Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Useless Trivia!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

A rat can last longer without water than a camel.

A raisin dropped in a fresh glass of soda will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.

40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.

Every person has a unique tongue print.

The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes.

315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.

On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.

Playing cards were issued to British pilots in WWII. If they were captured, the cards could be soaked in water and unfolded to reveal a map for escape.

Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.

Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.

There are four cars and eleven lightposts on the back of a $10 dollar bill.

If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and look like it is stinging itself to death.

Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to SLOW a film down so you could see his moves.

If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springstein's 'Born in the USA.'

The mask used by Michael Myers in the original Halloween was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.

By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.

Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to digest a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. (Mmm, diet food.)

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!

An old law in Bellingham, Wash., made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing.

Birds have the right of way on all Utah highways.

The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.

Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; "7" was selected because the original containers were 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the direction of the bubbles.

Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

Apples are more efficient than caffeine in waking you up in the morning.

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

Last but not least ...

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

bobby

ME4SPADES_

*Angel*

So that is where my money goes...McDonald's Happy meals.  My son tries to make me go there at least 3 times a day if he could.  LOL  :o

Bree

bobby

Bree

I just did yours Bobby and this was the worst week ever!!!!! :P

bobby

Lish

Quote from: Mayhem on January 28, 2006, 11:04:30 PM
Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin..

ewww that's gross LOL :o :-X

missminimouse

How many of us are actually going to try to put a raisin in a can of soda,   check our kids over for resemblences to make sure they are ours,  check out the back of a $10 bill, begin eating more celery,  chew gum while peeling onions (BTW,  contacts work also,   so don't worry bout the gum contact wearers),  eat an apple in the morning,  and move our toothbrushes to the kitchen?     

The next time i see a scorpion I'll be sure to put some alcohol on it,   and thanks for the tip on quicksand,  just in case I ever walk into some.
And what the heck can ketchup cure???   ;D

Helen

Quote from: missminimouse on January 29, 2006, 02:39:54 PM
How many of us are actually going to try to put a raisin in a can of soda,   check our kids over for resemblences to make sure they are ours,  check out the back of a $10 bill, begin eating more celery,  chew gum while peeling onions (BTW,  contacts work also,   so don't worry bout the gum contact wearers),  eat an apple in the morning,  and move our toothbrushes to the kitchen?     

The next time i see a scorpion I'll be sure to put some alcohol on it,   and thanks for the tip on quicksand,  just in case I ever walk into some.
And what the heck can ketchup cure???   ;D

Ummmmm, probably no one since the topic is "Useless Trivia"!!!

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Brandon493

bobby

pogohatesme

Homer

Mmmmmmmm meatloaf.  :D

Think I'll make some tomorrow.  :P

Then I can have meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers.  :D

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Helen

Quote from: Homer on January 29, 2006, 08:06:43 PM

Well, here's another hamburger for ya Homer!!

pogohatesme

Quote from: Homer on January 29, 2006, 08:06:43 PM

LOL I can send ya some of mine.....my mom got outta the hospital on Wednesday and Friday was her birthday and we usually go out for dinner but she has to stay off her feet so myself, my brother, and my sister all pitched in and cleaned their house and made dinner...I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, and then made an extra meatloaf to freeze for later lol

badgeaddict

Quote from: Mayhem on January 28, 2006, 11:04:30 PM
American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.
geezes how much were olives then?

bobby

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview