Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New Year Resolutions...

Started by holly222,

Previous topic - Next topic

holly222

Well, this year after smoking for about thirteen years, me and my husband are going to quit.   As of 11:32 pm est time last night we have not smoked........ ???

Did you make any promises this year and how long did they last.........? 

Homer

Good for you. I quit smoking about 5 years ago. I never knew how nasty of a habit it was until I stopped.

My NYR is to have more fun this year than I had last year. O0 :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

pogohatesme

My NYR was to not play Pogo so much....that ended about 10 minutes after I made it...which was about 3 hours ago when I logged onto pogo again.......gonna try harder next year!

On a more serious note:  I'm going to try to be more upbeat and happy this year.  Also, to be more a more calm, level-headed person...espically with the people I work with......GL to you all with your resolutions

Laurie-Anne

I am with Homer. My NYR is to have more fun then last year. Trust me it couldn't be much worse.
Last year, First my Gramma had a heart attack in Toronto and then my mom went there to take care of her and while she was there she got quite sick and they found she had four broken vertabrae in her back and then they dicovered it was caused by cancer she didn't know that she had. I booked a flight to go down there to take care of her and two days before I left my son got into a terrible auto accident on the highway. While I was down there I had to put her cat to sleep because it also had cancer. That was the hardest thing I ever had to do. While I was away my house was robbed of anything that was valuble. Two days after I got home my brother started having sexures and they found out he had a grapefruit sized brain tumor. He ended up having brain surgery and there is still some tumur left in there that was to dangerous to remove. The day of his surgery my mom Had a heart attack and that was followed by a stroke. I replaced alot of my stuff that was stolen and one day while I was at work I was robbed again. We finaly managed to get by mom back home to Alberta and she was put in a hospital here where I live. She has healed amazingly. While she was in the hospital My sister fainted and hit her head real hard and was hospitalized for a couple days. they never did figer out what caused her to faint but they figer probably stress.  I was once again robbed for the third time and decided to move. While I was moving I missed a step and broke my foot. This was in May. After six weeks in the cast it still wasn't healed and they put me in another cast. After six weeks in that cast it still wasn't healed. So they put me in a walking cast and told me I need to be in it until I can have surgery. Unfortuately there are a shortage of doctors that do foot surgery and there is a long waiting list. they figure they can't operate until the end of 2007. So I am stuck with my foot up on my desk above my heart 75% of the day. It hurts so bad all the time. My son had to have surgery on both his legs and is in two casts.
Luckily I am a pretty positive person and I don't let too much get me down.
So as you can see I am so glad 2005 is over with.
Lets all have fun in 2006 and win lots of tokies.

holly222

I cant even think of the words to reply to that one....

Laurie-Anne

lol no need to reply to it. I am one tough cookie. Congratulations on quiting smoking. I know that is a very hard thing to do and I wish you the best of luck.  O0

Kelly

OMG after reading that I swear I will NEVER complain about anything ever ever again!!!
GOD BLESS YOU....to go thru ALL that and still have a positive outlook is a miracle....God only gives us what he knows we can handle and you are right YOU ARE ONE TOUGH COOKIE!!!
I pray everything and I mean EVERYTHING works out for you and you family!!!

wattsmyname

OMG you have amazing coping skills or you would be crazy by now. Hope this year is better for you and your family :-*

bubblegum

my NYR is not to make any.  My goals this year are simple.  When I go back to Philly this summer my goal is to eat my fill of cheesesteaks before leaving.  On a more serious note, my goals are to have more fun, laugh more and care about age a lot less.

DeadSet

I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions just for the simple fact that most people who make a serious one have broken it by February. I wish I could quit smoking, I've done it a couple times (cold turkey) but something always seemed to get in the way (stress, boredom, etc.)

-dS

chunkster

My goal this year is to just smile and nod and be as nice as possible to the meanest of people. I'm already nice to nice people :) but I always tell mean people what I think of them. I think being nice to mean people irks them even more than being mean back to them. I started before the new year though. I went to Target and pulled in a parking spot. When I got out of the car, some guy was parked behind me and screaming at me for taking "his" spot. Never saw him waiting for it though. I just smiled and said "Merry Christmas!" and walked into the store. !

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview