PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:34:51 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

So.....what did ya get?!?!?

Started by pogohatesme,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bree

Quote from: DeadSet on December 27, 2005, 09:49:38 PM
:) ;) To be honest I didn't even think about that, but don't suppose thats a bad thing with a forum like this. O0 By the way, I like the avatar, Bree.

-dS

Thank You Very Much DeadSet, and I was just kidding with the amount of posts you have posted.  I know when I was trying my best to get to 50 so I could PM the people of this forum.  So it is a very good thing...... O0

Dan39Mn

I i first must say how sad Im nobody did anything for people in need i spent my Christmas at the Childerns  Hosp. its hard to watch them knowing some well not be here next year. itryed to bring a lil cheer to all. feel special on a cherfull day   in fact as i walked the halls i would stop and hand out $50.00 to the parents said Santa wanted to see you smile today all the tears was more then a thank you Sir. just knowing i made somebody feel specal was more then i can ask for.. Im not asking for a Medal just wanted to share my Christmas with other in need...

BoredNItaly

Quote from: Dan39Mn on December 27, 2005, 10:08:07 PM
I i first must say how sad Im nobody did anything for people in need i spent my Christmas at the Childerns  Hosp. its hard to watch them knowing some well not be here next year. itryed to bring a lil cheer to all. feel special on a cherfull day   in fact as i walked the halls i would stop and hand out $50.00 to the parents said Santa wanted to see you smile today all the tears was more then a thank you Sir. just knowing i made somebody feel specal was more then i can ask for.. Im not asking for a Medal just wanted to share my Christmas with other in need...
That is so wonderful for you doing that! But I can say I do my share to give back. My family is Military and EVERY holiday when i am cooking my family meals I cook atleast 2 extra meals for Military people stationed where we are here overseas and take it to the work floor and make sure they have a home cooked meal and I invite single sailors and married families that have no where to go and missing home. ANd atleast once a month a have a big Sunday meal and invite anyone wanting to come over for a big southern meal so my giving is year around and it will be like that until I cant do it anymore.

DeadSet

Quote from: Bree on December 27, 2005, 09:59:28 PM
Quote from: DeadSet on December 27, 2005, 09:49:38 PM
:) ;) To be honest I didn't even think about that, but don't suppose thats a bad thing with a forum like this. O0 By the way, I like the avatar, Bree.

-dS

Thank You Very Much DeadSet, and I was just kidding with the amount of posts you have posted. I know when I was trying my best to get to 50 so I could PM the people of this forum. So it is a very good thing...... O0

It's ok I knew you were kidding, it's all in good fun anyways.  :D

Quote from: Dan39Mn on December 27, 2005, 10:08:07 PM
I i first must say how sad Im nobody did anything for people in need i spent my Christmas at the Childerns  Hosp. its hard to watch them knowing some well not be here next year. itryed to bring a lil cheer to all. feel special on a cherfull day   in fact as i walked the halls i would stop and hand out $50.00 to the parents said Santa wanted to see you smile today all the tears was more then a thank you Sir. just knowing i made somebody feel specal was more then i can ask for.. Im not asking for a Medal just wanted to share my Christmas with other in need...

That is awesome to hear. It's not too often these days that people would be willing to give time and energy for a cause like that, I commend you, deeply.

-dS

Bree

I have not posted what I got for Christmas, but I can tell you what me and my family did for Christams....

I got a lot of really nice gifts, but I am the type of person who would rather give then receive.  My family helped out in a soup kitchen and gave out warm blankets to the needy people.  Then we went to the Pediatrics Ward where my fiancee` works and gave out presents to children who do not have parents. Then we headed for our last stop before heading to my parents for Christmas Dinner and that is the Nursing Home my Grandfather is in.  He is 87 yrs. young, can't walk and is totally blind but nothing holds him back, and there are no words that can describe how happy all the folks there enjoyed the party that the staff and family put on for just them.  I truly think that is what the true meaning of Christmas is all about for me and my family and we all enjoyed outslevies so much.

So do not say that everyone did not give of themselves this Christmas just because they did not post it here.  The topic was "Christmas is over....So.....what did ya get?!?!?", and that is what most people are posting.

I do not like to boast of the things my family and I do, but I wanted to respond that we "All Give of Ourselves" in our own special way.

Bree

Quote from: GeminiGirl on December 27, 2005, 10:54:23 PM
That's very nice Bree :) and precisely why I didn't respond to the thread until Dan's post. I particularly liked how you described your Grandfather as being 87 yrs young, nice touch and may he have many yrs ahead of him O0

Thank you very much, Gemini that was very sweet of you to say.

PogoCrazyMomma

well i got myself  the two premium badge albums that i didn't have!!! LOL

me and hubby got money, very much needed, restaurant gift cards, and a digital camera, and I got a new coat, boots, the davinci code book which i really wanted, and some clothes,  I got my hubby his third wedding band,  he lost first two ,lest to say it was inexpensive ,as I am not spending money we don't have for him to lose it again!!!!!  But the best gift of all was being with our kids and having each other!!!Now that we have custody of my stepdaughter, this was my husband's first xmas morning with her, and that is something that he cherished!!Also I have a niece/godchild now who is two weeks old and I saw her being born, now that was a gift that means everything to me and was the most special thing I ever saw in my life!!!

bubblegum

thats so cool.  We recently got permanent custody of my step son-his mother signed her rights away to the the state clearing the way for us to keep him for good.  She chose drugs over him and so now we have him.  Which is good and this was his first Christmas with us to and he cried his eyes out most of Christmas morning because Santa remembered him this year. Hubby cried to.  It was one of those hallmark moments.  We have started the process for me to formally adopt him and it all should be said and done by late March.   ;D

*Angel*

Quote from: bubblegum on December 28, 2005, 04:54:33 PM
thats so cool.  We recently got permanent custody of my step son-his mother signed her rights away to the the state clearing the way for us to keep him for good.  She chose drugs over him and so now we have him.  Which is good and this was his first Christmas with us to and he cried his eyes out most of Christmas morning because Santa remembered him this year. Hubby cried to.  It was one of those hallmark moments.  We have started the process for me to formally adopt him and it all should be said and done by late March.   ;D

Blue,

I am so happy to hear that you will finally be getting custody.  We've talked about it before so I know the details.  I am so happy for him, and your family.  That little boy deserves a good life, and a good mom.  I am glad he found one in you!  :)

bubblegum

PogoCrazyMomma

bubblegum,
so happy to hear about your family, it's really sad when a mother can't take care of her kids but thankfully there are excellent fathers and stepmoms out there like us to give these children a normal, happier, stable life!!!So I wish you and your family a very happy new year!!!!!!

bubblegum

yes it is great that so many step parents are out there so willing to take in their spouses children.  Saddest thing about this is she sent sent the courts a letter pretty much telling hubby and I to tell him to forget she ever existed and her way of life is far more important than him. Which is fine with us.  I don't view him as my step son but as 100% mine which has meant the world to hubby.   :)

*~Peri~*

I got lots of love & huggs on X-Mas. I have 1 child who still believes in Santa So the other needs to get stuff from Santa also. The smiles on my kid's faces were the best presents I could have ever gotten. I told hubby I would break his fingers if he bought me anything.
Then We took Tins of popcorn with Movie rental giftcards to all the houses with kids in the neighborhood & said that the gift was to be used as a whole family if all possible. We didnt leave our names :)

bubblegum

*~Peri~*

We got all we need when we got love :) Now mind you, I do not live in a huge neighborhood..But we spent less on the Popcorn Tins than we would have on gifts to each other (hubby & I) Now, we are broke lol. But at least our bills are paid & my kids are happy :) :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview