PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:40:53 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Really Off Topic but free is free!

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintHiρρo

This is going in the "Off-Topic" area because it really has no importance to anything...

I "left" XM radio today. Well, I really didn't leave but I made every attempt humanly possible to leave. I called them on the phone and said I'm want to deactivate my service since my next payment was tomorrow and I've already purchased and activated my Sirius radio. To my surprise (well not really), they gave my 3 free months to decide if I want to keep it. This brings me back to the time when I tried to leave AOL and they gave me 2 free months, I kept it 4 months (no I didn't forget, just didn't want to make the call) and when I called back to turn it off, they gave me another 2 free months. Same thing happened when my dad left Prodigy back when you couldn't get a real screen name but had letters and numbers instead (YNZ871A). They kept giving him free months of service. Letting me have those 2 months won't change my mind. All it means is now I can save up money to get my desktop Sirius stand for when I want to listen to it in the office.

In closing, it's great to get free items. Next time you're in that drive thru ordering your meal, remember to order a complex order (like add bacon but remove tomatoes and pickles or something), pull around to the front, get out the car and without the food (but with the recept), tell them they messed up the order. If you're not holding the food in hand, 60% of the time (yes that low of a number), they will "replace" the incorrect order and let you keep the food they messed up.

foxx

Great advice....

This same principle also works with credit cards...anytime you want a lower rate, fixed rate, bigger limit, etc. you just have to tell the company you want to cancel the card.  I had a card with a variable prime + 8.24% and decided I didn't want it anymore because rates were going up...called 'em up, told them i wanted to cancel....gave me 5.99% fixed.  It all depends on the length of time that you are with them, past defaults and such, but like saint hippo said...free is free...

:)

bobby

when i was at mcdonalds they messed up my order, but they usually take your food back (so cheap) so i usually will take a few bites out of it before i complain ;D

slidecage2222

Quote from: SaintHippo on January 24, 2006, 01:16:53 PM
This is going in the "Off-Topic" area because it really has no importance to anything...

I "left" XM radio today. Well, I really didn't leave but I made every attempt humanly possible to leave. I called them on the phone and said I'm want to deactivate my service since my next payment was tomorrow and I've already purchased and activated my Sirius radio. To my surprise (well not really), they gave my 3 free months to decide if I want to keep it. This brings me back to the time when I tried to leave AOL and they gave me 2 free months, I kept it 4 months (no I didn't forget, just didn't want to make the call) and when I called back to turn it off, they gave me another 2 free months. Same thing happened when my dad left Prodigy back when you couldn't get a real screen name but had letters and numbers instead (YNZ871A). They kept giving him free months of service. Letting me have those 2 months won't change my mind. All it means is now I can save up money to get my desktop Sirius stand for when I want to listen to it in the office.

In closing, it's great to get free items. Next time you're in that drive thru ordering your meal, remember to order a complex order (like add bacon but remove tomatoes and pickles or something), pull around to the front, get out the car and without the food (but with the recept), tell them they messed up the order. If you're not holding the food in hand, 60% of the time (yes that low of a number), they will "replace" the incorrect order and let you keep the food they messed up.

and how is  ripping off mcdonalds or any other company saying you got the wrong food when you didnt  is  RIGHT.. its called being a theif   and they should call the cops on you

bobby

pogohatesme

Quote from: slidecage2222 on January 24, 2006, 05:54:39 PM

and how is  ripping off mcdonalds or any other company saying you got the wrong food when you didnt  is  RIGHT.. its called being a theif   and they should call the cops on you

No big offense or anything but he is right.....it's kinda sad if your that hard up for free food that you would lie to them about your order to get more food.  That's why honest people have to pay 5, 6, 7 bucks these days to go out to eat.

holly312

persistence

I agree...lieing about food you didn't get and DIDN'T even order is not right.When I worked at Micky Dees and always worked the drive thru on the end that put the order together and gave it out cause I had such a good memory I would have ppl come back in and say that they didn't get something.I would tell my mgr. what was put in the bag that was on the screen and then ask the customer what they had ordered and what was his total......the mgr. would add it up and low and behold....I WAS RIGHT....either the person didn't order it or the person taking the order didn't put it into the machine.It got to the point my mgr. never questioned me and just told the customer that either he didn't order it or he never got charged for it and that took care of it.Unfortunetly his supervisor came in one day while me and the mgr. were argueing about it till I proved my point and because I was arguing with the mgr. I was never able to be promoted even tho I was right.Some ppl...you can never please them.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 24, 2006, 06:23:09 PM
Quote from: slidecage2222 on January 24, 2006, 05:54:39 PM

No big offense or anything but he is right.....it's kinda sad if your that hard up for free food that you would lie to them about your order to get more food.  That's why honest people have to pay 5, 6, 7 bucks these days to go out to eat.
Quote from: persistence on January 24, 2006, 08:07:06 PM
I agree...lieing about food you didn't get and DIDN'T even order is not right.When I worked at Micky Dees and always worked the drive thru on the end that put the order together and gave it out cause I had such a good memory I would have ppl come back in and say that they didn't get something.I would tell my mgr. what was put in the bag that was on the screen and then ask the customer what they had ordered and what was his total......the mgr. would add it up and low and behold....I WAS RIGHT....either the person didn't order it or the person taking the order didn't put it into the machine.It got to the point my mgr. never questioned me and just told the customer that either he didn't order it or he never got charged for it and that took care of it.Unfortunetly his supervisor came in one day while me and the mgr. were argueing about it till I proved my point and because I was arguing with the mgr. I was never able to be promoted even tho I was right.Some ppl...you can never please them.

Ok, so maybe some people didn't like my last comment about getting free food from a fast food joint (can't say I never have but I haven't done it in the last 4 or 5 years) but I do know a lot of people who are hard up for food and do pull something like this. The only reason I know for a fact that they do still give out the free food is because I typically order all my meals with something either added or taken out and when they do screw it up (the majority of the time), they're nice enough to replace it for free and let me keep the screwed up order (which I throw away because it typically contains cheese and i just refuse to EVER eat cheese). The original point I was making when I started the topic was how to get a few free months out of places like AOL & XM Radio. For anyone who I've offended with my fast food comment, I'm big enough (I am a hippo) to admit it was wrong to promote it.

foxx

I am with you Hippo...I always use the drive-thru at fast food joints...and they inevitably always mess up my order.  I once went through MCD's drivethru and ordered cheeseburgers with only ketchup.  I got home, opened the bag only to find that I had recieved buns with cheese and pickles!  Drove all the way back, took them inside...and they gave me the correct order and nothing else.  No "sorry this happened, can I give you a frickin coupon"...NOTHING.  They forgot the frickin burger for goodness sake!  I am not for stealing, but if they screw up my order....as long as there is meat on the "wrong" sandwich I am going to keep it.  Cause what are they gonna do with it?  Give it to a homeless person who needs a sandwich? Doubt it.

pogohatesme

Quote from: foxx on January 25, 2006, 05:45:59 AM
I am with you Hippo...I always use the drive-thru at fast food joints...and they inevitably always mess up my order.  I once went through MCD's drivethru and ordered cheeseburgers with only ketchup.  I got home, opened the bag only to find that I had recieved buns with cheese and pickles!  Drove all the way back, took them inside...and they gave me the correct order and nothing else.  No "sorry this happened, can I give you a frickin coupon"...NOTHING.  They forgot the frickin burger for goodness sake!  I am not for stealing, but if they screw up my order....as long as there is meat on the "wrong" sandwich I am going to keep it.  Cause what are they gonna do with it?  Give it to a homeless person who needs a sandwich? Doubt it.

I totally agree with that....I check my order while I'm sitting there at the window wether they care or not.  And if it's not right I make them fix it.  They only point I was making that it was wrong to go in and complain to get free food if nothing was messed up.

Roseybud333

If you are resourceful you can get lots of things for free  O0

PogoCrazyMomma

just wondering why did you switch? does sirius have more/better stations? I have xm and have thought of trying sirius, cause I like howard stern better than opie and anthony. but don't know how they compare. Any input for me?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: PogoCrazyMomma on January 25, 2006, 04:32:35 PM
just wondering why did you switch? does sirius have more/better stations? I have xm and have thought of trying sirius, cause I like howard stern better than opie and anthony. but don't know how they compare. Any input for me?

I switched from XM because of a) Opie and Anthony has NOTHING on Howard. They're annoying, not funny and a big waste of on air talent. Originally you had to pay for their program but due to lack of people actually purchasing their show, it was moved to be a free option. Still not worth it. b) Sirius doesn't replay the same songs all the time like XM does. Sure they might play a few new hit songs all the time but XM really went overboard with the same songs after same song after same song. 3) I liked their receiver better. I'm currently using the Sportster in my car and it's awesome. XM may have been 1st but they're going to be overtaken shortly because people who are testing Sirius on the internet are liking it better than XM!

Roseybud333

Well I have directv and I have like 78 channels of XM on my tv and I have to say it blows regular radio out of the water. Where I live we only have 2 radio stations so it's a nice change of pace.

PogoCrazyMomma

thanks. I just may make the switch your definitely right about opie and anthony vs. howard stern. I have had xm for a year and a half, if howard stern had already been with sirius I wouldn't have gotten xm at all back then!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview