Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

So...the monster is a big black cloud, eh?: Lost Discussion

Started by foxx,

Previous topic - Next topic

foxx

I am sure there are a few Lost-aholics out there...
Wasn't that episode just the best!  (Although a little too much Charlie if you ask me...)
Love Mr. Eko.
Where is Walt?

and really?  It's just a big black evil cloud? 

Momof5

I am a lost-aholic.  I love Eko as well, he took Charlies place as my fav.  I was reading in a magazaine that in real life Charile and Kate are madly in love!!
Why do you suppose the cloud didn't get Eko? 

Helen

Now remember, this is Lost we're talking about. Half the people landed on one side of the island and the other half the other side?
And all this time they never came across each other?? I must say I am intrigued though. As for the cloud, how did "Eko" (sp) ward it off??? lol

Helen

Quote from: Momof5 on January 12, 2006, 03:14:52 PM
I am a lost-aholic.  I love Eko as well, he took Charlies place as my fav.  I was reading in a magazaine that in real life Charile and Kate are madly in love!!
Why do you suppose the cloud didn't get Eko? 

I was wondering the same thing, why didn't it get Eko?

galaxy2010

foxx

Here's my new theory on the monster...

I DVR'ed the episode last night...and there were "faces" in the cloud.  After I freeze framed it, you could see it was his brother, him as a young boy, a woman (don't think we've seen her), and a crucifix.  So...I think the monster represents all the evil you have done in your life and once you confront it,and you are forgiven, you are "safe". (I believe Locke said something to the effect of he looked into the heart of the island and it was beautiful, when he saw it previously)....  Or Eko is so big and scary, even the monster backed down!  lol

Momof5

Quote from: foxx on January 12, 2006, 03:22:28 PM

I DVR'ed the episode last night...and there were "faces" in the cloud.  After I freeze framed it, you could see it was his brother, him as a young boy, a woman (don't think we've seen her), and a crucifix.  So...I think the monster represents all the evil you have done in your life and once you confront it,and you are forgiven, you are "safe". (I believe Locke said something to the effect of he looked into the heart of the island and it was beautiful, when he saw it previously)....  Or Eko is so big and scary, even the monster backed down!  lol

I agree 100% with your theory. O0

Helen

How strange is it that Eko crashed on the same island his brother did?

Momof5

Helen

Quote from: Momof5 on January 12, 2006, 03:38:33 PM
Strange is what this show is all about, lol.

Again, so very true. I live for the episodes where bad-boy Sawyer has his shirt off!! (and that's quite a few) lol

slidecage2222

Quote from: foxx on January 12, 2006, 03:22:28 PM

well remember also   they said    " he had no soul"    so he is pure evil   same as the dark cloud......   i think all of the faces you saw in the cloud showed all the evil deeds he did  , since  echo is evil  the cloud   didnt hurt him  since it was one of  the same

i think  very soon you will see a backstory on  Lock showing how he ended up in that wheelchair... I say he killed his  father (the dude who stold his kidney)  maybe he slammed into him with a car or something.. But you knew from season 1     Lock is  evil  .....  Remember the  game they was playing    THere was  white stones and black stones  (pure  vs evil)

Madonna

I think that the island is purgatory, as if you are being tried for all the sins in your life, and the cloud is a reflection of all the people you may have sinned against. There is something "biblical" intertwined in this series, or at least it has a biblical undertone to it...at least to me it does. The crucifix in the cloud clearly would represent the sins against God, and to fear whatever may come next on your journey. Since Eko clearly has no soul, then why should he be "tried"...his fate is already sealed. This is just something that has baffled me from the series beginning.

ME4SPADES_

ok what show and bout the black cloud fill me in on this sounds interesting

Helen

ME4SPADES_

this must be a great show to put "hocked" so is any1 going to tell me what show this is and what station it is on

Madonna

The show is "Lost", and it comes on ABC.

MommaT

One little word of advice...you may want to go out and rent the 1st season on DVD just to get some more of the back story --it's really really good and very addicting

I think one of my fav episodes was the one where sawyer had his shirt off and his pants were just about off his hips-- :o ;D got into trouble with the hubby on that episode  HAHAHA

With Eko--maybe the faces were those who were looking out for him and keeping him safe like guardian angels and were protecting him from the black smoke?? 

Also i loved the fact that Hurley was helping the shrink--they were so cute maybe they will get a story together--after all who better to be with a shrink than a former mental patient who hit the lotto

Momma T

Madonna

I must say, Momma, that what you said about the black smoke is a very good analysis. I must say, this is one show that definately promotes thought. It's a shame that there's very few that does that anymore. :-\

Helen

When I was in Hawaii this summer, I got to stand on the "golf course" they used in shooting those scenes.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview