Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

DVD burning question

Started by Madonna,

Previous topic - Next topic

Madonna

Well good grief. You mean to tell me that CD-R disks work in a DVD Player...and plays movies??? And I went to all this trouble...for nothing. :o

slidecage2222

Quote from: Madonna on January 16, 2006, 10:33:52 AM
Well good grief. You mean to tell me that CD-R disks work in a DVD Player...and plays movies??? And I went to all this trouble...for nothing. :o

i didnt think you could put movies on  CD-r ... i was just moving some of my   VHS movies to  DVD  and    seems  DVDs only hold  2 hours per DVD??  so how could a  CD  hold a movie when its at least  10x smaller

Madonna

Quote from: slidecage2222 on January 16, 2006, 10:39:45 AM
Quote from: Madonna on January 16, 2006, 10:33:52 AM

i didnt think you could put movies on  CD-r ... i was just moving some of my   VHS movies to  DVD  and    seems  DVDs only hold  2 hours per DVD??  so how could a  CD  hold a movie when its at least  10x smaller
That's exactly what I was thinking. And too, I thought CD-R was only equipped for music. :-\

pogohatesme

Most of our movies are split onto 2 CD-R....and his wrestling that he downloads he burns onto 1 CD-R and they work for us  O0

slidecage2222

personally i dont see why people want   a  dvd recorder for their  TV..... its giving more more problems then its worth....  got this for 200 bucks for xmas present and  99% of the time i probally will never use the  recorder part of the system.... at least its under warrenty  till   Dec  21  2009  : )

holly222

Ok, ya'll got me curious......how can i tell if i have a dvd burner on my comp?

pogohatesme

on the face of my drive is says "cd-r" and "dvd rom" on it....most newer computers come with it in there..............

holly222

Madonna

It sounds like you can burn CD's, but no DVD's...I may be wrong though. Mine says CD rewritable/DVD ROM R/RW.

RC

If it's just DVD-ROM, it only plays dvd's, does not burn dvd's. You can still burn cd's if it's a combo drive that is a CD-R / -RW. It would have to be a DVD-R / -RW to burn onto actual dvd's. You can get other things onto a cd other than just music or pictures, but I wouldn't think there would be much room for big video files.. dvd would sure be better for that kind of thing.

pogohatesme

Quote from: RC on January 17, 2006, 12:13:41 AM
If it's just DVD-ROM, it only plays dvd's, does not burn dvd's. You can still burn cd's if it's a combo drive that is a CD-R / -RW. It would have to be a DVD-R / -RW to burn onto actual dvd's. You can get other things onto a cd other than just music or pictures, but I wouldn't think there would be much room for big video files.. dvd would sure be better for that kind of thing.

I think as long as you have a "cd burner" in your computer you can burn anything...it's more of the program that your using to actually format and burn the cd's

holly222

Downloaded a movie cant play it on dirx or media........any sudjestions.......

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview