 42-0.
What position do you play? What position in the Pats organization do you hold? I ask because you say "we" a lot. We're you still saying "we" when the Pats were a mediocre to below average team? Let me guess, you're a Red Sock too. You screamed, "WE DID IT" after they finally won a WS in the modern age of baseball.

Monkey

Quote from: BluRaven on December 21, 2005, 12:43:01 PM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 21, 2005, 12:24:59 PM
What position do you play? What position in the Pats organization do you hold? I ask because you say "we" a lot. We're you still saying "we" when the Pats were a mediocre to below average team? Let me guess, you're a Red Sock too. You screamed, "WE DID IT" after they finally won a WS in the modern age of baseball.

Actually, no I didn't scream anything when the Red Sox won. I was watching the game. Sure I was happy that they won, but I didn't yell " WE DID IT" as you say. My friends watching the game shouted that. Not me. Ya got the wrong person. Oh, and excuse me for typing "we" instead of " The Pats " every time. It's just easier to type, and sometimes the Pats fans say "we" because the fans and players are a team? Remember in the super bowl when they came out as a TEAM instead of individually? Again, pardon my language.

Go Cavs!

Bad news today is Tony Dungy's son dead at 18.  :'(

Homer

Yes. It is sad news. Especially considering the time of year. Any loss of life is tragic. I heard on the radio that it is now being reported as a suicide. Unfortunately this time of year seems to have the highest suicide rate. The holidays are supposed to be a happy time to enjoy with friends and family but for many people it is actually a sad time where people fight with bouts of depression and thoughts of suicide. 

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Monkey

Yes, although I don't like the Colts, my heart is with the Dungy family. What a horrible time to have such a bad tragedy occur. :'(

Blu

Just giving you a hard time, Monkey...I hate the Sox & Pats...so it's all in good fan spirit.

On a sadder note, thats horrible for Tony & his family. Maybe they'll win it all for him and I'll get all emotional at a sports momment like everytime I see the Jimmy V ESPY speach.  :'(
Prayers to the Dungy's, his family, friends, and the organization (yes, most teams are like family).

Monkey

Lol. I figured you were giving me a hard time.  :P It's okay anyways, almost everybody either LOVES the Sox and Pats or hates them with a passion. Lol. With a few exceptions of people who semi-love or semi-hate them.

Anyone know when they'll do the autopsy on him to find a cause of death? I heard Tony won't be on the sidelines for the game this week, either. Don't know how true that is or not.

Blu

Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on December 23, 2005, 06:32:50 AM
Lol. I figured you were giving me a hard time.  :P It's okay anyways, almost everybody either LOVES the Sox and Pats or hates them with a passion. Lol. With a few exceptions of people who semi-love or semi-hate them.

Anyone know when they'll do the autopsy on him to find a cause of death? I heard Tony won't be on the sidelines for the game this week, either. Don't know how true that is or not.
It's an apparent suicide, but not official. Here's an excellent article on the situation...
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/14010038p-14842817c.html

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview