PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 04:01:03 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Netflix or Blockbuster online?

Started by pogohatesme,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bubblegum

yes I did read that-and yes I must admit were one of those customers that are being throttled.  Why?  Because we return the movies as fast as we watch them.  :(  Yet we really have no plans to cancel right now.  Yes it bites that for the new releases we get throw to the back of the line and yes we do have shipping delays as well for some of our movies.  However, at 19.57 a month for 10-13 movies and no late fees is a great bargin for us since we on a limited income.  It equals out still to about $1.00-$1.50 per movie.  Which is a great bargin since we can take our time watching it once we get it and don't have to worry about late fees.  Before Netflix, we'd watch maybe 4 or 5 movies a month and pay at least $25-30 a month in rentals and late fees because we forgot to return them until a day after they were due.  So for now, until something bigger better and badder comes along, were keeping netflix.  Blockbuster? well...I wasn't to impressed with them and still am not.

pogohatesme

I read the article too...and felt the same way that bubblegum felt.......We have TONS of stuff on our queues on both Netflix and Blockbuster so even if we don't get the newer things as quickly as we'd like we've still got tons of stuff coming....plus now BB gives us 4 free rentals, one a week........I'm still hooked on the fact that it's way cheaper and so much more easier than trying to fight the lines at the BB store to get movies for the weekend.

Homer

I don't do the movies but I save a fortune with the video games. :D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

slidecage2222

Anyone with  BB     have this weeks movies shipped yet....     they usually ship on monday but   they still havent shipped

pogohatesme

Quote from: slidecage2222 on February 13, 2006, 06:22:05 PM
Anyone with  BB     have this weeks movies shipped yet....     they usually ship on monday but   they still havent shipped

This week as in the new releases?  Because those never ship till after midnight.....

enonymous

i use netflix..we live 10 minutes away from distrobution center so we get them quickly :)

Although i do rent from a BB store when new releases come out on tuesday because theres always a wait for new releases on netflix ;P

then i copy the movies to my comp and burn em to DVD..take that corporate america!  :-X

Bree

I am a Blockbuster user and I love the movies they send me and they are faster than Netflix. :)

slidecage2222

Quote from: pogohatesme on February 13, 2006, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: slidecage2222 on February 13, 2006, 06:22:05 PM

This week as in the new releases?  Because those never ship till after midnight.....

I joined   back around  Jan 5  again and    all the new releases  shipped out on monday     ... this is the first week they shipped on a tuesday

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview