This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chris Penn

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Cavs!

American actor Chris Penn died of natural causes, according to the Los Angeles County Coroners Office. The younger brother of Oscar-winner Sean Penn was found dead at his Santa Monica, California, condominium on Tuesday. Morticians carried out an autopsy yesterday and found no signs of foul play, although they are yet to determine the exact cause of death. Spokesperson Lieutenant Cheryl MacWillie says, "It appears to be a natural death." Examiners are believed to have linked Penn's weight to his baffling death - he weighed more than 270 pounds. Santa Monica Police Department spokesman Lieutenant Frank Fabrega has confirmed there will be no homicide investigation.

butch1286

No investigation because he is "large"  what if someone wanted to hurt him poisened him or something there are a lot of things that are hard to detect that someone could have given him if they wanted him dead. Maybe a obsessed fan? Wife? girlfriend? ex?

Madonna

I was thinking the same thing. He is awful young to have just died from "natural causes". He may be large, but I know of people much larger, older, and in poorer health than he was, and they're still alive and kicking. It just seems odd that someone his age wouldjust "drop dead" suddenly. :(

foxx

pogohatesme

Quote from: foxx on January 26, 2006, 12:12:19 PM
:'(  I loved Willard....

I didn't even realize that's who he was until I read it...he was my fav  too!  I do belileve though they have to wait 6-8 weeks for tox reports back...so that may shed some light on that area if it had anything to do with it

butch1286

There is a plant seed that can be ground up and given to someone if ingested it will kill them and will not be detected because it mimics other sicknesses and can not be traced unless looking for that specific poisen

persistence

It is sad that this had to happen to such a young person.But you know if they would just call in the CSI team from Las Vegas they will have the "WHO,WHAT,WHERE,WHEN and HOW within the hour."

pogohatesme

Quote from: R E Y on January 26, 2006, 08:45:52 PM
:'( I loved Willard....

who is willard?

Willard was what's his faces (OMG I really can't remember his name and too lazy to look it up right now) best friend in the movie Footloose

foxx

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 27, 2006, 03:40:01 AM

who is willard?

Willard was what's his faces (OMG I really can't remember his name and too lazy to look it up right now) best friend in the movie Footloose

Kevin Bacon's best friend....Williard was the one that learned how to dance...I love that movie!

pogohatesme

Quote from: foxx on January 27, 2006, 09:27:52 AM

who is willard?

Kevin Bacon's best friend....Williard was the one that learned how to dance...I love that movie!

lol I knew someone would come up with his name lol....It came to me at work today but I wasen't around a computer to log on and fix my post lol O0

foxx

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 27, 2006, 03:17:45 PM

who is willard?

lol I knew someone would come up with his name lol....It came to me at work today but I wasen't around a computer to log on and fix my post lol O0

How could you forget Kevin Bacon?  ;)  He's been in everything....Haven't you ever played "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon"?  Lol....

pogohatesme

Quote from: foxx on January 28, 2006, 08:55:02 AM
Quote from: pogohatesme on January 27, 2006, 03:17:45 PM

who is willard?

How could you forget Kevin Bacon?  ;)  He's been in everything....Haven't you ever played "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon"?  Lol....

Nope can't say that I have played that.........I just couldn't remember his name lol it's all good now

RC

Quote from: butch1286 on January 26, 2006, 07:05:07 AM
No investigation because he is "large"  what if someone wanted to hurt him poisened him or something there are a lot of things that are hard to detect that someone could have given him if they wanted him dead. Maybe a obsessed fan? Wife? girlfriend? ex?

I don't know how you get that there's "no investigation because he is large" thing. It stated they performed an autopsy and could not find signs of foul play, and also could not find a specific reason as to the exact cause of his death. Hence, they turn to his health and lifestyle as possible reasons. If you have to do a homicide investigation for everyone who ended up dead with no obvious causes, you know how much time and money that would waste with the outcome most likely ending up the same way it started? It's also been reported that he suffered from some kind of illness in the past as well as did mulitple drugs, any of which could have had effects up to the day he died no matter when or if he stopped them. The tox report could find anything, not just something to do with a homicide, it could tell if he had anything in his system that contributed to his death, even if accidental or natural. 

As for this quote:

Quote from: butch1286 on January 26, 2006, 09:01:22 PM
There is a plant seed that can be ground up and given to someone if ingested it will kill them and will not be detected because it mimics other sicknesses and can not be traced unless looking for that specific poisen
I don't know if perhaps anyone close to you should be wary to get on your bad side with your knowledge of such things.. maybe you watch too many crime drama shows or something, I don't know, but that was a tad odd. Especially to assume such things when nothing supports them at this stage.

missminimouse

Just my opinion,  but 270 lbs does not seem very large for a guy.   I mean,  I've never seen pics of him,  and maybe he was only 4 feet tall,    but I know plenty of guys who are about that weight and don't look unhealthy at all.    If you'd said he was 350,  400 lbs,  that would be alarming.    And I'm no doctor or anything,  but since when was weight a cause of death?  I mean,  sure there's complications due to eating too much fat,  etc.   Heart attack,  stroke,  etc,   but my mother is well over 300 lbs,  over 50 yrs old,  and still going strong.  If weight alone was a cause of death,  she'd have been dead ages ago.    Just my opinion.

butch1286

I like to read  ( true crime forensics)but dropping dead isn't just normal even if there no signs of foul play

RC

It may not be "normal", in that it's an every day occurence, but it's not abnormal either. There is such a thing as dying from natural causes, and you don't have to be elderly to do so. Poor health, where there may not be one specific reason, can still be a natural cause. And anyone can be in poor health, young and old.

RowdyOne

did they mention anything about Chris Penn having an Oversized heart? Thats the way Andre the Giant died if I'm not mistaken.

masters angel

Quote from: missminimouse on January 28, 2006, 02:54:16 PM
Just my opinion,  but 270 lbs does not seem very large for a guy.   I mean,  I've never seen pics of him,  and maybe he was only 4 feet tall,    but I know plenty of guys who are about that weight and don't look unhealthy at all.    If you'd said he was 350,  400 lbs,  that would be alarming.    And I'm no doctor or anything,  but since when was weight a cause of death?  I mean,  sure there's complications due to eating too much fat,  etc.   Heart attack,  stroke,  etc,   but my mother is well over 300 lbs,  over 50 yrs old,  and still going strong.  If weight alone was a cause of death,  she'd have been dead ages ago.    Just my opinion.

According to an article I read, Chris Penn died of a heart attack.  Talking about men vs women when it comes to heart disease, up to a certain age, men are more likely to develop heart disease because women are partially protected by oestrogen in their bodies.  Being overweight is a massive risk factor and the article I read had a brief description of the kind of food this person ate, which was quite shocking (2 steaks in one sitting with chips/fries and deserts and things) would make him quite likely to suffer heart problems.  I dont understand why when someone famous dies and it isnt from a prolonged and known about condition or a horrific accident people assume there must be more to it? people die of heart disease/attacks every day. its something like the second biggest killer (disease wise) in the western world.

Madonna

I think it all has to do with the type of lifestyle one has. If you live life in the fast lane and don't really take care of yourself, there's a greater chance of dying from heart disease. But at the same time, I have heard of athletes drop dead from heart attacks that supposedly were in great shape...and some were teenagers. So I guess it all depends on how your body is set up and how much the heart can take.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview