Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

GTA getting sued

Started by Go Cavs!,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogohatesme

Hah....I let my bf read that....he's down on the floor now diggin his game out to play again to see if he can find it lol...what do parents except when they let their kid buy/rent those types of games.  They are rated for a reason !

Homer

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 27, 2006, 03:19:56 PM
Hah....I let my bf read that....he's down on the floor now diggin his game out to play again to see if he can find it lol...what do parents except when they let their kid buy/rent those types of games.  They are rated for a reason !

The problem is because they hid the controversial material in the game it was not rated properly. It should have been given an Adult rating from the get go. I know someone who let his 12 yo daughter play the game. I wanted to smack him in the head. It's definitely not a game for 12 year olds. :-\

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

people should have known it had adult content based on the other GTA's

Homer

I haven't actually looked up the hidden content even though I still have the game but it supposedly goes beyond just the usual sex and violence the previous games contained. I agree though. It should be rated Adult to begin with.

hades

i dont even have the game lol.im not buying any new games until ps3 comes out which im anxiously waiting for.  ;D

Homer

Why buy? I rent from www.gamefly.com

For $20/month I can have 2 games out at any given time. It only takes 2-3 days for your game to come. I've gone through about 6 games this month. If I had purchased them it would have cost me $300+

bubblegum

I swear homer you and I must vist the excat same sites or something...I love gamefly...btw you visit netfix as well?  ::)

bra

to be honest, the **** in the game really isnt all THAT bad but stil shouldnt be in a video game

bra

I love the game and have vice city and san andreas

pogohatesme

Quote from: Homer on January 27, 2006, 05:17:07 PM
Why buy? I rent from www.gamefly.com

For $20/month I can have 2 games out at any given time. It only takes 2-3 days for your game to come. I've gone through about 6 games this month. If I had purchased them it would have cost me $300+

Cool Homer...thanks for another great site...my bf buys games a lot then beats them pretty quickly (they're mostly wrestling and sports games)...I'm gonna send him there to check it out!

adamsmom

i thought that was just a bogus rumor, but there's really a mod in the game that will let you actually "have coffee" with various girls.....my 20-yr-old- brother loves this game for that reason ::)

badgeaddict

they should just get over it. have u seen what u need to do to get this it takes about 5 hours of sitting thier and u have to buy something for ur ps2 so u can get the hot coffee mod. altho its cartoon and it should have a adult rating from the start if its gta u know its gonna have something like that in it.

adamsmom

yeah thats pretty sad  lol but i guess if ur ten and all your mom will let you do is play GTA well......whats a ten year old to do????*sigh*   lol    j/k

enonymous

and their just now suing em? after its been almost a year since it was discovered? oh btw..its only in the PC version and you have to "patch" it to make it show up..nobody has ever been successful to find it with the PS2 version.

but either way..

badgeaddict

u can get it on the ps2 version but im not gonna say how to on here.

pogohatesme

Quote from: enonymous on January 29, 2006, 07:02:17 PM
and their just now suing em? after its been almost a year since it was discovered? oh btw..its only in the PC version and you have to "patch" it to make it show up..nobody has ever been successful to find it with the PS2 version.

but either way..

Just so you know....the version they are suing over is the PS2 version.  Here is a quote from the article on CNN about the lawsuit:
"The game, released in October 2004, features characters that commit crimes such as murder, drug dealing and pimping.
The game also had an embedded "mini game" in which characters could engage in explicit sexual acts."

(http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.games/01/27/video.game.lawsuit.ap/index.html)

The PS2 version was the only one out in October.  The PC and the XBOX version didn't come out until June of the following year, June 7, 2005 to be exact.  (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/gta4/index.html)

bobby

they blame rockstar and sue them, it's not a parenting problem... oh no it's a video game problem
(ron white)

pogohatesme

Quote from: Redneck88 on January 29, 2006, 08:33:23 PM
people should stop throwing fits over everything look at all the sexual stuff on tv and everywhere you look now a days this is the future

Quote from: bobby on January 29, 2006, 08:33:39 PM
they blame rockstar and sue them, it's not a parenting problem... oh no it's a video game problem

Lol just watch music vidoes on MTV....sometimes they seem worse than the video game itself lol

bobby

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview