PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 09:40:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Stranded Miners

Started by Monkey,

Previous topic - Next topic

twisted_ambitions

its sick,,those families were crying thanking god and celebrating the fact their family members are alive and now they crush them and stomp on what little spirit they had left..the news was so worried about getting the story first they made their own news to get it...they should be fined so next time they wait and get it right...

Eagles Fan

Quote from: twisted_ambitions on January 04, 2006, 12:10:01 AM
its sick,,those families were crying thanking god and celebrating the fact their family members are alive and now they crush them and stomp on what little spirit they had left..the news was so worried about getting the story first they made their own news to get it...they should be fined so next time they wait and get it right...
Well this time I don't think we can blame the media. It is just so sad and my hearts go out to those people.

caroline196

i find that disgraceful.all those poor families suffering then being told they are alive and then slammed with the news that they didnt survive
words could never describe how they feel

my prayers go out to every single family with this upsetting tragedy

bubblegum

pogohatesme

pogohatesme

Here's what they have to say about the lone survivor:

McCloy, 27, was "critically ill," according to Dr. Susan Long, who treated him upon arrival at St. Joseph's. Test results did not show the presence of carbon monoxide in his blood, she said, and he had no visible injuries.

Long told CNN Senior Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta she believed the miner was in shock, dehydrated and hypothermic. Hospital staffers warmed him up and gave him liquids, and his vital signs improved quickly, she said.

Olivia

nanners

Jackpotloser

Just so sad. How can they get the info wrong?
I went to bed with a smile,woke up with the news OMG.

Thunder

whatsmyname

This has saddened me and everyone I am close to. We have prayed from day one. Last night we phoned everyone we knew with the good news and this morning the phone calls with the sad news. One struck me the deepest. A 28 year old father of 3 little girls, as I myself am 28 and a mother of 3 little girls.

kgansor

My fiances friend was in the mine, hes the one who is in the hospital though, but i honestly dont see why the people are wanting to sue them, i mean yes, it was sad, but it happens ALL of the time, and it was an honest miscommunication on their part and they appologized for it, plus it wasnt their fault it happened, this kind of thing happens all the time, thats just the risk miners take and i think their families should always be prepaired.

bubblegum

Firs of all I am NOT being mean here, but only stating my 2 cents.  I really honestly feel for the family's of the miners.  I'm sorry for their loss.  Even though they are miners, they know the risks of walking into that mine every day, and so do their families.  But its still horrible what happened and that they died.  They and their family's are in my prayers tonight.

However, I don't think the families should sue for the miscommunication part. Yes it stinks what happened, big time.  They have every right to be upset.  But at the same time, no amount of money, no amount of lawsuits over miscommunication is going to bring their loved ones back.  No amount of money either.  However they may have something with the mine and all the safety violations they had in the past and if they had been corrected or not.  Anyway, bless those family's and I hope only the best for them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview