PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:38:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

You Cannot Be Banned For No Good Reason

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

I found this by accident............... I didn't even know Pogo had a letter-to-the-editor section.  It's probably a good thing because I probably would have only made a raving fool of myself.
However......................... (and I apologize if this has already been posted)........ I was pleased to read something from the "horse's mouth" about being banned for no reason:

Does Pogo™ Ban Without Reason?

Hi

I have a question... I was wondering if someone could falsely accuse someone of being offensive even if they are not and get them banned or does Pogo look through this before banning a person for being offensive in a Pogo chat room? I'm just being cautious and need to know how much protection we as members are getting in Pogo.

Just being cautious

Editor: Players use the Abuse Report Form to report abuse. Our Disciplinary Action Team looks at the abuse reports and the chat that has taken place in the room prior to the report. If there appears to be abuse, then the representative will take appropriate action. If, however, there is no abuse, then nothing is done. So, to answer your question-- if you are falsely accused, then you will not get warned, suspended or deactivated.

pogohatesme

As silly as it sounds, I'm sure Pogo always has a reason for banning someone.  If you didn't get an email about the reason you were banned you can always email them and ask them........I'm sure they always send out the emails to let people know why they were banned, it's just a matter of wether you have them in your address book or they go to your junk mail

Madonna

Well, that's a lie that pogo is telling. They can ban you for no really good reason...it's just whoevers panties are in a wad that day. Screen names that seem to be slightly off color...they will ban you in a heartbeat. I'm not talking of names that change 1 letter around so it's not to be offensive, I'm talking of stuff a little kid would say and some idiot reports you. The WILL ban you, and NO, you will not get warning. And it takes forever to even find out why you got banned.

gigi

Yes, I'm aware of Pogo banning ppl for their screen names (stupid rule).  What I thought was good about this is that is sounds like they actually do go back and read the chat if someone else in a chat room reports you.  For a while there ppl were reporting crazy and hardly anyone chats anymore because they are afraid some goofball who is bored will see their name and just report them for the fun of it.  So..... I guess that can't happen according to Pogo

Pogohates me:  They didn't notify me when I took advantage of the spider solitaire glitch.  Someone looked at all my badges and I got the 72 hour slap... was my own stupid fault... I didn't pace myself :-\

Madonna

Like I said in the forum before, my hubby got banned for having "do do" in his name. He was not chatting with anyone, and certainly doesn't use offensive language when he does. He got banned, because it was deemed "vulgar and obscene", which I've seen a million times worse on pogo, trust me. He got no warning, it just sayed you have been temporarily suspended. Temporary my foot. I asked them point blank WHY do they allow sn's with bich, chit, and worse? They don't get banned (i know, i've watched), yet he does? So someone had their panties in a wad and complained. And pogo prolly didn't even investigate, truth be told, and just pulled the plug on his account. They will ban you in a heartbeat with little or no cause, and you'll be the last to know...they ban you and then you have to beg them for an answer as to why it was banned. I know I keep ranting about it, but it doesn't seem right that something so trivial will cause you to get banned, but it will. They got their 30 dollars out of us...I hope they choke on it.

gigi

wow that sucks........ couldn't you have claimed it was an extinct bird and you are environmentalists?

BTW love your sparkley name O0

Madonna

Unfortunately, no. He used it in a context that I couldn't have pulled it off, but it still wasn't bad enough to get banned...it was childish on his part. The odd thing that really strikes me as odd...he was a pogo member for 4 years...so why ban him now? If they don't want certain screennames to be used, or certain words for that matter, why allow the screen names to be created??? That's STUPID! They have a profanity replacement option in chat, so why not apply that to sn...and input words that they deem offensive? They just do it to take your money, then ban you when they feel like it. >:(

Roseybud333

C~M

Well, here is my 2 cents on this...I was in a room in stellar back when e1 was getting to that bad rank of a ga-zillion crystals...lol...I had been to the news section and found the answer Pogo had made....well, I typed it in chat and someone musta reported me as impersonating a Pogo/EA Employee because I got the 72 hour ban.  I did fight it from start to finish and I did win and got 3 days credited to my account and the flag removed tho.

harley89

Pogo will do as Pogo wants But I have wanted to know how you can tell if someone is online playing and is a Pogo employee

C~M

you can't anymore, it used to be that they had to have a specific badge, but now that their names were given in alot of forums those s/n's are gone...most the time the pogo/ea employee doesn't even come in room...they get the report when someone sends it and with that report is like the chat log for like the last 50 likes or so...lol...if they feel that ou or whomever that was reported said something that violated their TOS then you get the dreaded 3 day/72 hour ban like I did, but all I did is type in chat exactly what pogo had told us in the news section and they finally had one employee who was big enough to realize they were wrong and fixed my account.

Iceman007

just play in an uncensored room as risks of getting banned are fewer.

pogohatesme

Quote from: Iceman007 on January 23, 2006, 07:02:33 AM
just play in an uncensored room as risks of getting banned are fewer.

LOL that's the only place where I'll play..only becuase it seems like more people talk in there, and sometimes I am playing by hand and like to talk to people O0

Mary

i got red flaged once for usein the b word on an oppt  ::) she called me names for over an hour in pino and finally i told her she was a b and she turned me in but funny thing pogo went and read the chat and red flaged her lol for all  the stuff she did also so remmeber no bad words  ::) never thought of uncensored rooms :o

harley89

I only play in uncensored rooms because usually the people are so busy talking they don't notice what your doing

foxx

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on January 23, 2006, 08:25:05 AM
I only play in uncensored rooms because usually the people are so busy talking they don't notice what your doing

Exactly.  They are too happy to be allowed to swear like drunken sailors to notice stats!

BoJangles

gigi

I've seen the word "red flag" 2x's in this thread.... can you actually see a red flag?

mailwench

::) ::) I got turned into pogo cops for saying "badge ho"!  Now I turn chat off in censored rooms  ::) ::)

pogohatesme

Quote from: gigi on January 23, 2006, 08:36:56 AM
I've seen the word "red flag" 2x's in this thread.... can you actually see a red flag?
I don't believe so...I think it just means they watch your account a little more closely than they normally would

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview