PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:19:45 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Do Badges Go ALong With Transfer of POGO account?

Started by BoJangles,

Previous topic - Next topic

BoJangles

If you transfer your pogo account to another person, do they get your tokies and badges too, or do they haveta start all over?

Helen

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone else will jump in
that can help you out.

badgemad

not sure but last time i heard that you couldnt move your badges to another account but then this $30 scheme wasnt in then  ::)

Madonna

My husband just lost his account because of his sn...but i digress. They told him that they would transfer his tokens and 10 badges...none which could be ranks in games, special edition, or progress badges, to a new account. So the answer is...they will transfer 10 weekly challenge badges and all tokens, at least from the note he received. That may just be because he lost his account. I'll have to ask them about the 30 buck deal.

Jewel

Quote from: Madonna on January 14, 2006, 05:32:13 PM
My husband just lost his account because of his sn...but i digress. They told him that they would transfer his tokens and 10 badges...none which could be ranks in games, special edition, or progress badges, to a new account. So the answer is...they will transfer 10 weekly challenge badges and all tokens, at least from the note he received. That may just be because he lost his account. I'll have to ask them about the 30 buck deal.

Please let us know what you find out Madonna. What did they find was wrong with his sn? So many people are losing their sn's lately that it is making me worry about my own. It just figures that they won't transfer the good badges that we would all really wanna keep.  :(

Madonna

He had do do in his name...and they banned his account. They said it was vulgar. I'm still waiting for the e-mail back from pogo to find ut more about the 30 dollar deal.

pogohatesme

Quote from: Madonna on January 14, 2006, 05:32:13 PM

I didn't think they had a limit on how many badges they would do....I was under the impression that they would transfer all tokens and badges....with the exception of the rank badges.....which kinda makes sense.....

ME4SPADES_

Quote from: Madonna on January 14, 2006, 09:38:35 PM
He had do do in his name...and they banned his account. They said it was vulgar. I'm still waiting for the e-mail back from pogo to find ut more about the 30 dollar deal.

sry they banned is name i have seen some nasty name on pogo and there still there

Helen

You would think that when one applies for an account, they would immediately not allow anything they deem offensive.
Some of the people I have "talked" to have had their sn's for years and now all of a sudden they are offensive?

pogohatesme

Quote from: Helen on January 14, 2006, 09:51:12 PM
You would think that when one applies for an account, they would immediately not allow anything they deem offensive.
Some of the people I have "talked" to have had their sn's for years and now all of a sudden they are offensive?

I agree with you and nightperson.......I've heard stories of names that were banned after having them for a long time and they were really kinda silly, stupid, or funny names.....and I too still run into some names in the rooms that are completly vulgar....I have reported a couple of them.

Roseybud333

I agree with you. . . they can tell you if the name is already taken so why not tell you if it is offensive as well? Dang pogo get some common sense!

Madonna

Quote from: Roseybud333 on January 14, 2006, 10:38:19 PM

I agree with you. . . they can tell you if the name is already taken so why not tell you if it is offensive as well? Dang pogo get some common sense!
I had my name 3 years and all of the sudden it was deemed offensive??? Why even allow someone set up an account with an "offensive" name, keep it for years, put alot of hard work into that account, then snatch it away? And thennnnn, say you can transfer your tokens and 10 badges. What about the other 300+ that i had along with it. That is the most stupid thing I believe i have ever heard of in my life. If i find out who ever did report me, I will personally slap the taste out of their mouth. >:( Better yet, I will hunt them down in pogo and report them for anything i possibly can. Just out of pure spite. >:(

Roseybud333

bugsmom

dont mean to butt in- from what i read today because my friend wants to transfer her things- there is  under help info about transfering  if i find the link again i will let you know and figure out how to post it on here- they are doing transfers because some people selling their s/ns on ebay and ea  doing this so if theres ever a problem ea can help figure it out between the 2 partys i hope this helped  ;)

Helen

Quote from: daylight on January 17, 2006, 05:28:20 AM
Quote from: BoJangles on January 14, 2006, 04:31:18 PM
If you transfer your pogo account to another person, do they get your tokies and badges too, or do they haveta start all over?

if you transfer the acct, the other person takes control of it. so, yes, the tokens and badges come right along with it.  what you are doing is giving your account as is to someone else.

however, if you are thinking about transferring one or two of your accounts (with the idea that they can be COMBINED into one account), the answer is NO, you cannot combine two or more accounts into ONE account... you cannot pick a new s/n either and still keep the ranks, etc.

Very useful info for those that are interested in transferring/combining SN's. Thanks!!

badgemad

i got this reply from pogo hope it helps
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

We are sorry, but Screen names can never be changed. If you'd like to use a different name you can create a new account with the user name you would prefer. This also means that you cannot transfer your subscription from one account name to another. For example, if you have purchased a full year subscription for Club Pogo, you can not transfer Gametime from that account to another EA Member Name.

PS: You can not transfer Tokens/Badges between screen name or combine the Tokens/Badges from all of your screen names into one.

:o

Madonna

Let me get this straight. You can transfer your account to a perfect stranger and they get your badges, but you cannot create a new account for yourself and transfer your account stuff? That is absolutely STUPID. If you pay them 30 bux, it seems like you can do what you want with your account. >:(

bubblegum

Quote from: Madonna on January 17, 2006, 01:38:02 PM
Let me get this straight. You can transfer your account to a perfect stranger and they get your badges, but you cannot create a new account for yourself and transfer your account stuff? That is absolutely STUPID. If you pay them 30 bux, it seems like you can do what you want with your account. >:(

Okay I'm like really confused over this.  You can transfer an account for 30bucks, but you can't? Can someone clarify this for me? thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview