Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Substance abuse help

Started by holly222,

Previous topic - Next topic

*Angel*

Quote from: nightperson on January 10, 2006, 12:49:06 PM
has any1 heard from holly i hope she is ok have not seen her on here im a little worried if any1 has pm her are talk to her on let me know tyia

I sent her several PM's but did not hear anything from her.  I do hope she is okay..

Madonna

Personally speaking, I am a recovering alcoholic. I hit rock bottom and was in a similiar situation that was described here. Anyways, I went into a substance abuse program here in Alabama called Pearson Hall. It is located in Birmingham, and it is a state run facility, but the care you receive is impeccable. After I was discharged, I had the tools I needed to stay sober....and the courage to do so. This facility deals with all types of substance abuse issues, and it is well worth the effort it takes to succeed. The first thing, however, is that she has to give herself to the program wholeheartedly and make the decision that she is sick and tired of being sick and tired. It is a very hard journey to take, but the end result will be all worth it. I have now been sober 4 years from making the decision to make a change. And when I say change, I mean CHANGE....everything about yourself. The people you associate with, the places you use to go to to have "fun", your entire way of thinking and the way you handle life in general. I wish your sister all the luck in the world. If she has her mind made up to get help...all she needs is encouragement and people to stand by her. She is gonna be hurting bad at first...but the pain will eventually leave her, if she allows it to. Just KEEP HER AWAY from her old stomping grounds. That is so many people's downfalls that are truly wanting and needing to recover. If, per chance, you would like the number to Pearson Hall, or any other facility closer to you, I will do everything in my power to help. I want to see her succeed!!! O0

Momof5

Madonna...I want to congratulate you on your recovery.  I have a family member that is an alcoholic but refuses to acknowledge it and get help.  It takes a lot of courage to realize you have a problem and then get help. 

Bree

That is so true, the person has to want the help to except it.  If she denies it and will not take responsibility for it then she will not get help.  I know from a reliable source that you can admit any person to a hospital in any State if they are suicidal/or thinking about ODing.  I do hope she get the help she needs and a new start in life.  I will keep her as well as all of you in my prayers.

Bree

Madonna

TY so much. I'm not gonna sugar coat recovery by no means...it is VERY hard and you get to a point where you want to give up. That's how substance abuse affects the mind, but it can be overcome. What opened my eyes was how my addiction was affecting the people who actually cared about me...my family and some true friends. I, too, had "friends" that i use to go to bars with and smoke weed with. Those people were NOT my friends. They didn't care if i lived or died, as long as they got to have their fun, and i was a part of their own destruction. It's true that misery loves company. People with addictions want someone...anyone...to wallow in misery with them. They call you their buddies, their family, their friends. These people are sick and only want to bring you down right along with them. I tell you, with friends like that, who needs enemies, right? It took me years to open my eyes and realize that any substance, whether it be alcohol, crack, marijauna,... anything, masks a person and turns them into someone they're truly not. Take away the substance, allow time for old wounds to heal, and you will end up seeing a truly wonderful person. Substances make you do things, say things, that are not really that person at all. They would never do those things if their judgement wasn't so clouded. I feel that there is beauty that lies in every human, somewhere, it just takes scraping away alot of layers to find it sometimes. But trust me...it's there.

pogohatesme

Holly: I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers while your going through this trying time...I'm glad that you have other family members and the people on this fourm to lean on for support....this definatly isn't something you need to go through alone.

Madonna

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 11, 2006, 03:35:19 PM
Holly: I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers while your going through this trying time...I'm glad that you have other family members and the people on this fourm to lean on for support....this definatly isn't something you need to go through alone.

Same here, Holly. If you ever need help in any way whatsoever....let me know. You and your family are in my prayers, and I hope that your sister realizes the pain she is causing...not only on the people around her, but to herself as well. I wish her the best of luck. ;)

ME4SPADES_

holly yvmw hun i do understand and i hope it goes good remember were here for you and your family and madonna wtg hun and keep up the good work i feel for any1 that goes throught this the thing i went throught was my son and went throught it 3 times over him but it was hard to tell him no more but he did wise up and doing fine been clean for 3 years and im so pround of him but holly my prayers are with you and your family

Madonna

I too am very proud of your son, Night. I wish him continued success.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview