Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL PLAYOFFS

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

Quote from: Helen on January 11, 2006, 09:19:16 AM
The only team I think will lose is Washington only for the fact that you can't score 3 points on offense and expect to win a game. You can't depend on your defense to do the scoring for you, lol.

But Helen...Remember the (1999,2000,2001???) Baltimore Ravens?  Defense wins championships...  and its not like Washington doesn't have Clinton Portis and Santana Moss...  Like i said, that was a shaky game for me too...   ;)

Helen

Foxx, I agree with what you say but you can't depend on your defense to score for you every week. Like I said before though, in the play-offs, anything can happen, lol.

SaintHiρρo

Let me quickly throw out my picks for this weekend so I can say I got 1 right on Monday!

'Hawks swooping down and tearing apart the 'Skins
The bucking Broncos toss the Patriots off their backs!
Colts in a CLOSE game over The Steelers (Colts won't cover the spread!)
and my team: The Panthers all over Da Bears in a blow out ala The Little Giants!!!!!!!!

RC

I would have to agree with all of SaintHippo's picks. Washington's win streak is gonna come to an end.. you know you are lucky to still be playing when your QB goes 7-15 for all of 41 total passing yards.. so you think they must have been running up and down the field all day, but the entire rushing game totaled less than 100 yds. For Tampa not to win that game, had to be some weird fluke and they gotta be kickin themselves in the rear for not winning when the Skins did so little on offense. They will go into Seattle and get torn apart. New England was impressive in beating a 12-4 Jax team, but they were at home, and they aren't gonna have that advantage anymore. Denver is unbeaten at home, and I think it stays that way, with them beating NE. Pittsburgh did eventually take care of Cincy, but it was close for awhile, and with Cincy having to go without their #1 QB for all but 2 plays. Gonna be a lot tougher to take care of the Colts in their dome.. I think Indy wins it, and this could have the possibility of being something like a 37-34.. 37-31 kinda game, lots of scoring with not much attention to the defense. And one thing I will disagree with SaintHippo about is the Carolina-Chicago game.. I do like Carolina to win it, but think it will rather be a close, low scoring game. Both teams have good defenses, especially Chicago, but I think the Panthers will have just a little too much for the Bears to stop. Could be 14-6, 17-9, something around there.

But what do I really know.. I only picked one of the first games right, and that was Carolina.. so if the majority of these are wrong, I'm gonna blame it on SaintHippo, since he posted them first  O0

Monkey

Quote from: BluRaven on January 09, 2006, 06:43:09 AM
Poor Steelers...one week of joy. Then, the mighty Colts shatter the dreams of the Bus. Don't get me wrong, I like Pitt, but Indy is too good.

Denver better show up against the Patsies...God I hate N.E.  >:(

Well I hate Denver and will be laughing when they lose. :P. Actually I don't really hate Denver, I hate whoever the Patriots play that week. :D

And unlike most people, I would go out on a limb right now and say that Pitt will upset Indy. The Bus doesn't want to go, so he'll be playing his heart out, and I think everyone will on the Steelers FOR him.

I actually think that Seattle is gonna get upset too, and I think Carolina will win

Helen

Quote from: RC on January 12, 2006, 03:17:15 AM
I would have to agree with all of SaintHippo's picks. Washington's win streak is gonna come to an end.. you know you are lucky to still be playing when your QB goes 7-15 for all of 41 total passing yards.. so you think they must have been running up and down the field all day, but the entire rushing game totaled less than 100 yds. For Tampa not to win that game, had to be some weird fluke and they gotta be kickin themselves in the rear for not winning when the Skins did so little on offense. They will go into Seattle and get torn apart. New England was impressive in beating a 12-4 Jax team, but they were at home, and they aren't gonna have that advantage anymore. Denver is unbeaten at home, and I think it stays that way, with them beating NE. Pittsburgh did eventually take care of Cincy, but it was close for awhile, and with Cincy having to go without their #1 QB for all but 2 plays. Gonna be a lot tougher to take care of the Colts in their dome.. I think Indy wins it, and this could have the possibility of being something like a 37-34.. 37-31 kinda game, lots of scoring with not much attention to the defense. And one thing I will disagree with SaintHippo about is the Carolina-Chicago game.. I do like Carolina to win it, but think it will rather be a close, low scoring game. Both teams have good defenses, especially Chicago, but I think the Panthers will have just a little too much for the Bears to stop. Could be 14-6, 17-9, something around there.

But what do I really know.. I only picked one of the first games right, and that was Carolina.. so if the majority of these are wrong, I'm gonna blame it on SaintHippo, since he posted them first  O0

I love your logic!! Think I'll go with you on your picks too, lol.  O0

RC

Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on January 12, 2006, 04:34:43 AM

Well I hate Denver and will be laughing when they lose. :P. Actually I don't really hate Denver, I hate whoever the Patriots play that week. :D

And unlike most people, I would go out on a limb right now and say that Pitt will upset Indy. The Bus doesn't want to go, so he'll be playing his heart out, and I think everyone will on the Steelers FOR him.

I actually think that Seattle is gonna get upset too, and I think Carolina will win

This is the NFL Playoffs.. this is one-and-done territory.. it doesn't get anymore crucial than that. If a team needs to play for anything else besides that, like "for the Bus", then they have problems to begin with. You shouldn't need any more incentive than the fact that it is the playoffs and if ya don't win, you're on your extended vacation earlier than other teams.

And Seattle may indeed get upset.. eventually.. but it can't be against the Skins. If Washington wins again, then they must have all been helpin little old ladies cross the street or somethin to be that smiled upon.

foxx

Quote from: RC on January 13, 2006, 12:52:37 AM

This is the NFL Playoffs.. this is one-and-done territory.. it doesn't get anymore crucial than that. If a team needs to play for anything else besides that, like "for the Bus", then they have problems to begin with. You shouldn't need any more incentive than the fact that it is the playoffs and if ya don't win, you're on your extended vacation earlier than other teams.

I don't believe that the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing "for the Bus"...I do think the team wants to win the Superbowl...but the amount of love that team has for Jerome is indescribable.  Every team wants to play hard, wants the trophy, wants the ring.  But the Steelers really want to be able to hand that Trophy to Bus...because he is an inspiration to all of them.  I feel the same way about the Colts right now.  I think that team really wants (as an added drive) to give Tony Dungy some joy considering the pain he has endured this year. 

A team with added incentive, besides the obvious "championship", is a team to be reckoned with.  I think that is all anyone was trying to say.

nanners

STEELERS

Our father, who art in Pittsburgh, football be thy name. Thy Kingdom
come, 4 Super Bowls won, on earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this day a playoff victory, and forgive us our penalties, as we defeat those who play against us. And lead us into a victory, and deliver us to Detroit.  Amen

foxx

Quote from: nanners on January 13, 2006, 09:46:02 AM
STEELERS

come, 4 Super Bowls won, on earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this day a playoff victory, and forgive us our penalties, as we defeat those who play against us. And lead us into a victory, and deliver us to Detroit.  Amen

LMAO...That is fantastic...Thanks... :D

nanners

Your welcome.. my daughter in kentucky sent that to me..thought you all might like it :)

Helen

STEELERS

Umm, not sure how to take that one, lol.

harley89

I have been following the Steelers since the 70's. SO STEELERS RULE

BoJangles

Pittsburgh can't seem to win the BIG one.  Coach is really nice man, but time for him to go. ;D

Bree

STEELERS
come, 4 Super Bowls won, on earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this day a playoff victory, and forgive us our penalties, as we defeat those who play against us. And lead us into a victory, and deliver us to Detroit. Amen

That was cute nanners....you go girlfriend!!!!

Helen

I'm getting ready for kick-off for the first game. Wish it would hurry and get here, lol.

nanners

I thought it was cute and I don't even like football. LOL.. I am a racing person. O0

Helen

Quote from: nanners on January 14, 2006, 10:46:38 AM
I thought it was cute and I don't even like football. LOL.. I am a racing person. O0

You don't like football?? Oh my!!

ME4SPADES_

omg dont like football im coving my eyes on that one lol i love football no one bothers me on me watching i get alittle mad when they ask me thing during the game and on super bowl i come in my office and  i have all the stuff i need and i lock the door with a sign enter at your own risk lol  8) 8) now if i can just move the bathroom in here lol

nanners

LOL..I didn't mean to shock you all..BUT there are other sports.. vroooom! haha! ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview