PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 11:02:57 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

SUNJAVA

Started by LastCall,

Previous topic - Next topic

LastCall

Hello
   I never used SUNJAVA before my games ran excellent
      Now if I uncheck SUNJAVA and I put JIT back I cannot get into Pogo at all I get a green page
         why is it now you need SUNJAVA ? Some games do not run on SUNJAVA can you please explain to me
         I did e-mail EA but they do not get back to me OF COURSE 
                                                        Thank You
PS my SUNJAVA was updated to1.5.o_06

missminimouse

Are you using IE or firefox?    I use IE,    have always had sunjava,   but recently tried another one and worked fine.   Then was told that the only java that firefox will work with on pogo is sunjava,  so had to d/l it again.   Not sure why,   just know that firefox will only work with sunjava.

LastCall

I am on AOL  IE
  SUNJAVA Will not run correct I was fine before Pogo did that I did not need SUNJAVA now pogo asks for it  I dony know what the prpblem is thanks :'(

missminimouse

Yeah, pogo did something whacky with their java,   and a lot of people are having a lot more problems now.   Hope they get the kinks worked out soon.   But I don't see why you have to use sunjava,   whatever i tried the other day was fine.

Jinx55

Quote from: LastCall on February 01, 2006, 08:04:38 PM
I am on AOL  IE
  SUNJAVA Will not run correct I was fine before Pogo did that I did not need SUNJAVA now pogo asks for it  I dony know what the prpblem is thanks :'(

Pogo is not asking me for any particular Java  Lastcall perhaps you need to have your comp cleaned up , do you have a great deal loaded on it?  Why can you NOT run Pogo on MSJava? I guess I do not understand your problem, sorry  ??? Oh have you deleted your SunJava files recently? That is a good thing to do especially if you are playing a lot using Sun  :)

LastCall

If I delete SUNJAVA i CANNOT RUN ANY GAMES I get a green page saying I need sunjava I ran jit before it was running excellent << running sunjava my comp really has nothing on it I only use it for games But How do u clean sunjava   thanks for caring :)

Jinx55

Go to your Control Panal find Java (the coffee cup) rt click- click open- click delete files- when another window comes up click OK and wait a sec and all Sun files are deleted Good Luck 8)

Mary

THANKS JINX WAS WONDERIN HOW TO DO THAT  ;D  O0

Jinx55

You are very welcome mama  8)   I'm a bit of an over-deleter, so my kids tell me, but I like to keep my comp cleaned up as I am running XP with minimum memory, I need more memory but my brother-in-law(a computer expert and programmer) is telling me I'd be better off with a new comp as this one is going on over 5 years old :(  Yup he is right, now if he'd just pay for it lol  O0 )

pogohatesme

Are you making sure that after you unclick the sun java you are reclicing the MSVM?  You JIT button should always be on..........but you have to unlick the MSVM to turn the Sun on......so when you turn Sun off.......you'll need to click the one next to MSVM.

LastCall

Hello Jinx and thanks I did it
     that is great to know I went to pogo and still problems I know it is not my computer
           because it is 2 years old plus it runs some autos great
                       Thank You so much

Tori

Well, I'm no computer expert for sure  ;D..but when I updated sun java, I saw something on the sun installation page about ..in some situations, may have to edit registry or something..check the installation instructions for Sun Java..may help ya.  hope so

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview