PlayBuddy
September 10, 2024, 01:55:49 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Christmas controversy

Started by Madonna,

Previous topic - Next topic

nanners

Madonna

I withdrew my comment about the southern Baptist ...not all are bad. I will not withdraw my comment on Jerry Falwell...he's an idiot...period. He judges everyone...telling them that they are bad and going to hell...his views. I agree...it is not Christian to judge, but he does it without batting an eye. The comment on thank heavens I'm not Baptist has been edited because it was TACKY for me to say that. Who am I to judge an entire religion based on my views on 1 bad apple. Every religion is different, to some degree or another, and mine is no better. So please forgive me for my oh so "horrid" comment.  ::)

janet

We all love you Madonna girl.

Sometimes we all get a little stupid because something or someone irritates us.  I just try to tune it out.  In my thoughts, there is always something good to be found in the bad stuff, rather it be people or deeds.  I always look for the good even though it is well hidden sometimes.  Not speaking of any of you regarding that bad comment, just all of that stuff I see on TV.  Got to start turning the news off again.  Hope that came out right.  ;)

Madonna

That might be my best option...just turn it off and tune it out. What you don't know won't make your blood pressure rise and won't cause any hard feelings. So I'll just say have a merry one y'all...and no more news for Madonna ;D.

janet

I meant the news on the TV, Madonna, not the news from you.

bubblegum

one thing that makes me cough and gag during this time of the year is how can people spend a grand for presents? I'm talking about those few people who feel it wouldn't be Christmas unless they spend like 500 bucks on the kids, a gazillion bucks on their spouse, and another gazillion and a half on relatives?  What ever happened to just a cookie tin filled with homemade cookies, a card and a simple greeting?  In my family were not huge on gifts, esp since my family is comprised of 5 different collections of faiths.  For Christams the gifts include an annual pass to the local zoo, season tickets to the local ballet company and some homemade candy-that kind of stuff.  For those in my family that aren't Christean, they do celebrate Christmas in a round about way.  They take their family out to the fanciest restaurant open and then see a movie.   :)

Tina123

I agree with Madonna 100%. Live and let live. Merry Christmas!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview