Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL PLAYOFFS

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan_Hawley

Quote from: Homer on January 06, 2006, 01:59:20 PM
Who would name a team a color? :P j/k

Actually, Homer  8), the Browns were named for Paul Brown, legendary Ohio football coach.  Coached Ohio St. to their first national championship in '42 and was the first coach ever for both the Browns and the Bengals.  If he were Ron Burgundy he would say, "I'm kind of a big deal."

Helen, I actually live in California now, but called Columbus home my entire life up until college.  OSU is the only real professional football team in that town so I had to pick.  And since when I was a kid all my friends were doing the dreaded Ickey Shuffle, I hitched my wagon to Bernie Kosar and never looked back.  Would love to go to a Steelers/Browns game sometime though, sounds like you're in a good position to do that!

As for all this Seattle/Indianapolis talk...I just can't look too far from Tom Brady, the man is 9-0 in playoff games.

Helen

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on January 07, 2006, 08:17:42 AM

Actually, Homer  8), the Browns were named for Paul Brown, legendary Ohio football coach.  Coached Ohio St. to their first national championship in '42 and was the first coach ever for both the Browns and the Bengals.  If he were Ron Burgundy he would say, "I'm kind of a big deal."

Helen, I actually live in California now, but called Columbus home my entire life up until college.  OSU is the only real professional football team in that town so I had to pick.  And since when I was a kid all my friends were doing the dreaded Ickey Shuffle, I hitched my wagon to Bernie Kosar and never looked back.  Would love to go to a Steelers/Browns game sometime though, sounds like you're in a good position to do that!

As for all this Seattle/Indianapolis talk...I just can't look too far from Tom Brady, the man is 9-0 in playoff games.

LOL Ethan, I think Homer knows who the Browns were named after.

I have been to Browns/Steelers games in both cities and the ones in Cleveland have been fun. The one that I did attend in Pittsburgh was the Sunday night game when Couch QB'd and beat the Steelers and more than half the stadium cleared out at halftime. Let me tell you, it was not a pretty sight for Browns fans. I actually feared for my life. I went with my daughter and we had people wanting to beat us up, even women.
It was just dang scary. We had to attach ourselves to a group of LARGE men Browns fans and they walked us to our car.

Homer

I was just poking fun.  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Helen

Quote from: Homer on January 07, 2006, 10:07:31 AM

I was just poking fun.  :P

I knew you were Homer!!  :P

foxx

Quote from: Helen on January 07, 2006, 09:55:17 AM

LOL Ethan, I think Homer knows who the Browns were named after.

I have been to Browns/Steelers games in both cities and the ones in Cleveland have been fun. The one that I did attend in Pittsburgh was the Sunday night game when Couch QB'd and beat the Steelers and more than half the stadium cleared out at halftime. Let me tell you, it was not a pretty sight for Browns fans. I actually feared for my life. I went with my daughter and we had people wanting to beat us up, even women.
It was just dang scary. We had to attach ourselves to a group of LARGE men Browns fans and they walked us to our car.

so sorry about your experience Helen, that gives us (as steelers fans) a bad name...but the Steelers Nation can be very rabid at times.... ;)

Homer

I don't think any fans have been more criticized than Eagles fans. For crying out loud you boo Santa Claus 50 years ago and ESPN mentions it all the time. :o

There are good fans and bad fans in every city. I like to think there are more good than bad. It's the few morons who give the masses a bad name. >:(

Fluffy756

As long as NY Gaints lose I will be happy.....

fluffy

Go Cavs!

Well i am watching the Redskins game, they won. Thanks for that INT by Arrington. >:(

17-10

Helen

Although a win is a win, the Redskins should be ashamed of that win. That offense, only scoring 3 points, thank goodness for the defense.

Homer

Quote from: Helen on January 07, 2006, 05:20:07 PM
Although a win is a win, the Redskins should be ashamed of that win. That offense, only scoring 3 points, thank goodness for the defense.

Say that 3x fast. :P

Helen

Quote from: Homer on January 07, 2006, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: Helen on January 07, 2006, 05:20:07 PM

Say that 3x fast. :P

I tried with no success, lol.  :P

bobby

their gonna need more than 3 points of offense to beat seattle next week

SexySagittarian

Homer

I can't believe Sean Taylor spit in Michael Pittman's face. That is the ultimate sign of disrespect. I don't care what Pittman said. There is no excuse for spitting on another person. :-\

Go Cavs!

So that is the second time he spit another different player. Last year he did to T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Pittman should been ejected as well for hitting him in the face after the spit. Why not? hitting back suspends too. Like in school.

I remember Bill Romanowski spit on J.J. Stokes, Moises Alou spit on umpire. Who else? Maybe Bart spit on Moe too?  :D

Hey you dont see me getting suspended for peeing on someones cheerios  O0

LOL

Helen

Brady and the Patriots are looking pretty good.  8)

Homer

Quote from: ReyMysterious on January 07, 2006, 06:17:26 PM
So that is the second time he spit another different player. Last year he did to T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Pittman should been ejected as well for hitting him in the face after the spit. Why not? hitting back suspends too. Like in school.

I remember Bill Romanowski spit on J.J. Stokes, Moises Alou spit on umpire. Who else? Maybe Bart spit on Moe too?  :D

Hey you dont see me getting suspended for peeing on someones cheerios  O0

LOL

I would have had no problem with Pittman getting ejected either. In fact he should have been. I don't see how the ref couldn't have seen it. I was not aware Taylor had done this before.

justahumping

I am still in the dark over this one.  I think there should have been some "spit" on his face for more than just ONE judge to see.  and if he did spit in his face and this is number 2. I would trade him....... If anyone spit in my face, there would be a fight right then and there.   >:D    I was watching the game and it just did not seam right to me. But I was not on the field so see it?.....  However, I do not think that a player should be ejected for hitting someone that just spit in his face.  I mean this is NOT school yard football. What would your first reactions be if someone spit in your face?  But that is just my thoughts.

Helen

Anyone spitting in my face would be choking on his teeth. They sports announcers said he will be getting fined but probably not suspended. They have mixed opinions on his suspension. Football is big business and sad to say, he probably will not be suspended and he knows it.

Go Cavs!

I remember it was stupid that Fred Miller and Olin Kreutz got in a fight too. I dont even know who won LOL.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview