PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:47:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

AOL members who play club games free

Started by Jewel,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewel

I heard a rumor that aol members who play club games free can no longer do so after Feb. 6.  Is this true?

Monkey

Not sure. I know that for the newer released games, AOLers can't play. It's a possibility. I wouldn't like it though. Mainly because in bingo I go in the Non-member rooms since there's fewer people. Thats the only good thing about it.

cranky

wow there are going to be some pissed of people lol but they don't have badges anyway so it shouldn't hurt that much. :o

BoJangles

pogohatesme

Quote from: Jewel on January 22, 2006, 02:04:36 PM
I heard a rumor that aol members who play club games free can no longer do so after Feb. 6.  Is this true?

If, and I stress IF, it is true...maybe it has something to do with the whole deal of them raising the prices for new members too

frumplebuns

Pogo is changing its rules for the AOL'rs who haven't paid for Club Pogo games. Starting in February, they will only be allowed to play certain games for free out of the Club Pogo list. Supposedly, they will rotate the titles available allowing the AOL'rs to try different ones during different months. My hubby plays for free with his AOL account and I play with my paid account. We can't see paying for both of us. Looks like soon he'll be playing as me . . .  :-[

Happy Gaming . . .

gigi

I think I said this in another thread a long time ago.  I'm AOL subscriber, but not an AOL pogo player.  I would rather pay for a membership on pogo then put my aol name out there with all the kooks.  I played with my AOL name before Club Pogo started and found out the hard way that it is really stupid to use your AOL screen name in public.

Jewel

pogohatesme

xtine

Well, seeing as how I pay for my cable connection in addition to my Club Pogo fees, I don't mind them losing access to the games. ;)

Now, if I could convince my techie roommate that we don't need the upgraded internet (another $20 a month), life would good. 8)

Fluffy756

I went on my aol account and check see what it had to say this what I got from pogo.

On February 7, 2006, AOL members' free access to Club Pogo™ games will be reduced. At that time, five exclusive Club Pogo game previews and all free Pogo™ games will continue to be available for play at AOL.

(it gave an aol web site address where you can play aol games diff from pogo games.) use keyword games to see what aol has.

Fluffy

HHCORY

yeah i started out a AOL user. but only a afew days into pogo i quickly changed over and bought the membership. i bet that the deal with AOL has really given Pogo a lot of memberships.

QueenofSaturn

Quote from: frumplebuns on January 22, 2006, 07:44:42 PM
Pogo is changing its rules for the AOL'rs who haven't paid for Club Pogo games. Starting in February, they will only be allowed to play certain games for free out of the Club Pogo list. Supposedly, they will rotate the titles available allowing the AOL'rs to try different ones during different months.

Yet another reason to hate AOL.....

SaintHiρρo

Here is an update from the EA/Pogo Site:

We've recently announced some changes in how AOL players will be able to access certain Club PogoTM Exclusive Game content. Here's a summary of the details of the announcement concerning how AOL players will be able to access Club PogoTM  content as part of their AOL membership.

What changes are happening to the Club PogoTM  games on AOL?
On February 7, 2006, AOL members' free access to Club Pogo games will be reduced. At that time, five exclusive Club Pogo game previews and all free Pogo games will continue to be available for play at AOL Keyword: Games and www.aol.com/games.

Can I play any Club PogoTM  games without having to join the Club Pogo™ premium service?
Yes! AOL members will be able to play a selection of five premium Club PogoTM games for free as part of their AOL membership. The selection will be rotated so you will always have a free preview of a variety of new and popular Club PogoTM games. In addition, AOL members will continue to have access to new free PogoTM games and old favorites such as Poppit!TM, First Class Solitaire, and High Stakes Pool.

How may I join Club PogoTM and continue to play my Club PogoTM  games uninterrupted?
Click here to join the Club PogoTM  premium service today with an annual subscription!

missminimouse

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 22, 2006, 03:59:59 PM
Quote from: Jewel on January 22, 2006, 02:04:36 PM

If, and I stress IF, it is true...maybe it has something to do with the whole deal of them raising the prices for new members too

now they raising prices for new members?    how much further they gonna make this go?

My personal thoughts on the matter.......never have thought it was fair that aol members play the same games we do for free.  When I first joined club pogo I was an aol member,  but had never played pogo through aol,  as I didn't even know I could untill I got on here.   So basically,  everyone who did pay for club pogo were just paying for the badges.   I'm thrilled to see that the aol members will now only get a preview of pogo,  and then have to buy it like the rest of us. 

pogohatesme

Yes starting in Feb. for NEW MEMEBERS ONLY the price will be something like 35 bux a year or 5 or 6 bux a month.  THIS IS FOR NEW MEMBERS ONLY.  NOTHING CHANGES FOR ESTABLISHED MEMBERS.

Iceman007

yes that is true.i believe it is feb. 7,but somewheres in the feb.5-9 range.pogo/aol just want you to pay for the games now.ohhh well.

TommySack

Does this mean that if you joined Club Pogo through AOL you won't be able to renew pogo with an aol screen-name? Or is it just for new AOL subscribers to club pogo? :o

pogohatesme

If you have PAID for the Club games through AOL you have no problem.  They're not going to stop you from renewing or anythign like that.  This is for the people who play the games through AOL without buying the club membership.  If you have an AOL account and don't buy the club membership you use to be able to play the club only games but not work for badges.  Now you'll only be able to play 4 or 5 at a time on a rotating schedule.

slidecage2222

I dont see why people are complaining about    POGO charging more money...  Hell if  EA never took over Ea games  99% of the people would be spending way more then  30 bucks per year...    I was paying  20-30  Per month  (300 per year) to play   AOL GAMES back in the mid 90s...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview