PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 02:33:00 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

This is killing me!

Started by justahumping,

Previous topic - Next topic

justahumping

Quote from: undercoverangel on January 06, 2006, 03:35:38 PM
I can be a little annoying, but the reason is to help protect the members of PC. Hopefully keep Pogo spies from finding out who is who. Good luck to all of you trying to reach the 50. ;D

I never thought of that. Good enough reason for me.................

sassygal

I promised myself I'd post three messages or more today just working towards getting up to my 50.
Give me a challenge and I'll aim for it. lol

langtma532

Thanks to everyone that replied for me.  I appreciate it.  Woohoo, another post, lol.

ME4SPADES_

Eagles Fan

Yes RC  I have helped alot of people this week with spades and have used the PM alot so I could give them information for pogo.  I think the PM is great if you are willing to help them get there badges.  I think just in the forum alone, I have helped 6 people here this week get there badges.  I enjoy helping them and actually look forward to someone needing help and that is the only way they can get any info from me.

RC

I totally understand the need to PM in order to exchange Pogo info so that you can meet up for help or whatever.. and the need for privacy of the IM names (although one could always make up a "dummy" name that is not your regular everyday IM name and use it just for such occasions). The way I figured it was, that when someone comes here, settles in and contributes with posts, gets to know some of the people, etc., then they would probably feel more comfortable sharing Pogo information with another.. remember this is a cheat site, so for someone to give their info to a new member who just made their first post asking for help winning a badge or something, that would seem a little suspect or risky to me. I'm certainly not against anyone wanting to help out others, but just because someone joins this forum and asks politely does not mean they are the nicest and most honest person around.. and I'm not speaking of anyone or any certain posts in particular, just in generalities.

And by the way, I wasn't offended by the multiple posts of people just wanting to up their number, but if the people of this site wanted just everybody and anybody to be able to use the PMs, there wouldn't have been a set number to begin with.. that is the only thing I had against it. But apparently it's ok to them, so no biggie.
As for this quote: 
Quote from: adamsmom on January 07, 2006, 10:44:25 AM
sorry if u dont like it, but i for one dont really care what u think, im just trying to lend a hand  ;)

If that's how you really feel and speak to members in a forum where most people are helping one another out, then perhaps you may want to rethink how you go about that. If I saw someone asking for help, and saw them elsewhere say "but i for one dont really care what u think", then what would be my purpose in trying to help that person?

Country Lady

I agree with RC.  It is risky to give out your pogo info to help someone that you don't know.  For all we know they coulld wear one of those 'stars' on pogo.
Caution is a good thing.
Helping people is great, but please use caution.
Making them stick around long enough to get 50 post is a good idea.

justahumping

The only reason I started this subject was to try and get my post up to 50 to where I could answer a couple of pm's that I had. No other reason at all. I am not trying to get anyone to give me their info or anything like that. One of my pm's had nothing at all to do with pogo. it was about drag racing.  :D  I have my 50 now so life is good.  O0        Now I can go and cheat or loose in pogo.

*Angel*

Quote from: Country Lady on January 08, 2006, 02:53:12 AM
I agree with RC.  It is risky to give out your pogo info to help someone that you don't know.  For all we know they coulld wear one of those 'stars' on pogo.
Caution is a good thing.
Helping people is great, but please use caution.
Making them stick around long enough to get 50 post is a good idea.

I believe it has been changed to 25 now.

justahumping

:'(  story of my life, change it to 25 after I messed with so may people in here to get my 50.

*Angel*

Quote from: justahumping on January 08, 2006, 03:24:58 AM
:'(  story of my life, change it to 25 after I messed with so may people in here to get my 50.

LOL Sorry.

undercoverangel

RC, I am very glad you did not take offense to my post.  I was a little worried you might.  If you will notice, I said that I would help people out who have been around here for a while.  Not someone coming in posting for the first time for help.  I never really thought of creating a messenger name just for the purpose of being able to help others out.  Would you be allowed to post information like that?

SANATA

well i guess since u are new looks like no help for u for awhile ;D ;D ;D ;D

Helen

RC, I applaud you  :D  :D  :D for stating your position so eloquently.

undercoverangel

Sanata,
if you are referring to me, I have been a registered member of this forum since August of last year.  I was a reader for a good while before that.  When a person wants help, I tend to look to see how long they have been a member of the forum, not just how many post they have made.  Some people will post thank you responses to anything and everything and really rack up post in a short amount of time, so you can not go by post number alone.   ;)

themathfairy

~Ãutolovér~

One of these days I might make 2 stars  :P >:D **

Momma

OMGOSH Homer and Mayhem..what have ya done lol
You should know by now how competitive we are with the badges...
Now we have stars???

The stress...the stress...

gotta get a star gotta get a star gotta get a star gotta get a star gotta ....

lmao
hugs
momma

chez1

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview