PlayBuddy
August 11, 2024, 09:31:13 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Isn't this Sad?

Started by Jinx55,

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogo_cheater

*Angel*

*~Peri~*

My daughter was left alone from sfter school until midnight & watched her brother.. She was 12 & he was 7, while I worked a double shift.. The state (IL) said that was fine. My daughter was & is very mature.. I dont think my son will be mature enough at that age. But at this time, they do not need to be left alone. 9 & 5? wow.. I think that is WAY too young...

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 07, 2006, 05:17:40 PM
Quote from: time2startagain on January 07, 2006, 04:02:56 PM
sounds like my hubby's ex wife. she works at a hospital and they have two kids one age 13 and the other 14. she has left them home alone over night for the past 3 years now when she has to work the over night shift.  her shifts are about 12 hours long.. and guess what. in our state & the town she lives in they said there is nothing wrong with that as long as they can use a microwave and are off the streets by 10 pm during sun- thursday. and midnight from friday to sat night..  i think that is wrong.  if i left my daughter home for more than 15 minutes and my dad was to find out my butt would be grass. lol..  just thought i would add my two cents in .. if you all dont mind lmao.

No offense but I think there's a big difference between a 13 and 14 year old and the 9 and 5 year old.....My parents started leaving my brother and I home alone around 9 or 10.  And before anyone gets started on them, I had wonderful parents.  They didn't do it to abuse us.  I really think it depends on the child.  If you have a mature child, I don't think you have to worry about them doing stupid stuff when they don't have any supervision.  I know that still leaves other areas(ie: emergencies, fires, burglaries, etc.) but if you raise your kids right and they know what to do in any type of situation, then you may just be overreacting about leaving them alone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview