This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A friend banned from pogo

Started by missminimouse,

Previous topic - Next topic

missminimouse

A friend of mine was just banned from pogo for the name he used.   It contained swear words.   He'd had the name 3 years and was banned,  lost his membership,  all his badges,  and his tokens.   He'd never once cheated.  What I think stinks about this is,   Pogo allowed the name in the first place and for 3 years gave him badges and tokens and renewed his membership.    NOW all of a sudden they decide to boot him?  Just doesn't sound right to me,  maybe they should have stopped him from making the name in the first place.   What's your opinion?

tigereyes

Yes I agree that they should not have allowed him to make the name in the first place. It's too bad that happened to him. It's all about the money that pogo makes and they don't care. They should really have something in place that makes it so you can't make a name if it has swear words in it or if other members might find it offensive. They just simply don't care though.

bobby

i've seen this happen before, i think if pogo allowed the name in the first place they should just leave it alone, it's just a name it's not hurting anyone

Mary

for some reson pogo is doin a sn search don`t know if people are complainin or turnin in but alots of people are losin acct. for there screen names but i have seen alot this past wekend that where very nasty or usein cuz words so pogo needs to take a closer look and some where new members.. i don`t think pogo should have takin his stuff should have let him change his sn pogo did`nt do the right thing  >:(

Eagles Fan

I've heard of this happening before,too.  I agree they should not have left him make the name in the first place if it is so called offensive.  Probably someone reported it.  Anyway, even if they thought it was offensive, they should just contact him and ask him to change his name.  Some of the things pogo does is just BS.

IndianLover

I agree after being a member for so long pogo should allow the option to change the name since they allowed it for the past few years.  Only problem is I believe pogo stopped allowing name changes years ago. But they should make an exception for someone they let be a member for 3 years with the name.

Country Lady

When someone reports a name that is offensive, pogo should give them the option to change that name.  This should be an exception to their new police on changing names.

Maybe they want him to BUY it back?

SaintHiρρo

While I'm not a fan at all of the recent actions by Pogo, you must remember that it's not a "Pogo" thing, it's more of an EA call. Sure, EA has had control of Pogo for a while but from what I heard in places like "The Sims Online", EA has cracked down on names there too and removed a lot of offensive names, even if it wasn't complained about online. This has trickled down to Pogo since it's now owned by EA and as a result, the people who have spent years working on items like badges, tokens and friends are being affected. Yes it was very wrong of Pogo/EA to not allow this person even the slightest chance of setting up a new name to transfer their info to or even simply allowing them to change their name as they did in the past (I believe this stopped in either 2002 or early 2003) but it's not completely Pogo's fault to blame. Let's point the fingers at those (censored)ing losers at EA and start calling to complain to them.

BTW: I censored myself, wasn't something PogoCheats.net did  O0

pogohatesme

I'm sorry I have to give my opinion.  I know that it's partly Pogo and EA's fault for allowing the name in the 1st place.  But please tell me, what kind of idiot makes a name that has cuss words or any other type of perverted wording in it?  You know you run the risk of losing it because they find it or someone reports you for it so why do it in the first place?

Albee

Quote from: pogohatesme on January 30, 2006, 02:53:58 PM
I'm sorry I have to give my opinion.  I know that it's partly Pogo and EA's fault for allowing the name in the 1st place.  But please tell me, what kind of idiot makes a name that has cuss words or any other type of perverted wording in it?  You know you run the risk of losing it because they find it or someone reports you for it so why do it in the first place?

you shouldn't talk! You have "eat me" in YOUR screen name here. Well its past tense, "Ates Me" but still!

:D CDFU!

ME4SPADES_

hmmmm pogohatesme where do you get that out of the name (eat me)

pogohatesme

Quote from: Albee on January 30, 2006, 06:39:09 PM
Quote from: pogohatesme on January 30, 2006, 02:53:58 PM

you shouldn't talk! You have "eat me" in YOUR screen name here. Well its past tense, "Ates Me" but still!

:D CDFU!

Hooked on Phonics works for all......maybe you should try it....my s/n on here is Pogo Hates Me.....that's a big difference from some of the screen names I've seen on Pogo.

Albee

CDFU!

Anyone else find it awfully cruel that the phone number to Phonics is 1800ABCDEFG?

ME4SPADES_

Albee

Country Lady

Hmm, I wonder why so many people find they need to use that F word?  My kids wouldn't have lived long if I had ever heard them use it.
LOL, the younger generation don't even know how to cuss right, let alone how to spell.  Cracked up would have been sufficient.

ME4SPADES_

i here you on that one countrylady mine are up in age if i ever here them say it i would slap them a good one

not nice at all

BigTim

I am very surprised that the administrator for this site allows this type of discussion at all.  After all, there are kids on here.

ME4SPADES_

Quote from: BigTim on January 30, 2006, 07:14:09 PM
I am very surprised that the administrator for this site allows this type of discussion at all.  After all, there are kids on here.

dont worry they will see it

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview