Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL PLAYOFFS

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

Helen

Quote from: foxx on January 14, 2006, 09:24:53 PM
Quote  INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts cornerback Nick Harper's wife was jailed Saturday night on charges of cutting him with a knife, a sheriff said.

Hamilton County Sheriff Doug Carter said Daniell Harper, 31, was being held without bond on charges of battery with a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.

Nick Harper was treated for a knee injury at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. His injuries were not life-threatening, Carter said.

Harper, a starter, was listed as questionable for Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Earlier Saturday, Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said Harper had required stitches in his knee following an "accident." He said he had no other details.

Kelley told The Associated Press later that he had gotten his information from Colts officials.

"There was not an accident," Carter said. He said Harper and his wife had been involved in a fight.

Harper, 31, was arrested in June on a domestic battery charge after police said he hit his wife.

I know I am tired but...

Here's where the NFL gets me.  This guy, who has had previous charges against him for DV, would be on the field tomorrow if his knee would allow.  But TO (and trust me, I am not trying to legitimize TO's actions) gets barred from playing for "Conduct Detrimental to the Team". If beating your wife is not detrimental conduct...then we live in an effed up country.

That report came on right after the game.

I'm not taking sides for TO or against him but the fine line they are drawing is "detrimental to the team" and what Harper did was not against the team. Like you said, it's effed up!!

Helen

Quote from: foxx on January 14, 2006, 09:25:47 PM
Quote from: Helen on January 14, 2006, 09:23:34 PM
You're quite welcome. I guess you know it's down at the Waterfront, right? Oh, when you walk in, look immediately to your left, at the circular booth at the end of the row of booths. That's where Big Ben usually sits, lol.

LOL...loving you! 

Do you hail from the 'burgh?  Or just your daughter? 

I'm originally from Cleveland and live in a suburb of Youngstown now. My daughter's job took her to Pittsburgh. She lived in the Greentree are until she bought her house in Cranberry Township. She has shown me many sites in the Pittsburgh area and I've gotten to know it pretty well.

Happy hunting.....lol. Oh, if you need more locations where they hang out, let me know.

RC

I'm thinking he would actually have to be convicted of something first before the team could punish him somehow, legally.. like Helen said, it had nothing to do with the team so they can't say that. And since he was arrested in June and still played the season, I'm assuming he didn't really do any jail time. Not to mention, from this article, it sounds like the wife is an aggressor too, using deadly weapons against him.. doesn't exactly sound like a happy home. How bout getting a divorce instead of trying to beat each other up or kill someone.

Helen

I totally agree RC. Sounds like divorce would be the answer before someone really gets hurt bad.

foxx

Quote from: RC on January 14, 2006, 09:39:50 PM
I'm thinking he would actually have to be convicted of something first before the team could punish him somehow, legally.. like Helen said, it had nothing to do with the team so they can't say that. And since he was arrested in June and still played the season, I'm assuming he didn't really do any jail time. Not to mention, from this article, it sounds like the wife is an aggressor too, using deadly weapons against him.. doesn't exactly sound like a happy home. How bout getting a divorce instead of trying to beat each other up or kill someone.

Doesn't exactly work that way...If my husband beat me up on a regular basis, and I thought I had no options (because I am sure that is where she is...)  I might knife him too.  Good thing I have a husband who is not a batterer.

foxx

Quote from: Helen on January 14, 2006, 09:33:12 PM
Quote from: foxx on January 14, 2006, 09:25:47 PM
Quote from: Helen on January 14, 2006, 09:23:34 PM
You're quite welcome. I guess you know it's down at the Waterfront, right? Oh, when you walk in, look immediately to your left, at the circular booth at the end of the row of booths. That's where Big Ben usually sits, lol.

LOL...loving you! 

Do you hail from the 'burgh?  Or just your daughter? 

I'm originally from Cleveland and live in a suburb of Youngstown now. My daughter's job took her to Pittsburgh. She lived in the Greentree are until she bought her house in Cranberry Township. She has shown me many sites in the Pittsburgh area and I've gotten to know it pretty well.

Happy hunting.....lol. Oh, if you need more locations where they hang out, let me know.

LOL...your daughter lives 10 minutes from me...I work in Cranberry...lol.  Small World.  And thanks for the stalking assistance...I will be sure to check back in with you on that... :-*

Helen

OMG, yes it is a small world. She's off Freedom Road, you anywhere around there?

Go Cavs!

YES! the Patriots finally lost their ass! GO BRONCOS!

babygurl424

That game last night was AWESOME!!  tom brady got his ass kicked!!!!!!!  bout frggin time baby!!  and hey foxx, i am not far from you..when you go to stalk, uh i mean meet ben ( >:D) let me know..i may just have to come along!!  a year ago in february i took my sons (7 and 6 weeks) at the time to dick's in robinson to meet the bus..my 7 yr old was n total awe!!  i have pics..jerome was so into my 6 week old it was cute!!  he had on a little steelers outfit and bib and jerome was all like "oh look..my littlest fan!!"  it was great!!!  I hope the steelers pull through today..GO BABY GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen

Quote from: babygurl424 on January 15, 2006, 06:25:40 AM
That game last night was AWESOME!!  tom brady got his ass kicked!!!!!!!  bout frggin time baby!!  and hey foxx, i am not far from you..when you go to stalk, uh i mean meet ben ( >:D) let me know..i may just have to come along!!  a year ago in february i took my sons (7 and 6 weeks) at the time to dick's in robinson to meet the bus..my 7 yr old was n total awe!!  i have pics..jerome was so into my 6 week old it was cute!!  he had on a little steelers outfit and bib and jerome was all like "oh look..my littlest fan!!"  it was great!!!  I hope the steelers pull through today..GO BABY GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have something personal against Tom Brady that you were so excited to see him get his butt kicked?? Last time I looked, 11 players took the field and they either win/lose the game as a team. Yes, the Patriots lost and the Broncos won but taking joy in seeing a player possibly getting hurt is just wrong. I don't ever like seeing that happen.

Hope both of today's games are good ones!!! 

pogohatesme

Eagles Fan

*Angel*

*Angel*

ME4SPADES_

well even thou some uf us love the game my family stay away forme when there is a game and bowl they find some where to go i have friends coming over taking hubby familyroom from him and watching it on the big screen poor hubby oh well thats tuff :D

Eagles Fan

Quote from: *Angel* on January 15, 2006, 10:13:08 AM
Football GO AWAY!   >:(  :o LOL
Nooooooooooooooo!  I go through a state of depression when football is over.  LOL :'(

ME4SPADES_

think i posted it earlier i take mine and then watch them in the summer when it rains outside something to do when you cant go outdoors

PunkInDrublic

I know it's still early in the game, but... GO STEELERS!!!!!! 7-0!!!! I Love It  ;D

pogohatesme

Quote from: nightperson on January 15, 2006, 10:20:05 AM
think i posted it earlier i take mine and then watch them in the summer when it rains outside something to do when you cant go outdoors

Hmmmmm.....sounds like a case for NFL Annonyomous lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview