This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A friend banned from pogo

Started by missminimouse,

Previous topic - Next topic

cathyl1226

I went in to my profie on pogo to change my age( I just had a b-day and have to come to terms w/ being 30 now) and in my interests before i had "cahtting feel free to IM me" and then had my yahoo IM name.  When I clicked on finish I had an error message that this is a "family site" and it was edited to ******.  But I had it there for a year and met some great people that way.  I wonder if my pogo name had been offensive if I would have been banned.

Eagles Fan

Quote from: Albee on January 30, 2006, 06:39:09 PM
Quote from: pogohatesme on January 30, 2006, 02:53:58 PM
I'm sorry I have to give my opinion.  I know that it's partly Pogo and EA's fault for allowing the name in the 1st place.  But please tell me, what kind of idiot makes a name that has cuss words or any other type of perverted wording in it?  You know you run the risk of losing it because they find it or someone reports you for it so why do it in the first place?

you shouldn't talk! You have "eat me" in YOUR screen name here. Well its past tense, "Ates Me" but still!

:D CDFU!
OK Sorry but just had to put my 2 cents in again.  A lot of times it is where the persons mind is that things seem good or bad.  I have been on this site for a few months now and enjoy it.  Also, pogohatesme has helped a lot of people in here and I have never looked at her name as you have.  Also, anything that is considered unacceptable in here, the administrators have taken it off and they have done it very quickly.

Country Lady

Oh yes, that is so true.  I remember awhile back someone was whimpering because they lost their ability to have an avatar.  I don't remember exactly.   
This is a nice site and only a few try to get things started.  I doubt there are very many kids on here.  If there are, it would be teens .  Many of them have the worse mouths of all.
I have heard much worse than that on pogo itself and not in uncensored rooms either.  Try going to a teen room and hanging out awhile.  Or someone mentioned pool was one of the teen meeting places.  You would not believe what they talk about or say.

pogohatesme

Quote from: Country Lady on January 30, 2006, 08:24:52 PM
Oh yes, that is so true.  I remember awhile back someone was whimpering because they lost their ability to have an avatar.  I don't remember exactly.   
This is a nice site and only a few try to get things started.  I doubt there are very many kids on here.  If there are, it would be teens .  Many of them have the worse mouths of all.
I have heard much worse than that on pogo itself and not in uncensored rooms either.  Try going to a teen room and hanging out awhile.  Or someone mentioned pool was one of the teen meeting places.  You would not believe what they talk about or say.

Sometimes I hate clicking the "Play Now" button cause it just throws you into a room and yes, some of those teens rooms are so much more worse than the uncensored rooms.

missminimouse

Quote from: Country Lady on January 30, 2006, 08:24:52 PM

before I became a "club pogo" member I always played checkers (sadly i feel the game is vile now that i have badge games to play)  and the non members rooms in the beginner tab there are just awful.   full of 13 and 14 yr olds basically trying to cyber,    and they will read your profile and start fights with you over non sense.  they read in my profile that i have kids,  and although i had not said a word,  they started in on me for being on my computer and not watching my kids.   just out of no where,  and the mouths those kids have,  my gosh..........some of the things made me blush,      and i don't blush easy. 

Julie

Checkers eh? lol except for badges I don't play it but I always thought checkers would be full of nerds lol j/k ;)  In anyway from what you've written is sounds like the beginner & social rooms in Dominoes on any given day or night ;D

Albee

Quote from: cathyl1226 on January 30, 2006, 07:58:46 PM
I went in to my profie on pogo to change my age( I just had a b-day and have to come to terms w/ being 30 now) and in my interests before i had "cahtting feel free to IM me" and then had my yahoo IM name.  When I clicked on finish I had an error message that this is a "family site" and it was edited to ******.  But I had it there for a year and met some great people that way.  I wonder if my pogo name had been offensive if I would have been banned.

They update what you can't put in your profile, doesn't necessarily have to be offensive. They do that for users protection sometimes. I guess SN for messengers are an added filter. O_o But if you don't update your profile, you old "filterable" info will stay.

gatime

I also have a friend that had a account banned for the name he had, with no warring it was suspended. I think if they let you start with the name then you should at least be given a chance to change it. My personal opinion is its just another way for them to sucker you out of more money, they know you will come back for more. It's all about the power, and right now Bill has it all.

xsquezme

Well on any other on line game I have payed to play if they do not like the name you have ( yes some names do slip threw the cracks ) they just change it and then you have to contact them to change it to a name you want. To take away the whole account is just wrong. Now if this person had been rude, obnoxious and all that jazz sure, but to not allow a change when a person pays for a service is not right.

SaintHiρρo

Simply call Pogo/EA and threaten legal actions against them since you received no type of warning for an account you've spend your money on. You'll have it taken care of.

Naturally some people will question if you will actually follow up on your threat but that's something Pogo/EA will have to worry about!

gatime

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 20, 2006, 06:05:47 AM
Simply call Pogo/EA and threaten legal actions against them since you received no type of warning for an account you've spend your money on. You'll have it taken care of.

Naturally some people will question if you will actually follow up on your threat but that's something Pogo/EA will have to worry about!

They called EA infact I got the number for him right off of this forum ....lol But they said he would need to go to ea support website and send a email... This was for xbox360 live not pogo.

Homer

These are the numbers I have.

1-866-543-5435 and the other Pogo phone number is 1-888-842-6388

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

slidecage2222

they should of   told them to change their name  --- but then again  i dont think there is a way ....

they should of  just gave him a new account... it seems pogo  has just started cracking down on names..  what else do they have to do  instead of cracking down  now  it seems not a single person working for pogo knows how to  programs  games to make them work  LOL    shuffle bump is  6 weeks  behind coming out... Wonderland had bugs   spades had bugs.. ECT

then again its their website  so i think  they are SOL

Homer

Pogo can change your sn. They just choose not to let you. Before EA bought pogo you could change your sn. Personally I don't see what pogo's hangup is on that topic. It's not a big deal to let people change their sn's. They aren't very customer friendly. :o

hades

lol pogo is just on alil power trip thinkin they can do as they choose and figuring people will still run back afterwards.  ::)

Homer

I'd bet in many cases that's just what happens. The user drops their account and opens a new one.

hades

i believe so too homer.and the idiots at pogo just smile and think to themselves "ah we knew theyd be back.now lets torture them more"

~Ãutolovér~

Quote from: Homer on March 20, 2006, 02:14:17 PM
I'd bet in many cases that's just what happens. The user drops their account and opens a new one.

I hope that never happens to me :o........... I have too many badges and too many tokens  8)
                                    Thanks to PC and BH  <3  ee4.gif

rattymatty2000

Yesterday i was banned from pogo for 72 hours for mentioning this website :(

gran2x2

ewwwwwwwwww......big no no....pogo hates BH....Lucky it was only 3 days... snowman1.gif party8a.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview