PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 08:19:32 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Brett Favre

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Retire or Not?

Yes
16 (64%)
No
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Homer

I've watched Brett for many years now and he used to be an excellent and exciting QB to watch play. It's been painfully obvious over the last few years that his skills have been diminishing rapidly. Brett is 36 years old and certainly capable of playing 2-3 more years in the NFL. I hate to see athletes try to hang on to their careers especially when they appear to be no longer capable of playing at the high level they once did.

Do you think Brett should retire?  :-\

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Eagles Fan

I agree with you Homer!  I admire Farve for his talent. But I really think he has done all that he is capable of and think he has to many personal issues that he should attend to.  He has really gone through hell with his family the past 2 years. I just love the guy and feel he should retire and be remembered for the career he has had. I am an avid Eagles Fan but have always been impressed with Farve.

Mr. Rasputia

Even though his skills have diminished, i believe he still has a few more years in him. Brett really has no one to throw at, a running back to open up the passing game and also he lost a few of his Off. linemen to free agency that he depended on too help keep that ironman streak he is currently on.

Homer

I agree. It's a shame to see the great ones go down in flames but I can understand they don't want to quit because it is the thing they have done almost all of their lives. It's got to be hard to make that decision but on the other hand if someone is gonna keep paying you why not? I'll still always remember him for his greatness most of all. ;)

Homer

Quote from: l0c0 on December 25, 2005, 05:47:43 PM
Even though his skills have diminished, i believe he still has a few more years in him. Brett really has no one to throw at, a running back to open up the passing game and also he lost a few of his Off. linemen to free agency that he depended on too help keep that ironman streak he is currently on.

Oh I understand he's had a bad year to a variety of things. To me things seemed to start going downhill for Favre after the 4th and 26 game against the Eagles.

Go Cavs!

Re:
Packers would have been better if it was not for injuries.. Its injures. Ahman Green, Davenport, Walker, etc. I will say he will play next year and Mike Sherman will remain as coach.
I know he had a difficult time, his father passing, wife had breast cancer, and his home destroyed by Katrina.
Just lost today against Chicago with 4 interceptions, 28th of season.
Packers still love him for passion of the game and keeping his starting streak alive.
I hope they dont get Vince Young from Texas next year draft.
Packers will keep Favre for another 2-3 years, trying to get Dan Marino's touchdown and passing yards record.

Eagles Fan

Quote from: Homer on December 25, 2005, 05:51:07 PM
Quote from: l0c0 on December 25, 2005, 05:47:43 PM

Oh I understand he's had a bad year to a variety of things. To me things seemed to start going downhill for Favre after the 4th and 26 game against the Eagles.
I agree and I am sorry to say that one I enjoyed.  I am soooooooooooo  baaaaaaaaaad! lol  But seriously he is one of the greatest!

Homer

I think Sherman's gotta go. In my opinion they should have been playing Aaron Rodger's the last few games. They need to see what this guy can or can't do. Now they will go into the draft with their hands tied.

DeadSet

I love Brett Favre and would love to see him continue in the NFL. I do however have to say that him being surrounded with a lack of talent and injury plagued players has really hurt his standing. I honestly believe he will come back for one more year...he's not going to go out like this..Would be the polar opposite of his ENTIRE career.

-dS

Monkey

I love Favre. I love the Packers. I honestly HOPE that he DOES come back for another year. Hopefully he and the Packers would have different year, because this is their worst year in so long. I expect him to retire after that. He's had a great career.

Gerald

Quote from: Homer on December 25, 2005, 05:58:50 PM
I think Sherman's gotta go. In my opinion they should have been playing Aaron Rodger's the last few games. They need to see what this guy can or can't do. Now they will go into the draft with their hands tied.
I couldn't agree with you more. The best time to prepare for the future is TODAY. Playing Rodgers wouldn't exactly hurt them now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview