PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:52:46 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Phlinx Dilemma

Started by QueenofSaturn,

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenofSaturn

I have already googled it, but I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows of a Battle Phlinx cheat (or program) that can cause another player lag.  I was wondering this because whenever I was playing against a certain person, I was getting so much lag that I couldn't aim straight. Whenever I switched rooms (on the same server), the game played just fine.  Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance.
~QueenofSaturn   :)

pogohatesme

Sorry..can't help ya.....maybe it was a fluke...or it could have been something illegal ::)

Helen

Brandon493

wattsmyname

none that I know of. will see what I can find out for ya ;)

QueenofSaturn

Aww, oh well.  I haven't heard of anything like that either, but it was really suspicious, so I thought I'd ask.  Thanks anyway guys, and if you find anything out about it, I'd be glad to know!

QueenofSaturn

Thanks.  I mean though, is it just me, or has this happened to anyone else before?

BoJangles

;D The game allows players to send garbage to one other player.  They were apparently targeting you. ;D

Shady Lady

I don't play battle phlinx but have had a similar problem in poker. So much lag that I would time out and went to another table in the same room and no problem with lag.

QueenofSaturn

Quote from: BoJangles on January 23, 2006, 05:27:48 PM
;D The game allows players to send garbage to one other player.  They were apparently targeting you. ;D

I dunno, even when I do get a screenfull of stones, it never made me lag for entire games before... You're probably right about the targeting thing though.

AdDn8187

I was having trouble with battle phlinx lagging also.. was told to make sure I did not have any messengers on and also to clear out my temp files and cookies before starting to play.  I did and I have never had a problem since.  I wrote to Pogo and this was the advice they gave me.  They said the graphics on this game are very high and use alot of space so when i did the above I never have problems with any lagging. 

badgeaddict

what java are u using cause i know vm seems to lag for me.

frumplebuns

Battle Phlinx is memory intensive because of all the animated graphics. If the other player is on dial-up or on a slower computer you can and will experience lag. All of the other hints posted here are also in play (i.e. cleaning out the cache, cookies, etc.) and you don't know if the other person has been as careful as you and have cleared theirs. I used to lag when my daughter and I played certain games. Now that she is on DSL too, we no longer have the problems. Hope this helps.

Happy gaming!
;D

QueenofSaturn

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview