This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stranded Miners

Started by Monkey,

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

Any word on if the stranded miners in WV are out yet? I can't seem to find any news online. My local news said they might reach them at 1 AM, but that was four hours ago.

nanners

good moring..they are almost done drilling down to lower a device to reach the miners. i have a pitts station on right now..that mine had many citations in 05. my prayers are for their saftety..
here is a link about them..hope is ok to post it here

http://www.kdka.com/

Monkey

PB On The Run

My prayers are going out to the stranded miners also.  My dad worked in the coal mines for years here in PA & finally retired.  The Quecreek mine miracle here in PA shows that a miracle may also be in the works for the WV miners.  I also worked here in PA for 17 years in a limestone mine.  My heart goes out to the waiting families in hopes they will be joined with their loved ones soon.

nanners

Just was an up date on the miners. Doesn't look good. Carbon monixide levels are very high.
My heart goes out to all those trapped and their families.. God bless them all..

Tamelia

The mine is only about 2 hours from me...Its close to where my aunt has her farm. My father in law (along with my grandfathers) worked in the coal mines for years... he hopes they rescue them soon, before the carbon monoxide takes their lives.

Nice way to start 2006 out huh?

CindyLouWho

My heart & prayers are with those minors & their families.  I've lost couple relatives to those mines & have couple thats gotten serious injuries working in them.  I sure hope they find them all soon & they are safe. 

crankycook

My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the miners. Just heard an update, they have found one body, lets pray that the others will be found safe, one life is one to many.

Bree

My Heart and Prayers go out to the Miners and there families of West Virginia.

bubblegum

cnn just reported that the red cross has confirmed they found the body of one of the miners

Laurie-Anne

What an awful way to start the year. My prayers also go out to the miners and their familes.

CindyLouWho

Its on the news now, 12 of the minors have been found alive but haven't been brought up yet.  So very sad tho that the one was found dead. 

caroline196

ive just heard that on the news in the uk.that is great news O0
my heart goes out to the miner that lost their life :'(

Eagles Fan

Quote from: CindyLouWho on January 03, 2006, 08:57:22 PM
Its on the news now, 12 of the minors have been found alive but haven't been brought up yet.  So very sad tho that the one was found dead. 
That is great news.  Just goes to show you what prayers will do.  My heart goes out to the miner's family that didn't make it.

Lish

i know I heard that- someone came into the pogo room I was in to tell everyone LOL  I am so glad for the families.

Eagles Fan

It was just on that the they expect them to be out in about 30 minutes. 

Momma

Eagles Fan

OMG It just came over CNN that only 1 miner is alive.  Just terrible.  Please pray for these families

CindyLouWho

omg yes i'm watching it now, thats so awful after all those families getting their hopes up

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview