Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL PLAYOFFS

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

so...what are everyone's thoughts on the playoff race?  My opinion is pretty clear
<---------------

and even though the Pittsburgh D sucked a** the first 1/2 of the game, I think the Steelers are a force to be reckoned with...but I am so afraid of Indy...

NFC...now there's another story...Carolina made Atlanta look like a high school team today...they are definately riding the momentum...

AND
Since we are not doing picks for the playoffs...(I think Homer is tired of adding... :-*)   here's mine...
Pittsburgh
New England
Washington
Carolina

I am so excited...I love the playoffs...

Go Cavs!

Mine here:
PIT over CIN
JAX over NE
CAR over NYG
TB over WAS

Monkey

Quote from: foxx on January 01, 2006, 10:39:10 PM
so...what are everyone's thoughts on the playoff race? My opinion is pretty clear
<---------------

and even though the Pittsburgh D sucked a** the first 1/2 of the game, I think the Steelers are a force to be reckoned with...but I am so afraid of Indy...

NFC...now there's another story...Carolina made Atlanta look like a high school team today...they are definately riding the momentum...

AND
Since we are not doing picks for the playoffs...(I think Homer is tired of adding... :-*) here's mine...
Pittsburgh
New England
Washington
Carolina

I am so excited...I love the playoffs...

Ditto on those same ones for me. Carolina will probably crush the Giants. Washington will probably win by a TD, or lose by a field goal, but I think they'll win. The Pats will probably win by a TD too. Pittsburgh will crush the Bengals. If all of those are right, next week it will be the Pats vs Denver, and Pittsburgh vs Indy. Eeeek. Denver scares me. Lol. And I'll actually be picking the Pittsburgh upset over Indy if they play.

krakka

Heres mine:

Cin over Pitt

Jax over NE

NYG over Car

TB over Wash

Gl guys

RC

My thoughts:

Tampa Bay beats Washington;
Jacksonville beats the former champs New England.. even though it's in NE, I think Jax beats the team with the lowest record, even if they are the champs (it ain't gonna happen this year);
Carolina beats NY Giants;
Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh.. and although Pitt may be favored on the road, I think the home crowd and the need to continue a great season for a usually bad Cincy team, helps them come out on top. 

No matter what happens, there should be some really good games this year.. how rare is it for every single team in the playoffs to have 10+ wins??  No 9-7 or (gasp!) even an 8-8 team squeaking into the playoffs.. maybe we can actually get by without any big blowouts.. but I'm sure there's bound to be at least one.

Ethan_Hawley

Here's mine:

New England over JAX (even if Leftwich is back, he'll be rusty in the cold...plus it's freakin' Tom Brady)
Cincy over Steeltown (willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  won most recently in Pitt and are at home now)
Washington over Tampa Bay (good rematch from an awesome regular season game)
NYG over Carolina (i think Tiki is on a tear right now)

Looking forward to these last few weeks of football!!

foxx

Dude...what's with alll the Steeler Hate?  To quote the immortal Myron...This is the "Cincy Bungles" we are talking about... >:D

;)

Tamelia

Quote from: foxx on January 05, 2006, 01:19:13 PM
Dude...what's with alll the Steeler Hate?  To quote the immortal Myron...This is the "Cincy Bungles" we are talking about... >:D

;)

lolol :D

Helen

Quote from: foxx on January 05, 2006, 01:19:13 PM

;)

Now, I'm not taking sides here but......yes, they are the "Bungles" but they had a great season and we'll see if they can finish it up with a Super Bowl win. As for the Steelers, they had a great season last year and "Big Ben" looked like a "bungle" in the AFC championship game. He was a rookie and played like one. This year the Steelers had another great season and with last year behind him, let's see what Ben can do this year. May the better team win. I'm just hoping to see a good game.

Ethan_Hawley

No hate towards the Steelers, just nice to see an Ohio team in the playoffs since my lowly Browns are yeeeeears away still.

SANATA

here my superbowl teams the 2006 superbowl will be the COLTS and SEAHAWKS with the final SCORE COLTS 24 SEAHAWKS 27 O0

Helen

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on January 05, 2006, 07:22:32 PM

No hate towards the Steelers, just nice to see an Ohio team in the playoffs since my lowly Browns are yeeeeears away still.

And here I thought I was the only Browns fan here Ethan!!

SANATA

who r the browns never heard of that team ;D ;D

Tamelia

UGH!! THe browns?? BOOOO HISSSSS

LOL Sorry I'm a die hard steelers fan

Ethan_Hawley

Yes, Helen, big Browns fan though not from Cleveland (Columbus).  Even through the lean years, I'd punch John Elway in the mouth if I ever saw him on the street.  :-X  Just kidding...sort of. 
Glad we have a decent coach finally, now if only we could shore up the holes on defense.

Do seem to be a bunch of Steelers fans in this forum.  It's a good rivalry and you guys have earned all the success you've had in recent years, just too bad you couldn't win a Superbowl for The Bus.  (and don't try to tell me it's gonna happen this year)   8)

Tamelia

I'm hoping that Ben doesn't play his rookie card again this year.  ::) Anyone else notice the number of injuries he's had this season?

foxx

Quote from: Tamelia on January 06, 2006, 12:49:30 PM
I'm hoping that Ben doesn't play his rookie card again this year.  ::) Anyone else notice the number of injuries he's had this season?

yeah...but he has played well through most of them...As a fellow Steelers fan, you know how we Pittsburghers like to turn on our QB's at the first sign of weakness...so he better not wuss out on us this year!  (He will still be dreamy though...lol)

And as for the "Let's win the SuperBowl for the Bus"...I am firmly on that bandwagon and think they actually have a chance to do it.  The amount of respect, love and drive that the team has for Jerome just might be the reason they get there...

Man I hope they win...or Monday is going to be a rough one for me (and the rest of the Black and Gold Diehards) on this forum... :-*

Helen

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on January 06, 2006, 12:46:45 PM
Yes, Helen, big Browns fan though not from Cleveland (Columbus).  Even through the lean years, I'd punch John Elway in the mouth if I ever saw him on the street.  :-X  Just kidding...sort of. 
Glad we have a decent coach finally, now if only we could shore up the holes on defense.

Do seem to be a bunch of Steelers fans in this forum.  It's a good rivalry and you guys have earned all the success you've had in recent years, just too bad you couldn't win a Superbowl for The Bus.  (and don't try to tell me it's gonna happen this year)   8)

Ethan, I was born and raised in Cleveland and then moved to a suburb of Youngstown after getting married. I've been a Browns fan my whole life and even through the lean years will remain one. I'm halfway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh so you know what I have to put up with here, lol. I have twin sons and they both lived in Columbus at one point. Actually, one went to Capital University and recently relocated to Las Vegas. The other just bought his house in Columbus a year ago. We found a really nice Browns Backers bar and went there one Sunday for the game. It was the "winking" something or another, lol.  My daughter lives in a suburb of Pittsburgh and you'd be surprised to see how many Browns fans actually live there.
It is a good rivalry and I was sad when we lost our team and the rivalry came to a sudden stop. I do have to admit that I did cheer for the Steelers the first time they played the Ravens. I was also very impressed when Art Rooney wouldn't allow Modell to enter his stadium. That made my day.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview