Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anyone from NY?

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Just wondering if any of our members are from New York and dealing with the major transit strike in the city. :o

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

How did you make out today? Walk, drive or other means?

hallowkween

non of the above,

i stayed home and played pogo

like i do most days

pogohatesme

Quote from: Homer on December 20, 2005, 01:16:51 PM
How did you make out today? Walk, drive or other means?

I drove to work today.......but I live in Indiana and drive all the time....so I guess that doesn't count does it?

Tina123

I live in Queens, and work down near the bull. I drove part of the way in and met a special employee bus that transported some of us the rest of the way in. What a freaking pain in the you-know-what.

Gotta get up again tomorrow at 4:30 am. Wah, wah, wah!

bubblegum

BoredNItaly

OH how I know the feelings.Here in Italy some kind of transport is always going on strike. When my mother came to visit last year airlines went on strike all in all took her 6 flights and over 30 hours to get home   >:( and they didnt tell anyone there were going on strike or even thinking of it until the DAY of the strike

Torn2pieces

I'm a former NYer, lived there most of my life. Not in the city, but a bit more upstate. I saw the strike on the news, sucks for the commuters.

I'm actually heading to NY tonite, via Car. I live 1600 miles from NY. I can't wait. I love NY!!!!

Go Cavs!

I had a post here and why it got deleted? All i said is Yankees signed Damon and its New York related to the topic. And i really dont like making another topic just i only say "The Yankees signed Damon"

Tina123

Maybe cause original post was about transit strike? Dunno, but sorry Rey. Anyway, transit strike in NY just about over, at least the subways and buses will be running again while talks resume. I don't know about the rest of you New Yorkers, but I am really missing mass transit. I am freaking tired of getting up at 4:30 A.M.

BTW, did you ever notice that the squelchies sound just like the subway system loudspeaker announcements, can't understand a darned thing they are saying, LOL.

Homer

Quote from: ReyMysterious on December 22, 2005, 12:43:20 PM
I had a post here and why it got deleted? All i said is Yankees signed Damon and its New York related to the topic. And i really dont like making another topic just i only say "The Yankees signed Damon"

I do not see the post you are referring to. Perhaps it was a glitch. I do however see your other post which was deleted for just cause. (The one about sn's)

Homer

Quote from: Tina123 on December 22, 2005, 01:08:21 PM
Maybe cause original post was about transit strike? Dunno, but sorry Rey. Anyway, transit strike in NY just about over, at least the subways and buses will be running again while talks resume. I don't know about the rest of you New Yorkers, but I am really missing mass transit. I am freaking tired of getting up at 4:30 A.M.

BTW, did you ever notice that the squelchies sound just like the subway system loudspeaker announcements, can't understand a darned thing they are saying, LOL.

Yes, threaten them with jail time and see how the cookie crumbles.  :o

Tina123

Jail time for the strikers? I want them FIRED, just like late President Reagan (my hero) did to the air traffic controllers!
Fire them ALL!   Off with their heads!

Homer

Quote from: Tina123 on December 22, 2005, 01:52:12 PM
Jail time for the strikers? I want them FIRED, just like late President Reagan (my hero) did to the air traffic controllers!
Fire them ALL!   Off with their heads!

No. They threatened the union leaders. :o

bubblegum

I might get shot for saying this, but.....I must admit, I do understand where they are comeing from.However, they don't have much of my prayers.  The people stuck walking to work and having major trouble getting to work do.   Many workers in this country have benefits way better than the mta.  Any many workers in the country have far less than they do.  For millions of people in this country, things like health insurance and pension plans from their employer are a joke.  So I feel they should count their blessings and stop complaining.

Go Cavs!

Quote from: Homer on December 22, 2005, 01:46:11 PM
Quote from: ReyMysterious on December 22, 2005, 12:43:20 PM

I do not see the post you are referring to. Perhaps it was a glitch. I do however see your other post which was deleted for just cause. (The one about sn's)

I remember that one. No problem.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview