PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:56:31 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

stack' em problems

Started by butch1286,

Previous topic - Next topic

butch1286

anybody know why stack em is freezing going slow and all that?

Tamelia

mine was doing it earlier...but then I ran window washer...logged back in and it ran just fine.

someone in the room i was in, was having the same problem with it running slow.

DeadSet

Window Washer is a nice little utility. Especially if you use Sun, cleans cache and all that. It also cleans the cache in I.E., Firefox, Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera, you can also customize it to wash certain programs you might have on your machine (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Bearshare, ZA, etc.) If I'm ever having trouble with my browser or a game, cleaning the cache is most likely the culprit.

-dS

justahumping

Quote from: butch1286 on January 05, 2006, 03:09:24 PM
anybody know why stack em is freezing going slow and all that?

I have that problem and reboot my computer.  however, when you reboot, leave the computer off for a full minute

kgansor

ive heard so many people complaining about it while i was finishing it up but ive never had a problem with it thank god. and thank god im done with that game too.

*Angel*

justahumping

I think all the new games are laging on me. BUT, all I have is dial up too.

*Angel*

That could play a factor.  I have cable and Stack Em still lags though.

undercoverangel

If I could offer a tip here.  I run cleanup on my system all the time.  But when it came to stack em, I had a lot of problems with the game freezing up.  Most annoying thing ever.  I went in to tools/internet options/temp files/delete files.    This is for IE.  For Firefox it is tools/options/privacy/cache/clear cache now.  Then went back into the game and had no problems with freezing and finished the challenge rather quickly, and that was by hand.  I can only imagine how fast the auto would have done it!  cleanup is a good little program, but I am finding that it does not quiet get rid of everything.  Just be away that doing this will take away the history of the pages you view, so you will have to log back into pogo/PC and anything else you store you password on.

Da Angel

Helen

Quote from: *Angel* on January 08, 2006, 03:34:20 AM
That could play a factor.  I have cable and Stack Em still lags though.

Same here Angel. I don't understand why though. Glad I'm done with the game and will only have to contend with it for challenges.

justahumping

Quote from: undercoverangel on January 08, 2006, 06:29:33 AM
If I could offer a tip here. I run cleanup on my system all the time.
<SNIPED>
Just be away that doing this will take away the history of the pages you view, so you will have to log back into pogo/PC and anything else you store you password on.

Da Angel

Thanks Angel.  I will not be using cleanup now. I am just to lazy to type in my password..... lol
But really. thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview